Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I left an "easy" $9k on the table there... But in my defence I was spooked by the Iran/US macro BS, not Tesla. And in any case, at least I got 36x investment and was smart enough to only sell 50% :D

I take it as a learning opportunity.
That was my lesson when I sold 20% off just before Q3 deliveries but bought that back and then some afterwards.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Found this on twitter, Market cap of auto companies.
EOKVJ7AWAAIdR5Y

At $93.5b right now... Look out VW :D

This plot reminds me of those plots of the production numbers for various EV models in early 2018...

I left an "easy" $9k on the table there... But in my defence I was spooked by the Iran/US macro BS, not Tesla. And in any case, at least I got 36x investment and was smart enough to only sell 50% :D

I take it as a learning opportunity.
You spooked me there, because you said you know how to turn $100 call into $100k.

I only have 1 and could not split it in half, so I let it ride. :)

• Funny
Reactions: Tslynk67
Sonny: I'm long on Tesla without prayers, ever, but as an old fart much more preoccupied by the diurnal. You may live to agree. Everything in perspective my son, everything in perspective, especially on days like these.
You're always focused on your peeing. Oh wait I thought you said urinal. Never mind.

• Funny
Reactions: Tslynk67
Okay, well, everyone who has interest in an Iceland meetup PM me, along with your preferences as to when :) Geez, I was thinking that by the time we hit $500 I'd already have my Tesla and could pick you guys up at the airport in it. But no cars here yet, thanks to all of this infernal #DemandProblem.... ;)

We'll do northern lights watching if the weather and magnetosphere cooperates, and head out to see the countryside (assuming a sufficient vehicle supply for everyone materializes) :) I could show you my (frozen-over) land where I've been planting trees, too.

I've been to Reykjavik once a few years ago, and it's a fun place with or without lights! I'm in like Flynn.

Reactions: riverFox
I bought everything I could when it was low, but by $190 I was tapped out. Not that I have enough shares to retire even if it goes up to $6k, but its (a lot) better than nothing.

But as I may be a bit heavy in $TSLA I put the new year money into diversification. The upside is that should the unthinkable happen and $TSLA drop significantly again I will have resources to buy more. But for now I'm down to ~88% $TSLA. Though with the growth the percentage keeps climbing :cool:

I doubled down (460 more shares) at $212 last June. Seemed obvious from following this forum. My wife asked why I didn't buy more. I still don't have a good answer.

With respect to TSLA, I balance my portfolio based on cost basis, not current value. That way I don't feel any need to sell :D

I know I am small apples to most/all of you here, but I'm very happy with the SP movement! Looks like my stretch goal of TSLA saving for my Tesla is going to be exceeded! Upper 515-ish, and still before Q4 report and earning. :p
I would think long and hard before using my capital gains to buy a Tesla....

Not advice