Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Other than direct financial beat, was there ever a case with TSLA when anticipated news turned out positive and stock didn't drop or stayed level? I can't remember any and I'm pretty sure overall unless there's something fairly short term and specific that pushed the stock up, most cases we see a drop. Also, there goes my theory of someone using TSLA to prop their 2019 results...
What kind of news are you looking at ? Fairly sure we can find examples.

This is probably "tHe BiG dIp" that everyone on the sidelines has been waiting for so just get in the pool; no running, don't spill your martinis.

Tesla is 6-10 years ahead of everybody and nobody appears to have a remote shot of matching them anytime soon if ever.

That's their moat, or whatever. Market cap should be 250 billion today already.

Happy New Year amigos

Unlike C/D’s other long term cars they bought this one themselves, which is the first time they’ve ever done so.

As such they’re probably just being treated like any other customer in stark contrast to the white-glove business for a manufacturer car.
While they're obviously be treated like any other customer (unfortunately), just reading your first sentence makes me even more suspicious of their motives.

But regardless, I hope Tesla reads their article and gets it diagnosed and fixed ASAP. You must admit, it's pretty cool to have a car that determines it has a problem that is so bad you can't drive it while it's parked and automatically contacts service for you (I think it did at least).

Reactions: The Accountant
This is probably "tHe BiG dIp" that everyone on the sidelines has been waiting for so just get in the pool; no running, don't spill your martinis.

Tesla is 6-10 years ahead of everybody and nobody appears to have a remote shot of matching them anytime soon if ever.

Happy New Year amigos

Not sure if I want to call it big but its healthy. Its a normal routine to test the support after a run we have seen and means indeed nothing. Would not worry to see a few red days but with all the shorts burned and other influences like weak longs taking profits & year end its anyway hard to predict short term movements and thats why I don't do them because all what matters is long term anyway.

We may see phase 2 starting in Jan already, who knows....

Lots of joy ahead.

I trust Car and Driver ( and R&T) far more than any auto rag. Back in the 80s and 90s they took a lot of heat for praising the foreign makes and criticizing (rightly) the domestic products. Motor Trend on the other hand," well how much ad space do you want to buy?"

So far C&D has been fair and complimentary toward Tesla. They are car enthusiasts, C&D will track the Model 3, talk about its handling and give their opinion. If you are expecting something else, then read CNET or Consumer Reports.

Our Tesla Model 3 Suffered a Catastrophic Failure While Parked

What is the first thing you have to do after buying your first Tesla? For me, after plugging it into the wall and discovering that charging it was not going to work at 1-2 M/h, was to get a wall charger installed. Tesla provided a referral to an installer, and I was off and running with full range every morning for my wife. It took longer and cost more than it should have, the referred electrician charged at least triple what it should have cost. Tesla should do better here... since they also claim to be in the power business, they could have easily had a second sale and a possible solar customer had I not felt I had been fed to the sharks. I agree with EM about free SC causing bad behavior, but I feel strongly that helping the customer charge at home has been an opportunity lost... and if they are going to drop the ball, they shouldn't complain when a MS or MX customer spends more time at the SC than they should. ($500 for Tesla Wall Charger, $2500 install (a few hours work and a city inspection). This is the Bay Area and yes it is embarrassing.

In my case, the purchase + installation of the Tesla Wall Charger could not be justified:
1) My garage was already fitted with a (red) CEE-socket, able to max out the Model 3 11kW AC charger,
2) I bought a 2nd hand 3-phase Tesla UMC charger + a matching 11kW CEE-plug,
3) During the week I can charge for free in the vicinity of my home, so my UMC sees limited use at home,
4) I drive a lot with overnight stays at friends & family where the UMC is needed (1- & 3-phase).

What I could have wished is that Tesla offered a Model 3 upgrade where the default 1-phase UMC is replaced by a 3-phase one, so I would have been spared the trouble of getting the 3-phase one myself and of selling my never used 1-phase one.

Shorts were all over that. 1 car breaks down and it's newsworthy for those nuts. WTF is that a news story for car and driver though?

Yes, the Alfa looked good but was a piece of junk, and sales numbers are proving that out. From the article.

"Not only is this the first time we've ever had a long-term car suffer a catastrophic failure while parked, it's also an extraordinarily rare case of any car leaving us stranded, something unacceptable for any new vehicle, particularly one that costs $57,690 and with merely 5286 miles on the odometer. Even our problem-prone Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio was at least able to limp to the dealer following each one of its numerous issues."

Amid the wave of FUD and disinformation that's supposed to ensure filling of my optimistic limit orders, there is suddenly this Forbes article on the Model Y that completely fails to paint Tesla in a bad light (and doesn't even mention Elon Musk):

Tesla 2020: Model Y Vs Model 3 —Likeness Belies Lots Of Differences

Why are the journalists suddenly no longer dependable and what is the TSLA investment climate coming to?

Happy New Year amigos

Well said. The difference between Spacecash and me...Cool Factor. I am impressed.

The reason why Autopilot is not ready for Primetime, stupid stories like this. The Autopilot did nothing wrong here though I am sure Tesla is working on an algorithm for hydroplaning. You can't engineer for stupidity. How much you want to bet this fool tries to sue Tesla.

https://electrek.co/2019/12/30/tesla-drivers-crash-hands-wheel-autopilot/

"A Tesla Model 3 driver filmed himself crashing on Autopilot and it serves as a good reminder that Tesla drivers need to keep their hands on the wheel on Autopilot at all times.

When using Autopilot, Tesla recommends that drivers always keep their hands on the wheel and stay attentive at all times.

A Model 3 driver going by Dougal Vlogs on YouTube was driving on Autopilot while filming from inside his car with a handheld camera."

The reason why Autopilot is not ready for Primetime, stupid stories like this. The Autopilot did nothing wrong here though I am sure Tesla is working on an algorithm for hydroplaning. You can't engineer for stupidity. How much you want to bet this fool tries to sue Tesla.

https://electrek.co/2019/12/30/tesla-drivers-crash-hands-wheel-autopilot/

"A Tesla Model 3 driver filmed himself crashing on Autopilot and it serves as a good reminder that Tesla drivers need to keep their hands on the wheel on Autopilot at all times.

When using Autopilot, Tesla recommends that drivers always keep their hands on the wheel and stay attentive at all times.

A Model 3 driver going by Dougal Vlogs on YouTube was driving on Autopilot while filming from inside his car with a handheld camera."

Same guy.