Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
up 3 to down 1.50 in a min

make that down 2 2.5

don’t have the throw much volume at manipulating the morning. but todays regular trading may give us a show of what’s to come.

papa had interesting write-up yesterday in daily charts. worth a look

Go test drive the very best autopilot-like technology in competition from any car company. Take a look at their internet boards to see how their customers review it and use it.

Then do the same with Tesla.

I can’t even quantitate the difference in terms of either absolute utility or pace of improvement

not disputing that. i have a 3 and was impressed by ap since the beginning, let alone it’s potential. i’ve been following and driving teslas since 2010-2012, as many of us here, and i think they’re the best product on the market.

but that’s not the issue...it’s the lofty expectations set forth, in valuation, and time to market, and the effect it may have on all who affect the stock price...that was kinda one of my rambling points, and what concerns me

FSD just increased to $6k. A few hours ago it was $5k. Shucks. Hope it doesn't keep going up as I want to buy in a few months.

OK.

I managed to place my Model 3 order in the narrow window with FSD at 5200 € and 7500 km free Supercharging via a referral.

Also, I have been lucky to be able to raise money for the payment without having to sell any TSLA, which is very good since for some time my TSLA has had that expensive, red color.

Patrick McGee on Twitter

More on the @tesla - Fiat 'open pool' arrangement.

Not said explicitly how much Fiat will pay Tesla to meet EU 2020/21 targets, but it's sizable and multi-year.

Peter Campbell on Twitter

“Total cost of credits across both Europe and Nafta is €1.8bn, CFO Richard Palmer says.

Says it is important for the company to have secured the credits.”

Is FCA only buying credits from Tesla?

Patrick McGee on Twitter

More on the @tesla - Fiat 'open pool' arrangement.

Not said explicitly how much Fiat will pay Tesla to meet EU 2020/21 targets, but it's sizable and multi-year.

“Total cost of credits across both Europe and Nafta is €1.8bn, CFO Richard Palmer says.

Says it is important for the company to have secured the credits.”

Is FCA only buying credits from Tesla?

From above it looks like the FCA payments are at least 140m$/quarter.

Lots of questions on the Tesla/CO2 deal. Latest - does it get you over the CO2 line?

Manley estimates FCA would have picked up €390m fine this year.

Lays out v clear roadmap of how FCA intends to meet CO2 rules over 2020-22...

Roadmap of FCA CO2 compliance:

20% conventional ICE tech rollout

80% credit pooling

40% ICE tech

45% from EV/hybrid rollout

15% credits

50-60% EV/hybrid

40% ICE tech

Manley: "If there is need for pooling [in '22], it will be v v small"

Ok so. 390m eur fine dodged this year. Could be 140m $ total paid for 2019 to avoid.

Why $Tesla is UP this morning 3% and now is down -0.8%
Strange any bad news comming ????

The SP will be natually capped at the convertible Senior notes price (set at May 2nd close or $244.10/share).

The offer closes on May 15. I think we'll see a natural lull until then.

Why would anyone accumulate shares at a higher SP when you could buy the notes for less?

Cheers!

The SP will be natually capped at the convertible Senior notes price (set at May 2nd close or $244.10/share).

Why would anyone accumulate shares at a higher SP when you could buy the notes for less?

Cheers!

This is not necessarily the case. The offer is not unlimited amount and i guess some investors even do not have chance to participate. On the other hand, shorts can participate and use the new ammo to dump in the open market.

Cheers!

Not everybody knows/cares about the notes is the simple answer to that one. I'm sure there is a more complete and correct answer as well. :D

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger