Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Q4 automotive revenue was 6B (5,5%=$330M) and Q4 SG&A was $667M, meaning halving SG&A by closing stores/converting to galleries.

What reason do you have for thinking that stores aren't such a large portion of SG&A?
I think together closing stores (more importantly not paying commission to salesmen) and referrals is saving Tesla 6%.

I'll post when I get the SR+ I placed the order on feb28 in two weeks. :)
It's good signal if tesla is able to do it. It means they are adding more sales for Q1 that were not there previously.

Please do ;) Also are you a reservation holder? Also, Sac CA? Sounds like a good combination to get yours quicker than anyone

Another explanation is that their production levels have sharply increased from Q4's average of 5k/week. The reported Vin's this month for Q1 so far definitely support a higher level of production(greater than 6.5/week average)

The worry over demand when the cheapest starting price was 43k was so silly. If Model 3 really does have organic demand for 500k/year, the higher trim probably only accounts for 10-15% percent of that demand, the mid-range probably 20-25% and the low end(35k-40k) is odds on 50% or more.

Reactions: neroden
No, he meant the MR pack was ready then, earlier than was planed to be out by Feb.
Sure, that was the direct message, but the same pack line is making SR and MR packs, their supply chain was all lined up for the base trim package, and they are past the 5k /wk threshold for Tesla to make SR sustainably. So I'm not seeing any data that indicates that SR was planned to come out months from now.

Reactions: neroden
upload_2019-3-3_14-21-51.gif