Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1+

On this US Holiday, it’s worth taking the time to watch Tony Seba’s talk on the future of electric transport and AI if you missed it earlier. Definitely worth the 30 min review.

This video comes to similar conclusions in a slightly different way:-

It takes a while to get started, just skip forward if you time is limited.

EDIT: Skip over the bit on CC if you are not interested, he says plenty of interesting stuff after that.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: AZRI11 and FrankSG
The relevance of this is around Tesla plans to make up to 20 Million vehicles per year and use 2 TWh of battery modules.

Given that EV are at price parity or close to it with ICE, 95% of the new vehicle market being EVs by say 2030 is not hard to imagine.

If 95% of the new vehicle market is EVs it isn't hard to image Tesla selling 20 Million vehicles per year.

The key is how quickly can companies grow battery module production... Tesla is working diligently on this problem.

EVs are going to be production constrained rather than demand constrained until they are 95% of the new vehicle market.

So I think talk of Tesla vehicles eating into sales of other vehicles is missing the big picture, overall Tesla is growing production and demand will probably grow as fast or faster than production...

La filière automobile sonne le tocsin

The French automotive industry is in danger, and it needs a "contingency plan" to deal with the changing market and the announced decline in sales. While the Automotive Platform (PFA), the organization that brings together manufacturers, equipment manufacturers and subcontractors, is organizing a day of reflection on the future of the sector on December 2 at the Ministry of Economy, its president, Luc Chatel , delivered this Thursday to the press an alarmist analysis of the situation, and demanded the support of the public authorities. "We are absorbing huge upheavals. Are we going to resist? "Asks the former minister. In any case, "everyone will not survive," he says.

The industry faces major transformations. The motorization changes, first of all, with the accelerated development of the electric in order to reduce CO2 emissions. The decline of diesel directly threaten 15,000 jobs in France, according to an estimate of the PFA. Added to this is the shift towards more and more connected vehicles, prior to the autonomous car, which impacts the value chain.

Attachments

• D298F251-8D3E-4791-9DB6-6B03CBEC0EB5.jpeg
    D298F251-8D3E-4791-9DB6-6B03CBEC0EB5.jpeg
    343.2 KB · Views: 70
I would say that, the Car should flash it’s lights and tells everyone that the charge is done.
Then, the plug is unlocked and anyone who is waiting can unplug it. When that happens, Ana notification is sent to the owner to activate summon.
Good proposal! I wonder if that could not be combined with car lights flashing together with the green charging light during reloads. This small green light is not actually very visible for the incoming teslas looking for the best charging place. When in SC stations heavily in use this would improve the turn over rate.

Reactions: Quesder
I think we’re close to 300k CT pre-orders and Thanksgiving will push us over. :cool:
Worldwide Cybertruck reservation tracker
So potentially 300k before market open tomorrow. More likely after market close.

ps : Markets close at 10 AM PST tomorrow. Around the time engineers can give the new number to Musk - unless they have a realtime dashboard for it, which Musk can check whenever he wants.

Good proposal! I wonder if that could not be combined with car lights flashing together with the green charging light during reloads. This small green light is not actually very visible for the incoming teslas looking for the best charging place. When in SC stations heavily in use this would improve the turn over rate.

They could go a step further and locate SCs on an island accessible for parking on 2 sides...when a car has finished you can reverse into the spot on the other side of is island, such that your car rear is directly opposite the other car.

You can then unplug them and plug your car in, the port should unlock when the car is charged. I would not object to anyone unplugging me and plugging in their car in this circumstance... The unplugged car should get an extra 10 minutes grace on idle fees...

It isn't hard to flash charging slots orange when the car opposite is close to fully charged, so the next guy can be parked already before the previous car has even finished. This will help the traffic flow at SCs and reduce congestion.....

All that is needed from Tesla is, longer charging cables, island Superchargers, and a few software changes.

They could go a step further and locate SCs on an island accessible for parking on 2 sides...when a car has finished you can reverse into the spot on the other side of is island, such that your car rear is directly opposite the other car.

You can then unplug them and plug your car in, the port should unlock when the car is charged. I would not object to anyone unplugging me and plugging in their car in this circumstance... The unplugged car should get an extra 10 minutes grace on idle fees...

It isn't hard to flash charging slots orange when the car opposite is close to fully charged, so the next guy can be parked already before the previous car has even finished. This will help the traffic flow at SCs and reduce congestion.....

All that is needed from Tesla is, longer charging cables, island Superchargers, and a few software changes.

Yes, Tesla should definitely start building Ísland superchargers. ;)

I think this Thanksgiving weekend will do for TSLA what it did for bitcoin in 2017. The situation is very similar - Cybertruck will be discussed at dinner tables across the land. Pictures will be shared, and it looks a lot better in Tesla's professional pictures than it did on stage. Soured fund managers will find out their family members actually like it and are buying it..

Reactions: capster
Might have been posted already, but Panasonic GF1 output was up to 30Gwh production rate as of October. It was only 24Gwh/ year in April. Goal is 35 Gwh/year.
Factbox-The World's Biggest Electric Vehicle Battery Makers

In Panasonic's investor day last Friday they appear to suggest Q4 GF1 cell production is up around 20% vs Q3. Looks promising for Q4 Model 3 production!
Also, given Twitter reports Elon is in Japan, I think now would be a great time to buy Panasonic's GF1 business. It would far simplify rollout of Tesla's in-house cell manufacturing - less potential IP conflicts and a US workforce of experienced cell manufacturing staff.

upload_2019-11-28_23-35-37.png

Note that Panasonic's 2020 reporting year finishes in March 2020 so 2020 3QE is Tesla's Q419.
https://www.panasonic.com/global/corporate/ir/pdf/irday2019_am_e.pdf

Last edited:

In Panasonic's investor day last Friday they appear to suggest Q4 GF1 cell production is up around 20% vs Q3. Looks promising for Q4 Model 3 production!
Also, given Twitter reports Elon is in Japan, I think now would be a great time to buy Panasonic's GF1 business. It would far simplify rollout of Tesla's in-house cell manufacturing - less potential IP conflicts and a US workforce of experienced cell manufacturing staff.

View attachment 482578
Note that Panasonic's reporting year finishes in March so 3QE is Tesla's Q4.

I continue to expect a buyout of Panasonic's part of Giga 1 before Battery Investor day

• Helpful
  • Funny
Reactions: Skryll and GOVA

View attachment 482578
Note that Panasonic's reporting year finishes in March so 3QE is Tesla's Q4.

FY20? I guess because of the weird reporting timing that means this year, right?