Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not San Jose; at least not yet. Parts of San Jose(mostly on the south/east outskirts) are supposed to lose power at/around noon pacific time. I don’t believe Fremont is supposed to be affected, though I’ve been paying more attention to my neck of the woods(I’m also expected to lose power at noon)

Freemont has a planned outage at noon today but it's only expected to affect 32,000 customers so I doubt it includes industrial areas.

Getting hard to believe any of these spikes up in the share price before the earnings report. Especially when this time we are a bit surprised at the share price run up.

I'm not surprised at this run up at all. The P&D report was strong and so is progress at G3. The upcoming quarter 4 is historically the strongest quarter of the year for auto sales. I would be surprised if the share price stayed down in the weeds. That would be more surprising.

It kind of pisses me off that institutional investors can sit on the beach from May to September, waltz back into the conversation, do a bit of research and buy at these absurdly cheap prices. Why do we go through all this day-to-day aggravation worried about timing break-outs and countering FUD?

Probably would be less stressful to buy a bit over time and not worry about it too much then!

Of course, that is easier said than done. When I come into money I buy a bunch of Tesla then the stock drops 20% and I have to see my account in the red for a while.

Of course, that is easier said than done. When I come into money I buy a bunch of Tesla then the stock drops 20% and I have to see my account in the red for a while.
That's a pretty good strategy, but I prefer dumping all my money into $60/$70/$80 SolarCity LEAPs and watch them dissolve into nothing. Maybe we should write a book together?

Elon Musk has some advice for you:

He says investors that are "concerned about volatility ... should definitely not buy our stock."

That's right from the CEO's mouth.

Personally, I love the volatility. It shows the stock has a lot of promise and investors aren't sure how to value it at any given point in time. That spells opportunity.

It kind of pisses me off that institutional investors can sit on the beach from May to September, waltz back into the conversation, do a bit of research and buy at these absurdly cheap prices. Why do we go through all this day-to-day aggravation worried about timing break-outs and countering FUD?
Because institutional investors, or their managers, sit on the beach orchestrating algobots to react to fake news--pls see The Great Hack on netflix, then come back after their tan is done, and buy at 'suprisingly low' entry points... Buy low, sell high...

Reactions: TheTalkingMule