Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2019-12-4_1-39-37.png

I'm confused. Why would you need to stop every 100 to 150 miles if you have even 1000 miles of range? In our gas car, we typically drive 250 to 325 miles between stops. 95% of people who travel don't stop every 150 miles. That's only 2 hours of driving. Well, at least in the U.S.
I'm not sure how true this is (nearly everyone driving for many hours between stops), despite many seeming to claim it to be true.

Especially if you have children in the car, you're going to need to stop every couple of hours anyways. It's also unhealthy to go for such lengths of time as well as more likely to lead to accidents from fatigue / lack of alertness. It seems likely that more than 5% of road trips include children or elderly who may need more frequent breaks...

I can't seem to find any statistics on this one way or the other at all though (just getting pages of travel guides and trip planning guides etc).

Interesting. This could of course be good for Tesla if every imported EV gets slapped with a tariff, at which point the advantage of the competing imported EVs having the $7,500k federal EV credit is diminished, negated totally if tariff is higher than $7.5k. Needless to say the price advantage over imported non-EVs also grows.

Except for when the EU slaps Retaliatory tariffs on Cars imported from the US.