Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The ONLY problem with this machine (besisde its uglyness) is : how do I install the ladder RACK???!?!

But for the rest ; for that price and spec, I will buy it. Damn! it is the same price, accelaration and range that my 3 AWD!!!! And I will never have to care again for aesthetic damage.

Hell ! I will not have to care for aesthetics AT ALL !!!

It attaches to the ATV as a rear trailer.

I thought Musk was at his absolute best in terms of delivery! But I'm thinking we've been punked on the truck! The specs are awesome (and the pricing too good to believe). But this is not the truck we will get. I'm kinda mad at Musk for this.
Well, Elon said it wouldn’t be for everyone. He was right.
I was shocked when I first saw the cybertruck, but after a few minutes I got used to it. The straight sides are probably a case of ‘form follows function’: they needed a closed form for aerodynamics, but it needs to be open to put bigger stuff in the cargo bay. I think the top slides way, which probably means they needed a flat cargo bay top. That the sides are flat may also be caused by the super hard metal allow that may be difficult to stamp in a nice form.

upload_2019-11-21_20-52-11.png

Ok. Let me get this straight. Everyone thinks its ugly but me? I think its ****ing amazing. I placed my order. Shocked at the $39k price. I own a 2WD full size truck now and this thing does everything I need. And now I am going to own a truck that runs on electric, and is safe to drive in Baltimore (unless they have those balls that Franz had, then I am ****ed).

Ok. Let me get this straight. Everyone thinks its ugly but me? I think its ****ing amazing. I placed my order. Shocked at the $39k price. I own a 2WD full size truck now and this thing does everything I need. And now I am going to own a truck that runs on electric, and is safe to drive in Baltimore (unless they have those balls that Franz had, then I am ****ed).
With ya, bro.

they can’t do a conventional design when they are unable to mass produce the demand for a conventional design

this was their chance to push envelope and see what sticks. this isn’t mass market, this is niche product that might surpass niche roadster, into X - like demand. not a loser. not a platinum record either. but not intended to be one.

Deliberately limiting demand makes sense to me too. I've long thought they did that with the 3, simply by choosing to make a sedan instead of a hatchback or CUV.

I don’t understand people on here, this thing is unreal. I live in a part of a the country that is probably 50% pickup trucks, and I absolutely loathe the uninspired design, poor specs and overall unimaginative effort that has gone into iterating these things over the ages.
The Cybertruck has broken the mold, and is the most functional truck I’ve ever seen, I really couldn’t care what it looks like (although it does looks like a beast) and the specs are indeed unreal. Absolutely unreal. The price if true will be an absolute game changer for Tesla.

Maybe this is in the wrong thread as many are foretelling of an SP drop tomorrow, but in the long run, the truck is going to destroy the big three when it matters most. They don’t have anything that can remotely compete with this, and if truck buyers stick with their F150’s because it looks more traditional and want to pay more money to operate a lesser vehicle, good for them.

This truck is exactly what I expected from a company that has never accepted the status quo. If you don’t understand that or don’t like it, why are you here?
My kids like it. They want it now.
1. Love this comment, kids are going to love it-- my teen sent me a pic of a Rezvani SUV, i thought it was hideous, but realize now that this is the cutting edge for future generations.
2. The exoskeleton was way underplayed, needed alot more explanation on strength. And likely the reason for the angular shape.
3. Why would the market react negatively, the market reacts on widgets, their cost, and their sales. This is literally a pickup widget, priced well below any pickup truck, and does the exoskeleton mean it is one piece-- is this easier to assemble and produce, and hence cheaper?