Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More local info about the E-tron production stop (for a couple of days):Audi Brussels ligt voor meerdere dagen plat
This time it doesn’t seem like a battery shortage (as assumed by others here) but other parts shortage.
I find it interesting that, despite it appearing to be other parts of the supply chain being affected by China/Corona virus, Audi denies that as the cause. Would that be to avoid association of the corona virus with the brand? Or is there a more likely reason.

No, because the chemistry in powerpack cells is already different than the ones in cars, so using these in powerpacks doesn't help them build more cars. Not to mention shipping Chinese cells/modules to Nevada and Nevada sells to China, incurring tariffs in both directions. Just trust Tesla; they wouldn't be doing it if it didn't make at least short term sense, and they can pivot on a dime compared to the rest of the industry.

Need to pushback on this.
  • We know that GF1 can quickly switch between NCA and NMC.
  • We also know that Chinese model 3s are probably transitioning to NMC from NCA.
  • We know that LFP is cheaper per KwH than NMC or NCA.
  • We also know that stationary batteries do not demand high specific energy. (There is no shortage of land in the Australian outback)
  • Also shipping from China to Australia is way cheaper than shipping from Nevada
The only reasonable conclusion I can come to is LFP is for stationary batteries. NCA / NMC is for Chinese model 3s. Please make your case why anyone would think LFP is for Chinese model 3s.

Random question:

I read in this forum that setting a high limit sell price blocks the broker from lending our shares to shorties. Is this a SEC rule? Does this really work?

If the new TSLA investors and institutions are thinking long term we can technically make it very difficult for shorties to borrow shares.

Random question:

I read in this forum that setting a high limit sell price blocks the broker from lending our shares to shorties. Is this a SEC rule? Does this really work?

If the new TSLA investors and institutions are thinking long term we can technically make it very difficult for shorties to borrow shares.
We need shorts. They are part of the gainz ecosystem. I used to hate them, but now I understand why they exist. My LEAPs are 200-500 baggers yo

Need to pushback on this.
  • We know that GF1 can quickly switch between NCA and NMC.
  • We also know that Chinese model 3s are probably transitioning to NMC from NCA.
  • We know that LFP is cheaper per KwH than NMC or NCA.
  • We also know that stationary batteries do not demand high specific energy. (There is no shortage of land in the Australian outback)
  • Also shipping from China to Australia is way cheaper than shipping from Nevada
The only reasonable conclusion I can come to is LFP is for stationary batteries. NCA / NMC is for Chinese model 3s. Please make your case why anyone would think LFP is for Chinese model 3s.

A Model 3 SR pack needs less kWh than an LR. The pack dimensions are sized for the LR. Therefore, a lower energy density chemistry could be used in the existing pack form factor and provide an SR level of energy. This would be cheaper than using a pack partially filled with NCA or NMC cells (per bullet 3).

In all seriousness, I propose a FAQ frequently asked questions.
This forum consists of stockholders, accountants, CPAs certified public accountants, etc et cetera and there are a lot of acronyms to follow and understand. We should also describe the rules for OT off topic stuff after hours and which subjects are unpalatable/verboten to the moderators. Trial by fire is not a good thing and that is what we have now.
Fixed That For You
Ditto

• Funny
Reactions: SpaceCash
Random question:

I don't know if it is true or not. Certainly some here set stock in it (heheheh). @ihors3 has repeatedly rejected it on twitter (he gets asked frequently).

I'd say check with your broker if it is a concern for you.

Random question:

It's not a rule, but the unwritten risk aversion policy of some brokerages. An agent for my brokerage responded affirmatively when I asked by phone. Indeed, if you are a shareholder, it's a good idea. It's what I do.

TLDR:

1. Giga4 tree cutting is done except for two with hibernating bats.

2. Leader of green party leader resigned due to making Germany angry for suing Tesla without members approval.

Gelände in Grünheide: Bremst dieser Fledermaus-Baum Tesla aus?

Drone footage of 30 harvesters cutting down trees. Looks like the Germans are trying to 1 up the Chinese to the best of their abilities.

Nobody from the Green Party resigned, you completely confused this. The Green Party is part of the state government that is pushing Giga Berlin forward. The resignation comes from the leaders of Grüne Liga, a small controversial environmentalist group. They filed the complaint to stop the tree cutting without consulting their members. (The large German environmental organisations like BUND are explicitely not against GF4.)

A Model 3 SR pack needs less kWh than an LR. The pack dimensions are sized for the LR. Therefore, a lower energy density chemistry could be used in the existing pack form factor and provide an SR level of energy. This would be cheaper than using a pack partially filled with NCA or NMC cells (per bullet 3).
I hear you. But what reasonable justification is there to put NMC in stationary batteries and LFP in cars? Especially if a lot of the stationary battery demand is in Australia.

I for one will wait till this extreme problem has been rectified.

Hence my shirt:

MarsShirt.jpg

No and no.

There is currently no lack of shares to be shorted. My broker isn't interested in my TSLA shares even though I have signed up for their Fully Paid Lending program, however they are borrowing some other stocks.)

Nobody from the Green Party resigned, you completely confused this. The Green Party is part of the state government that is pushing Giga Berlin forward. The resignation comes from the leaders of Grüne Liga, a small controversial environmentalist group. They filed the complaint to stop the tree cutting without consulting their members. (The large German environmental organisations like BUND are explicitely not against GF4.)

Mods care to edit that into my post then?
Mod: done. --ggr

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: immunogold