Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So when the Bolt was launched in Europe as the Opel Ampera years ago it got very popular in Norway. This was long before the Model 3 so it's competition was Leaf, BMW i3, Hyundai Ionic and others. And all had long waiting lists. A year was not unusual.

Only problem was the Ampera soon got a long waiting list too. And people started buying used Amperas for more than they were originally sold for. Quite the EV boom!

Then recently Bergheim Auto finally managed to import the Opel Ampera's US cousin - the Bolt. Only two problems. They had to be rebuilt to Euro standard charging. And the competition had gotten better cars. Especially the Tesla Model 3.

Since the Bolt was priced as if we were in the EV boom they priced themselves out of the market.

The price got lowered from 419.900 NOK to 349.900 and further down to 299.000 - then they finally left the lot. But Bergheim Auto lost 60.000 NOK on each car. Or NOK 3,500,000 in total. Whic is about $410,000.

And today they are bankrupt.

After selling large US suits and pickups for a number of years, it is now ending for car dealer Bergheim Auto. On February 3, Bergheim Auto Sales Oslo filed for bankruptcy, the bankruptcy petition shows to the Brønnøysund Register.

For more than 40 years, Gunulf Bergheim, among others through Bergheim Auto Salg as, has sold large American cars on the Norwegian market, with good profits. After the turnover and departments have shrunk in recent years, it is now at an end.​

Selling huge american gaz guzzlers in Norway used to be a good business model. But when they tried to cash in on the popularity of EV Opel Ampera by importing it's US cousin Chevrolet Volt they did not see the Model 3 coming.

Source: Slutt for bilforhandler

Why am I seeing $719 as the day's high, $713 on my Yahoo graph, and 702 for the share price? Did we have some kind of massive swing there?

Intra-day high of 734 at 10 AM (so far):

upload_2020-2-3_10-22-32.png

So I've gathered enough information on Stanphyl Capital now to be able to pretty accurately estimate its net AUM.

My best case guess is $4.5 million.
The call he wrote for $17 on 690 strike comes out to 150 call options.
His fund would've lost half of its value (~2.25mil) if he kept it till today.
He is net short $225 000 worth of TSLA stock or around 350 shares as of Last Friday.
He probably lost another $26500 as of this post.

Now can we just stop mentioning him as even our smaller players on this forum has more stake in TSLA than him?

I personally would prefer the gain to be in more gradual paces. At recent levels, it's not good for anyone. Not for me at least :)
- As someone said, we cannot get work done because we are glued to the screen and keep pressing refresh
- Any day TSLA gains *only* 4-5 points is a boring day, thus making my day more chance to be in the getting bored mode
- Every time it jumps 30-60 points in one day, it makes us have short breaths and abnormal heartbeats, and worry more to plan on "exit" strategy, as we do not want to lose the gains we've seen
- Every time it jumps 30-60 points in one day, it makes lose focus on our day job, and plan for early retirement instead

With all the above, I am still deeply fond of what I've seen in the last 3 months :)

I personally would prefer the gain to be in more gradual paces. At recent levels, it's not good for anyone. Not for me at least :)
- As someone said, we cannot get work done because we are glued to the screen and keep pressing refresh
- Any day TSLA gains *only* 4-5 points is a boring day, thus making my day more chance to be in the getting bored mode
- Every time it jumps 30-60 points in one day, it makes us have short breaths and abnormal heartbeats, and worry more to plan on "exit" strategy, as we do not want to lose the gains we've seen
- Every time it jumps 30-60 points in one day, it makes lose focus on our day job, and plan for early retirement instead

With all the above, I am still deeply fond of what I've seen in the last 3 months :)

No worries. If this continues you won't need to work.

Need advice quickly.
I throw myself at the mercy of the forum as I bought my first option on 1/16/20.
I considered it tuition and at $2.20 for a 2/21, $750, a price I was willing to pay/lose.
I fully expected it to be worthless but would give me an opportunity to see/experience the inner working of leverage, time decay and value.

But I find myself in an embarrassing position as it seems I've hit on the prettiest girl at the party and she said yes but I have no idea what to do with her. My goal is to accumulate more shares and at the current pricing, I just couldn't afford the stock anymore but didn't want to miss out on potential gains. I really don't know what the potential of this option is assuming it does hit $750. It's grown 1,000% in the 2+ weeks and I'm willing to let it ride to see what happens.
I have more than 100 shares so would I just swap out the $750+(hopefully) with $750's on 2/20 if the stars align and buy what I can with the leftovers? Or do I cash out now and pick up a handful (about 4 shares)? I don't expect it to be much over $750 by 2/21 if at all but willing to risk the gains to avoid a head slap later.
TIA