Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has there ever before been a large cap stock ever popped almost 6% in a day and received essentially zero coverage in the financial press about the rise? Especially when the market had a negative/flat day overall? I can understand a 6% rise not being reported on if the entire market is ripping higher with every stock up big, but to have such a standout finance performance and see essentially no coverage of it is insane to me.

US politically related news was overwhelming today.

I wonder if REVIVE on his profile picture is referring to on old Mars mission. The location on that map could maybe refer to something of importance.

Yes, that was in reference to the Mars Opportunity rover that recently stopped communicating with Earth. Pewdiepie talks about it on meme review prior to handing it off to Elon.

When I decided to stop eating meat, I quit cold turkey.
It wasn't as hard as everyone says it is. ;)
Yeah, but wasn't one of the side-effects you dressing up in an itchy bear suit for awhile? :eek::D

Strictly a joke referencing her earlier attempt to buy puts. No bears were harmed during the posting of any messages.

Last edited:
Didn’t seem to overwhelm coverage of “Elon Tusk”.

Many news outlets also overlooked another Musk related item today, even though it's a big deal here in Chicagoland. This should not affect Tesla other than being one less distraction for Elon. A Boring Company plan to build a tunnel from downtown Chicago to the O’Hare airport was enthusiastically supported by current Mayor Rahm Emanuel. He chose not to run again for mayor, and yesterday an election was held with 14 mayoral candidates. The top two will face off April 2. They both are disinterested in the tunnel.

When I first saw how they were split up, the thought did cross my mind that individually, they mean nothing:

California
Thursday 2:00PM
Some Tesla news

The first two were sent around the same time, with the last one being sent like an hour later. Of course, when I read it, I assumed they all went together.

But saying "Some Tesla news" is a truthful statement since there is always "some Tesla news" in the media.

"California" and "Thursday 2:00PM" could be where he has a podiatrist appointment for all we know.

That's too clever by half. Would not want that battle.

This site is addictive, not like seeking alpha. Here it's all warm and fuzzy. But I vowed this year to spend less time on social media. I got places to be and people to see! Damn, I think I'm just gonna have to go cold turkey! ;)

30 posts in one day, some with considerable substance. You're practically mainlining TMC, friend. :)

Regarding CR:

Tesladaily podcast has an interview with Jake Fisher from Consumer Reports:

Tesla Daily Podcast

My guess for tomorrow is
Transcontinental
Unassisted
by autopilot

CR's rating system is the dumbest thing I have ever witnessed.

You can't have the legend say "above average" as a green up arrow but in reality it's actually "average". CR doesn't seem to understand bell curves or what the definition of "average" is.

Making an India related announcement when it is on the brink of war would not be appropriate I would think.
No, not on brink of war. The low level war that has been on going for 40 years - just gets a little hot once in a while.

Of course the upcoming election makes it complicated.

In any case, Indian luxury market is too small for it to be a worthwhile big announcement.

A thought re:Model Y/Truck...

People have noted that they usually want press, etc at the event. But I’m wondering if that would still be the case. Model 3 completely overwhelmed them, to the point that it became a negative. And Elon has 25 million followers on Twitter. Seems to me even just a Twitter announcement of one or both would generate more demand than they’d know what to do with.
Twitter's preaching to the quire. Press events reach lots of different folks for little cost. More demand = good.