Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With these methods it will take a little while..

Google Maps

Gotta love Iceland. :)

Iceland.jpg

Anyone have an account with the Telegraph to see past their paywall?

Elon Musk reported British cave rescuer's lawyer to UK police claiming fraud

That's a really explosive charge:

"Mr Musk claimed the lawyer had conspired to set up the Tesla chief 
executive into believing that Vernon Unsworth, a British caver who helped rescue a Thai football team from a cave system last summer, was a paedophile, documents filed by Mr Unsworth’s 
legal team say."

Need to find it in the courtlistener docs too...
WOW. Yes, that does seem a bit explosive, as charges go. :D
Not connected to Telegraph though.

OK, now I see you found a filing. Let's read it later ...

So this is what counts for news these days in that hell simulation substrate they call $TSLAQ

View attachment 484291

This sounds like it may have been joyriders? I know teens love to get their hands on a keyfob since they love to drive Teslas. And their antics often end in accidents...

I know there are a few infamous Tesla shorts in Norway. But I don't know who our T-Q is. But if a fender bender in the snow is big news for them they must really be hunting high and low for bad news.

I've read this before - Elon's lawyers seem to suggest that an Unsworth lawyer tried to entrap Elon, who didn't bite - instead the investigative firm hired by Elon's lawyer filed a fraud complaint in the UK, and stands by that complaint. (Contacting authorities in such cases is pretty much the right approach.)

This filing was written by Elon's lawyers, so it would present Elon's side.

The judge allowed this issue to be discussed at the trial, so I guess we might learn more about it.

To me it fits into the character of Unsworth to have planted that "Thai investigator" who later on turned out to feed Elon false information about Unsworth and who also turned out to be a convicted felon. (At which point Elon obviously broke all contact.)

This false information was the basis of Elon's "off the record" emails to Buzzfeed - which the Buzzfeed "reporter" forwarded to Unsworth's lawyer, who suggested the inflammatory statements to be published in violation of basic journalistic ethics and against the posted ethics guideline of Buzzfeed.

Unsworth dropped the Buzzfeed claims from his suit due to this (because his lawyer invited and permitted the inflammatory emails to be published, removing the basis for any lawsuit) - but the judge still allowed these emails to be shown to the jurors, as "state of mind" and "character" evidence.

But yes, considering these shenanigans I can see why Elon wanted to set an example instead of settling. I really hope his lawyers agreed. :D

Last edited: