Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I run two companies in very competitive markets. i am trying to imagine what I would feel like if I was CEO of a legacy car makers right now sitting there seeing GF1,2,3 done, 4 underway and now plans for 5 and maybe 6 coming into fruition. It's like watching an avalanche coming down the mountain at you and there is literally nothing you can do. Not to mention battery tech and FSD computer.

I think a lot of legacy auto CEO's are dusting off their resumes so they can bail soon so someone else can take the blame when it all comes crashing down around them.

I run two companies in very competitive markets. i am trying to imagine what I would feel like if I was CEO of a legacy car makers right now sitting there seeing GF1,2,3 done, 4 underway and now plans for 5 and maybe 6 coming into fruition. It's like watching an avalanche coming down the mountain at you and there is literally nothing you can do. Not to mention battery tech and FSD computer.

I think a lot of legacy auto CEO's are dusting off their resumes so they can bail soon so someone else can take the blame when it all comes crashing down around them.

I'm sure they sleep well at night. Even in total bankruptcy, they will still be filthy stinking rich, and are obscure enough that nobody will really care.

Probably just packing the golden parachutes. Who would hire them?

I think this is potentially interesting news for NanoOne, a $75m listed Canadian cathode powder startup.
Their new cathode powder production process can allow formation of single crystal cathode - one of the key properties of the 1 million mile battery and much of Tesla/Dahn's research papers.
NNO are closest to market with a LFP chemistry so until now I hadn't seen it as the best fit for Tesla. But now their tech seems a potentially interesting fit.

Thanks for the heads up. A word of warning to the high rollers here. Their average daily volume is about $150,000 so buyers from this forum alone could cause the stock price to shoot upwards!

Normally I'd be flipping my trading shares, but I think Piper's comment rings true. This doesn't feel like an artificial gain and there aren't any negative catalysts on the horizon. I'm starting to think that even if Q1 numbers suck the market will give Tesla a pass for the most part. I'd rather lose a hundred bucks a share on the downside than miss out on another huge jump after battery day etc.

They burn a gasoline-ethanol blend, usually in the E20-E25 ballpark, but varying over time. I think it's E27 right now. You can also get pure ethanol.
Yes,
A quick Google read seems to say that there is a pure 'gasoline' cost, an ethanol cost that is set at 2/3 of 'gasoline, and a mixture of 'gasoline' and ethanol called gasohol with a weighted average cost.

When you say "gasoline costs ...", are you talking about pure 'gasoline' or the gasohol mixture ?

I get the impression that who might consider a Tesla are buying gasohol today although I don't have any insight into whether that can change to 100% ethanol now or in the near future.

This might be quite wrong. Corrections appreciated

Pattern recognition is often lacking in people. They just can’t seem to let go of what they know and think from an analogy standpoint. It’s always the same until it isn’t and then they’re all WTH?!

I have my own business that manages projects in over 60 countries around the world. Whenever we have a project that includes China, I am very happy, in Latin American, I start to sweat. It's one of the hardest regions in the world to do business in. Look at economic growth in China vs. Latin America over the past 20 years...

Saying that, I really appreciate Karen's informative post and I will gladly be wrong, but at the end of the day this is a discussion forum where we share opinions so that we can learn something, and have a good time doing so

Fidelity is down, right? (Or else I'm bankwupt).
Don’t rely on fidelity. I am in process of changing to three other brokers from them. 2 of 3 done. Required 12 phone calls to fidelity for them to transfer assets. I have already made 3 phone calls to get them to transfer the third one but still not done (1week into it) BTW got 25,000 from each broker I transferred to. Don’t be afraid to ask. If some one got more, I don’t want to hear it. I didn’t switch for the money found fidelity lax on security. I don’t sign in much but was able to once without 2 step verification (a software update glitch). I wonder how long it was like that. The questions they pose to obtain lost passcode are crazy almost any family member could answer. Decided I needed to diversify brokerages. Don’t ask which ones I went to.