Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like TSLAQ is crumbing

Ryan Doherty on Twitter
No, just running out of money. For example,
There were more mistakes, but those are the big ones. Aside from that, I learned a bit about many different subjects thanks to the great minds and eclectic backgrounds in $TSLAQ. “Recognizing when someone is smart enough to listen to them” may just be my future investing edge.
He still thinks the $TSLAQ trolls who mislead him were a good source of information. That he was "smart enough" to know who to listen to.

He also says "at least I tried" and that Elon is a corrupt, lying, law breaking fraud who abuses people

Bu-bye, Tim.

Prediction (if CNBC actually asks Tim if he closed his position)

Tim: No, I didn't close my short position, and I'll tell you why. Companies don't just magically drop revenue and become hundreds of millions of dollars more profitable. Nothing has changed to the structural deep flaws of this company and its perilous competitive position. I couldn't let myself close that short position when we're going to get a 10-Q in weeks that I expect to show that this was all smoke and mirrors.

Further Prediction,

He does not close his short position or change his narratives re Tesla after the 10Q comes out. What changes, CNBC has amnesia re Tim's statements yesterday re covering $320-325, much like they did with Bob Lutz many false narratives that time has already debunked.

37M shares shorted. Probably 6M net covered so far. We have a ways to go
I don't think all 37 million will be covered. I think a reasonable expectation is maybe 50% of that?

But we are quickly blowing through the point where the 30% margin requirement many brokers had for shorting TSLA will be exhausted. So more margin calls ought to be going out which will only intensify this squeeze.

I never believed I would live to see this moment but here we are. I have lived to see the Cubs and Giants win the World Series and now I have lived to see a real short squeeze.

...and the last track on the short sellers playlist for today, I give you my musical tribute to Marc Spiegel. Yes, the timeless classic from Nat King Cole...

UNFORGIVEABLE! (you can do the substitutions required) You're welcome.

Dan
I was thinking of "Living on Tesla Time"

EC could do a great job for a free Raven...

Tim: No, I didn't close my short position, and I'll tell you why. Companies don't just drop magically drop revenue and become hundreds of millions of dollars more profitable. Nothing has changed to the structural deep flaws of this company and its perilous competitive position. I couldn't let myself close that short position when we're going to get a 10-Q in weeks that I expect to show that this was all smoke and mirrors.

Further Prediction,

He does not close his short position or change his narratives re Tesla after the 10Q comes out. What changes, CNBC has amnesia re Tim's statements yesterday re covering $320-325, much like they did with Bob Lutz many false narratives that time has already debunked.
Abso-freking-lutely!! Totally agree.

Dan

No, just running out of money. For example,

He still thinks the $TSLAQ trolls who mislead him were a good source of information. That he was "smart enough" to know who to listen to.

He also says "at least I tried" and that Elon is a corrupt, lying, law breaking fraud who abuses people

Kinda like vaccine deniers who cling to the conspiracy theory even if their child dies from a vaccine preventable disease. To do otherwise and accept the alternative would be too hard to bear.

Tim: No, I didn't close my short position, and I'll tell you why. Companies don't just magically drop revenue and become hundreds of millions of dollars more profitable. Nothing has changed to the structural deep flaws of this company and its perilous competitive position. I couldn't let myself close that short position when we're going to get a 10-Q in weeks that I expect to show that this was all smoke and mirrors.

Further Prediction,

Unless this guy is a complete idiot he will likely quietly cover his shares and never own up to it. It isn't like short positions are disclosed (except voluntarily). He may even keep up the "$TSLA bankwuptcy" silliness and not see anything hypocritical in covering while saying it.

F193FDD3-FC61-46E5-9A22-77C261EDE430.png Just for perspective...you ain’t seen nothin’ yet!

Aston Martin offered a passenger-side ejection seat in the 60s.
I understand that such a seat was an aftermarket modification offered by M, presaging the later M BMW's by more than a decade. The entire M package did have a large number of other security features including at least one that made use of the explosive bolts that were much later used by SAAB in such advantage for their 340 model. Admittedly explosives ejected some unpleasant tacky objects.