Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We’re at 518, which is 40 points up for the day. That’s a 8,4% rise. Three months ago we would have needed a 17% rise for that same gain. That’s the compounding effect in action right there.

Also note how this process works against short positions: if someone shorted 1,000 TSLA shares at $225 then a 5% industry-wide rally would have generated a loss of $11,250. At $500 the same 5% rally across a particular market segment generates a loss of $22,500.

The later an institutional short like Jim Chanos is covering, the higher the losses from a compounding bull market.

This is why lowlives like Chanos are using short-and-distort campaigns: go short, damage the reputation of a company, cover. If it's fast enough a bull market (and truth) doesn't have time to catch up.

I'm wondering at what price level Chanos is going to capitulate...

Last edited:

A spokesperson for the ministry confirmed to Calcalist that since autonomous driving has not been approved in Israel, the ministry asked the company to make sure its customers are aware of the limitation.

Seems like Tesla is waiting approval and has to tell their customers not to use AP until further notice.

Also note how this process works against short positions: if someone shorted 1,000 TSLA shares at $225 then a 5% industry-wide rally would have generated a loss of $1,125. At $500 the same 5% rally across a particular market segment generates a loss of $2,250.

The later an institutional short like Jim Chanos is covering, the higher the losses from a compounding bull market.

This is why lowlives like Chanos are using short-and-distort campaigns: go short, damage the reputation of a company, cover. If it's fast enough a bull market (and truth) doesn't have time to catch up.

I do wonder how many of the run of the mill shorts (not the guy's like Sméagol) are actually short on the stock or just like to be part of a nasty/troll community.

Seems like it's actually a reiteration of the existing policy rather than anything new.
True, but with special and particular attention paid to Tesla. Tesla was instructed to inform buyers that FSD wasn't approved. Well, heck, it ain't approved anywhere yet. It does seem intended to blunt buyer enthusiasm of Tesla vehicles, but it also doesn't seem to be that important or significant.

A spokesperson for the ministry confirmed to Calcalist that since autonomous driving has not been approved in Israel, the ministry asked the company to make sure its customers are aware of the limitation.

Seems like Tesla is waiting approval and has to tell their customers not to use AP until further notice.
Thing is, autopilot is not autonomous. It is supervised driving. Which may not be allowed in Israel, but then Tesla would have to disable it in that market. The whole "instruct customers" seems a bit odd.

I'm very excited about the new price $TSLA is going. It definitely is a good affirmation that Tesla is going the right way.

However, I'm not hitting that "sell"-button anytime soon. I suck at trading, so for me it's just accumulating and holding shares. I'm here for at least another couple of years.

My price-target to sell is around Catherine Wood predicted levels (3000$ to 4000$ :cool::D) Maybe I'll finally hit that sell button in 2024 - 2025

Also note how this process works against short positions: if someone shorted 1,000 TSLA shares at $225 then a 5% industry-wide rally would have generated a loss of $1,125. At $500 the same 5% rally across a particular market segment generates a loss of $2,250.

I hate to fact check the fact checker, but I believe your loss numbers are off by a factor of 10. :)

Great sense of shortenfreude realising that every "analyst" who tried to keep the share price down will now end up boosting it massively as they fall like skittles one-by-one and are forced to upgrade! :D

This I find totally baffling - aren't they supposed to skate to where the puck is going, not where it was? Any idiot can update a price target after the event...

I don't want to quote the whole article (which is quite short), but it is quite ambiguous about the "autonomous" part -- it isn't clear if they really mean autopilot or FSD.

The ministry has notified the electric car company it must tell customers in Israel that they are not allowed to use the cars’ autonomous capabilities.
The thing is, Tesla has already implemented differential capability between markets. If they are not allowed to use "autonomous capabilities" then I would expect Tesla to do what it does everywhere: comply with local regulators.

The second paragraph is just trolling. The end of the article just states that autonomous driving has not received regulatory approval in Israel and that Tesla has been asked to make customers aware of this.

All I can figure is that they want a disclaimer for Israelis on the purchase page that "FSD is not approved in Israel" but this is redundant with the existing disclaimer.

Which is why the point about MobileEye seems plausible. I'm not saying its right, just plausible. Most likely just bureaucratic silliness.

Reactions: Thumper and Lessmog
You're saying it won't go below $500? I'm calling it -- it will surely happen.. and don't get me wrong, I'm not a short.
is that after a split?
& if anyone knows...when/why does a company split? I'd think at this level would be a decent time to get more folks into shares for a lower adjusted price.
..hoping for some friends (outa spare $ myself :D )

... @Silentkeravelt 'shortenfreude' lol! beautiful

I hope so. I own some shares already and recently decided to put a much larger amount into TSLA, but haven't starting buying more yet. I have been waiting on the usual lower Q1 auto sales numbers to drop the price somewhat.

My strategy so far has been to buy at <$300. Small amounts in my unqualified account that I buy/sell for short term gains, and much larger amounts in my qualified account where I have most of it under $200.

I told my wife to buy TSLA in the low $200s, but she was too nervous because EM was asking like an ass on Twitter back then. Now, since she never bought any, I can't really share my joy at the current run-up, that would just get her (more) upset.