Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woah, that's an early 19Q1 ER!

https://ir.tesla.com/news-releases/...date-first-quarter-2019-financial-results-and

PALO ALTO, Calif., April 11, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tesla will post its financial results for the first quarter of 2019 after market close on Wednesday, April 24, 2019. At that time, Tesla will issue a brief advisory containing a link to the Q1 2019 Update Letter, which will be available on Tesla’s Investor Relations website. Tesla will hold a live question and answer webcast that day at 2:30pm Pacific Time (5:30pm Eastern Time) to discuss the Company’s financial and business results and outlook.

Woah, that's an early 19Q1 ER!

https://ir.tesla.com/news-releases/...date-first-quarter-2019-financial-results-and

PALO ALTO, Calif., April 11, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tesla will post its financial results for the first quarter of 2019 after market close on Wednesday, April 24, 2019. At that time, Tesla will issue a brief advisory containing a link to the Q1 2019 Update Letter, which will be available on Tesla’s Investor Relations website. Tesla will hold a live question and answer webcast that day at 2:30pm Pacific Time (5:30pm Eastern Time) to discuss the Company’s financial and business results and outlook.
Would’ve been more fun if they had announced it 2 days before the CC like in October

I think you made it official. For me it's two days by now.
It's of course so cool to attack someone who just trolls around randomly and quickly resorts to name calling. But what if someone actually knows their stuff, contributes inconvenient truths and is actually able to correct misinformation offered as rebuttal with articles from the actual source? Ad hominem attack, full speed ahead, tack team engage, all hands on deck!
Let's call it Truth-Off Day. And revisit it never.

Jesus H Christ, where did you come from and what are you on?

Sorry, but it's too much effort scrolling past your posts and the ensuing discussions, so much to my regret, you're now on my ignore list. Congratulations, even Smokey Bear and the Birds didn't make that list.

Would’ve been more fun if they had announced it 2 days before the CC like in October

Sure, but this is already pretty bullish IMO.

This is two days after the Investor's FSD Day - do we really think they're going to obliterate the positive news from that with poor earnings two days after?

Well, Elon does move in mysterious ways, I suppose...

I understand. To each his own. But consider the following.

For the 2 years since April 10, 2017

TSLA -11.6%
ARKK +103.3% (doubled despite TSLA being a drag)

Admittedly this does not include the annual fee of 0.75% that I pay to the ARK Invest team for researching, monitoring and actively trading the stocks either in or being considered for ARKK. Meanwhile, owning an ETF is a lot less risky than depending on a single stock.

BTW, ARK's policy is not to necessarily sell any of a stock if it exceeds 10% of a fund, but to not buy more of that stock.

Agreed - this is a good fund to invest in if you want a like return and lower risk, which is why I'm trying to persuade my wife to invest in it.

Of course there are many such funds out there, but this one believes in Tesla, so for me they know what they're talking about.

Reactions: BBone
Agree. Very bullish likely. Curious what the stock will do tomorrow. Options IV gonna shoot up, though it was already high for that week due to Autonomous Day event.

Really curious where the stock will close by Friday, 19th. Want to say it will be at the very edge of the upper band of the falling wedge pattern, so about 290. And then break out of that wedge up or down after those events. Can it though break out of the wedge before? Going to a be crazy!

This is two days after the Investor's FSD Day - do we really think they're going to obliterate the positive news from that with poor earnings two days after?

The best way to shift the focus from a bad ER is to have a splashy event just a couple of days after that..
I may be cynical, but I’m not expecting a good ER at all. Let’s hope I’m wrong.

Edit: actually, I’m an idiot (it’s early morning here). The ER is after the FSD thing. Ok then, you may be right.

Plus minus or plus plus. No way to know what they are thinking. Mix up the headlines, good with bad, or shoot for the moon with a two stager.
Safest to assume the former.

NO.PNG

EV Sales: Norway March 2019

Plug-in vehicle share is 69% of total market. Top 5 Plug-in models in March were also the Top 5 overall models. Not standard hybrid, petrol or diesel car in the Top 5.

Reactions: dc_h and Nathan
Agree. Very bullish likely. Curious what the stock will do tomorrow. Options IV gonna shoot up, though it was already high for that week due to Autonomous Day event.

Really curious where the stock will close by Friday, 19th. Want to say it will be at the very edge of the upper band of the falling wedge pattern, so about 290. And then break out of that wedge up or down after those events. Can it though break out of the wedge before? Going to a be crazy!
Your post's mention of 290 reminded me of a previous post mentioning someone took 50k calls at I think about 290. If it goes north of there that person will make a fortune in a short time.

• Informative
Reactions: Antares Nebula