Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I actually think Tim is on a bit of a hot seat over at Apple and is getting pressure from multiple sides that he needs to do something to get Apple innovating again. The past 5 years have shown that Cook can't do that organically. Apple has been unable to get into markets beyond the phone, tablet, and laptop. I think Apple is actively looking into companies to buy or partner with in order to get into new markets.
Remember, innovation is not easy, it takes time.
You think Apple announced innovative products every other year during Steve Jobs era?

Reactions: mutle
I feel like everyone is ignoring the obvious: That tomorrow's announcement is simply that Tesla has paid their bond off. That's it.

I think so too. But I think the reason he pre-announced this announcement on twitter is to taunt the SEC. Basically showing markets will react to his tweets, even when there is nothing material in his tweets. Even the bond payoff announcement would not be material since it’s a given, and widely expected.

Strange what a big deal is being made out of a few vague tweets.

My guess is that Elon Tusk will announce that all cars currently rolling off the line contain the hardware for full self driving, and a coast coast autonomous drive will be successfully made by the end of the year. But he will fail to mention what year specifically.

I also predict Musk is messing with the SEC to show them the tweet-in-contempt did nothing to the stock, while the SEC motion and a non-material tweet on “news to come” that is completely ok makes the stock go bonkers.

That makes no sense whatsoever: dates of important corporate events are "material non-public information" before they are announced, and they do move the price which is pretty much the definition of "material non-public information".

I am 100% certain Elon got permission for yesterday's "Some Tesla news" tweets from the Tesla lawyer whose job is to review and sign off on the release of such information. It would be incredibly reckless and pointless for Elon not to do so.

(The 500k tweet wasn't reviewed not because Elon wes reckless, but because Elon (correctly) thought that it was not material non-public information anymore, because it was already made public.)

Someone posted a teslarati story earlier about a video that had a Mercedes Benz charging on a Tesla Supercharger, and speculated that it could be related to tomorrow’s announcement.

Thinking back to Musk saying supercharger V3 network will be cheaper to build out - I wonder if that’s due to the simple reason that Daimler/MB is going to be paying half the cost in return for access to the network?

The related talk about the two companies working on a Van together also comes into play.

Bought another 100 shares at $301, will sell em on Friday no matter the price. Have way too many shares. Damn you Elon Tusk

Actually, consider taking some profits b4 the close on Thu instead of waiting for Fri.

*** Again, not an Advice ***

Then wait and see what happens with the News... you can always buy in again. But hey if you're already holding lots, ur good right?

Cheers!

Someone posted a teslarati story earlier about a video that had a Mercedes Benz charging on a Tesla Supercharger, and speculated that it could be related to tomorrow’s announcement.

see Mercedes-Benz EQC spotted mysteriously charging at Tesla destination charger [Update]

A Tesla spokesperson has confirmed to Teslarati that according to company records, the destination charger in auto motor und sport‘s video is equipped with two universal and two Tesla-only connectors. The Mercedes-Benz EQC was connected to a universal charger that was mislabeled as a Tesla-only charging unit.

I think so too. But I think the reason he pre-announced this announcement on twitter is to taunt the SEC. Basically showing markets will react to his tweets, even when there is nothing material in his tweets. Even the bond payoff announcement would not be material since it’s a given, and widely expected.

I thought this is not worthy of an announcement. But you changed my mind. Yeah he could use this as an argument in court.

Another 14 hours to go...

Pick-up news? Autonomous charging?

Screenshot 2019-02-28 at 07.57.12.png