Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If ARK starts selling or reducing targets, then even the strongest of bulls would need to accept the *sugar* is real.

If T Rowe/Fidelity were to hold a new position now, they would be guaranteed to have done better than ARK.

Lol you know this isn't true. ARK has repeated time and time again, when they do sell Tesla it's to stay within the rules of their fund that no position goes above 10%. Like literally, this has been pointed out on this board probably 50 times over the past month because whenever they do sell, someone's bound to point it out.

Last edited:
Back then Elon had an ounce of credibility and guidance was believable. Now we can’t trust the companies own projections. It’s almost like, why buy now when you can buy after Q2 when the stock drops even more? Since it doesn’t look like they will be close to 90k deliveries
I don't believe now we still priced at 90k deliveries.

RH not in Europe. I've looked at some other options, but seems awfully complicated.
I played around with the BUX app, but options trading is more like gambling than investing... with my Tesla shares I always have the long term believe that they succeed in killing big oil or the world will end anyway, that gives me confidence to stay long in hard times

Wow, I just checked, anf this guy has blocked me too! I've never interacted with him AFAIK...

Kind of proves the MSM campaign against Tesla...

Bonnie got a reply from the LA Times that they're looking into it. Seems like a good sign to me.

On a similar note, just checked again, since it's now been more than 24 hours: AP's false Model S/X prices published yesterday still stand, no correction.

Depends on how you want to interpreted.

Most like : Nothing

Bulls: Elon set a massive bear trap and is about to crush them

Bears: Elon is a lunatic and laughing himself to the bank while his investors lose everything..a true con man.

It's a sign. It could be a sign that a deal is in the works that will support the stock. It could also be a bluff to scare people who are shorting TSLA all the way down to think twice, that they might get burned.

With Elon, it's hard to know, but it's better than the complete silence we've seen to date from him or Tesla IR.

Reactions: Artful Dodger
Lol you know this isn't true. ARK has repeated time and time again, when they do sell Tesla it's to stay within the rules of their fund that no position goes above 10%. Like literally, this has been pointed out on this board probably 50 times over the past month because whenever they do sell, someone's bound to point it out.

I’m not ignorant. I’ve been here for some time to know that at least.
I was referring to their core holding, not the +/- adjustments to stay within 10% criteria.

It's a sign. It could be a sign that a deal is in the works that will support the stock. It could also be a bluff to scare people who are shorting TSLA all the way down to think twice, that they might get burned.

With Elon, it's hard to know, but it's better than the complete silence we've seen to date from him or Tesla IR.

I don't think Elon could scare a kitten into covering a single share sold short(in this reality, cat's are active traders :p).

I think Wall St is uber confident that they have enough contacts within silicon valley that they could get out of their short(and naked short) positions before the detail/buyout/etc... is announced. I'd sure love to see if their confidence is more like arrogance.

Last edited:

He was in good mood at Q1 end. Because they managed to deliver something like half of Q deliveries in the last couple of weeks. Forgot the details. That was a great outcome for him.

I don't think we can assign a lot of meaning to the ;) given that history.

Does this qualify as blood in the streets?

I have dry powder (at least for what I perceive to be a monumental buying opp. this is certainly getting there). But now everyone wants to see where the bottom is. I am curious my self. Looking to triple my position at the right price, but why should anyone be in a hurry? The dark forces aligned against TSLA are very well coordinated at the moment. Tesla should learn from them and emulate their psy ops in the future. FWIW, have been buying bits and pieces all the way down.

So, dominant BEV company in exploding BEV market does not seem to mean much right now. All I know is that it will at some point. And worst case TSLA has got two years of money left.

I think they are exiting 2020 at a million cars a year with the best autonomous available as well. What will stock be then?
I think you have a good approach. Who knows where the bottom is. I think 2019 is a bumpy year. Impossible to time bottoms though. 2020 and every year thereafter is better. What brings back the institutional investors? I'm guessing it's more clarity around demand and costs and also macro issues resolving (China trade).

He was in good mood at Q1 end. Because they managed to deliver something like half of Q deliveries in the last couple of weeks. Forgot the details. That was a great outcome for him.

I don't think we can assign a lot of meaning to the ;) given that history.

Very cryptic though.....................Seeing how the SEC is watching right now, I guess its all we are going to get................a wink.

They want consistent profits, and solid growth...

Nope, it starts with knowing what you are doing.
Don't talk about being profitable, not needing another raise, printing money and than not knowing how to ship cars with boats or how to fill paperwork for an upgraded model.
The hubris has not ended, the incompetence has not ended, the big guys had enough end exit, freefall is thus mandatory.
It will end when this ClusterF* of mismanagement is not just reversed, but also long in the past.

You think MY will be any different? Not with Musk, he needs no stinkin' profit ...