Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So very thankful for the split. Sick and tired of people looking at the stock price as if it's worth more than Google. This market cap/stock price thing is difficult for people to grasp.
Agreed...however Google owns 10% of SpaceX....so i am invested in $GOOGL as well :) Hopefully this split will give more exposure to investors that did not have a chance to get in.

Wow - folks here seem to be in a prickly mood today.

I've noticed whenever Tesla has surprising runs to the upside, which has been a regular occurrence through this entire year, people who lightened their holdings, thinking it couldn't possibly go higher, guessing they will be able to buy more for less in the coming weeks, are left sitting on the sidelines gasping at how much profit they are missing. This tends to put them in a depressed, combative mood as they watch the share price climb up above where they could ever hope to buy it back for less.

Last edited:
Fresh FUD of today: "What if the fire in Nor Cal reaches Fremont? What if the factory burns down?"
I have no words.

Take the insurance money and set up somewhere else purpose built?

I'm sure there's plenty of people and businesses who would suffer if it got to Tesla's area. It just re-emphasises the importance of the mission.

Best wishes to anyone affected or at risk.

I've noticed whenever Tesla has surprising runs to the upside, which has been a regular occurrence through this entire year, people who lightened their holdings, thinking it couldn't possibly go higher, guessing they will be able to more for less in the coming weeks, are left sitting on the sidelines gasping at how much profit they are missing. This tends to put them in a depressed, combative mood as they watch the share price climb up above where they could ever hope to buy it back for less.

Important for people to set up different long term and trading accounts. They can track their trading account to see just how smart they are for not HODLing their TSLA indefinitely, or their stocks in general, but trading their way to riches.

I can state with confidence that it was the best thing I ever did concerning TSLA, and although my short term trading account is looking so much better of late, my long term holdings are just shocking. Routinely making daily gains that surpass what I thought were my initial large investments from years ago.

So yeah, I do not qualify as smart based on my trading account. My long term accounts OTOH....maybe.

Oh i contemplated that for days but I think a plaid X or S will take at least a year to appear in Europe. Can’t stand my BMW 3series anymore, in need of a decent car!

Less Plaid at this moment, I need an X still for my family, a Performance is fine, but I'm more thinking potential facelift/battery improvements.

Anyway, I asked for a trade-in from Tesla, see what they come up with.

I've so much frikkin' money right now, I fancy a treat...

(OK, I've a beautiful XP100DL+ now, but I it's a bit the end of the crappy MX's and I really felt it driving to France with the slower charging speed compared to all the Model 3's)

@SarahsDad, awesome article find, a must read for all. Note this was written in 2007, before the original Tesla Roadster, before the iPhone. Amprius Technology has been perfecting this new battery for over 13 years. Coincidence? I think not.

"The new technology, developed through research led by Yi Cui, assistant professor of materials science and engineering, produces 10 times the amount of electricity of existing lithium-ion, known as Li-ion, batteries...

The breakthrough is described in a paper, "High-performance lithium battery anodes using silicon nanowires,"published online Dec. 16 in Nature Nanotechnology, written by Cui, his graduate chemistry student Candace Chan and five others.

The greatly expanded storage capacity could make Li-ion batteries attractive to electric car manufacturers. Cui suggested that they could also be used in homes or offices to store electricity generated by rooftop solar panels."

If Battery Day only reveals technology better by only 2X, let alone 10X, than existing lithium-ion batteries, this will be a game changer.
If Tesla announces that the new technology is already in production, then Tesla's lead will become insurmountable.
The best has yet to come.
I have to think, given all the years that have passed with no announcements, that this technology has one of the usual "buts" that come along with many battery breakthroughs. It's probably either too expensive to mass produce, does not withstand many charge cycles, or can't handle fast charge rates. Or maybe Tesla's interest revolved around the capacitor version before Elon changed his view on their usefulness.

Evacuation orders East of Mission Boulevard, does not cover Tesla Factory.

View attachment 579641

Link to map: https://nifc.maps.arcgis.com/apps/V...9d&extent=-123.2395,36.6849,-119.5618,38.1032

Red is mandatory evacuation order, yellow means standby/be prepared to leave on a moment’s notice.

This is the 2nd largest fire in California history :(

For those of us not familiar with the area - can anyone plot the Tesla factory / holdings on this map?

Hope everyone is safe and whole bunch of rain shows up

Reactions: wipster
But this is largely because Tesla is the same sort of phenomenon as Apple -- a company devoted to something noble that becomes (indeed, must become) a huge financial success seemingly by accident.

I agree that Tesla has noble goals. I'm flabbergasted that you consider Apple's goals comparable or noble. :oops:

Important for people to set up different long term and trading accounts. They can track their trading account to see just how smart they are for not HODLing their TSLA indefinitely, or their stocks in general, but trading their way to riches.

I can state with confidence that it was the best thing I ever did concerning TSLA, and although my short term trading account is looking so much better of late, my long term holdings are just shocking. Routinely making daily gains that surpass what I thought were my initial large investments from years ago.

So yeah, I do not qualify as smart based on my trading account. My long term accounts OTOH....maybe.
This is exactly why I could never sell TSLA. I hear over and over again of all the stories of people who deeply and sorrowfully regretted that decision. I’m sure that day will someday come and make sense, for me in general, but that day, is definitely not today but in a very very long time from now.

Agreed...however Google owns 10% of SpaceX....so i am invested in $GOOGL as well :) Hopefully this split will give more exposure to investors that did not have a chance to get in.
Yes! And part of me wonders if in a few months with elections and all the utter turmoil that ensues along with that dramatic but majorly important event, the share price may drop a bit too.

Yes! And part of me wonders if in a few months with elections and all the utter turmoil that ensues along with that dramatic but majorly important event, the share price may drop a bit too.
$TSLA like all other stocks will rise and drop...what differentiates $TSLA is the future potential returns that will be unprecedented if they continue to execute like they have been.

I do have to admit - seeing that map of the evacuation area and the "be ready to go" area - did make me pause for a sec. but that is primarily as I dont know the area
The factory is only a few hundred meters from bay water in a creek. There are major residential areas between the factory and nearby mountains. If the fire burns that far, we have much bigger issues to worry about.

My near-term predictions (aka SWAG)

1. S&P inclusion announcement on August 31st

· SP continues to build in anticipation of this

2. Tesla announces additional share offering within a week after the inclusion announcement.

· A token offering as part of the S&P inclusion negotiations

· This will continue the build the SP (with more retail buyers now)

3. Battery day & Annual shareholder meeting will focus on battery technology, increased range, & highlight the growing Tesla Energy business. Surprises may be moving the timeline for the Roadster & Cybertruck. FSD will be getting closer…still “soon”

· The SP may get a modest bump from this.

· Wall street will still be unable to comprehend the big picture

4. Design refreshes on the S & X will wait until after September 30th

· Announcing on the 22nd would steal their own thunder

· Announcing anything sooner than the 22nd would Osborn 3rd quarter sales

· The effect on SP will be neutral

HODL if you can. Enjoy the ride.

Last edited:
$TSLA like all other stocks will rise and drop...what differentiates $TSLA is the future potential returns that will be unprecedented if they continue to execute like they have been.
Absolutely! I’m just hoping for a slight drop around that time so I can put a large amount in at once lol. But for now, dollar cost averaging has served me well because that “dip” I’m hoping for may never come.