Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Assuming FSD was monthly then $7000 spread over 5 years would be $117 a month.

Not bad, not great. I could go for it on one car but not all 3.

But it’s not going to be 7k. It’s 7k today. Elon already said the price is going up again in June? July?

At what price does it become more than the average person will pay upfront? I think we’re already pretty close to that price now.

I wonder if once Tesla Network comes online if Tesla will even offer none network owners the chance to buy it for private use? Or even if it’ll be ‘affordable’ to buy for private use. In which a subscription works.

I’m excited to see where it goes and even more delighted I preordered it on my CYBRTRCK.

What is wrong with a 24/7 work force? China has a lot of people, like 4-5x more than other countries. You have something against overnight shifts in countries with too many people and not enough jobs?

I'm saying that the person of the original post is upset that Germany would'nt behave as China in getting the same results, that implies having no care for citiziens, the environment and worker's right .

Germany is not China, the comparison was totally inappropriate, never mind to be upset for this.

And yes, most EU countries recognize the right of of a 6 days working weeks and most employers cannot stay open 7 days a week, unless in particular structures as commercial centers. And also for centers there's a fight for sunday closing. You know, we have different philosophies in some few fields relative to US, as public healthcare, but i'm not discussing it. I'm talking about China.

You think Texas is gonna throw less bullshit at Tesla than Germany? Is it even legal to buy a Tesla in Texas?
Small Business & Entrepreneurship Council

In terms of their policy environments, the most entrepreneur-friendly states under the “Small Business Policy Index 2019” are: 1) Texas, 2) Nevada, 3) Florida, 4) South Dakota, 5) Wyoming, 6) Indiana, 7) Utah, 8) Alabama, 9) Arizona, 10) Washington, 11) Tennessee, 12) Colorado, 13) Ohio, 14) Michigan, and 15) North Carolina.

In contrast, the most unfriendly policy environments are: 50) New Jersey, 49) California, 48) Hawaii, 47) New York, 46) Minnesota, 45) Vermont, 44) Connecticut, 43) Oregon, 42) Iowa, 41) Maine, and 40) Maryland.

There's another factor now.

In theory states would be even more desperate to throw incentives after companies. But media and the public would absolutely tear into any company that now accepts, or even appears to be looking for, huge incentives.

So either Tesla would now have to build without monetary incentives or they would have to wait which is probably not possible if they want to get the cybertruck into production in 2021. Now would however be an excellent time to force Texas to give up their dealership laws. It's not like the dealerships are gonna have much money to continue throwing after the politicians.

Texas giving 1 billion in tax incentives to secure a Tesla factory would be a big help to Tesla's profits going forward. Texas giving up their arcane dealership laws? Only a small benefit. And something that is pretty much guaranteed to happen anyway (within 1-5 years).

As far as negative public sentiment over tax incentives to secure a factory? Really? We use huge amounts of public money to build huge sports arenas all over the country, benefitting the private billionaire owners of major league franchises and those with good jobs who can afford the sky-high ticket prices, and you think it looks bad to do the same for a company that brings high-paying, living-wage jobs to a region?

That said, I do think there need to be Federal laws against this sort of thing because it pits cities against cities to secure a factory that has to be located somewhere. But as long as it's legal and the normal way to do business, I wouldn't worry about negative fallout due to public perception.

Last edited:
But it’s not going to be 7k. It’s 7k today. Elon already said the price is going up again in June? July?

At what price does it become more than the average person will pay upfront? I think we’re already pretty close to that price now.

I wonder if once Tesla Network comes online if Tesla will even offer none network owners the chance to buy it for private use? Or even if it’ll be ‘affordable’ to buy for private use. In which a subscription works.

I’m excited to see where it goes and even more delighted I preordered it on my CYBRTRCK.
The FSD price may be the best indicator of how close Tesla really thinks they are to functional robotaxis.

Probably because the board thinks like Japanese. Given that there's absolutely no space for garages in Japan and living space is limited, they most likely find charging cars being an impossible task for wide spread adoption. Space is so limited that they massively utilize capsule hotels.

I disagreed because EVSE (charging) can fit within the confines of existing parking spaces. A car doesn't need to be indoors to be successfully charged. EV's will eventually free up all the land wasted by gasoline refueling stations (which need enough land for a tanker-truck to navigate the premises). EV's are ideal solutions for dense cities, a natural fit. Toyota's reluctance to enter the space is all about protecting its existing franchise until it's too worthless to bother protecting.

The same reason Kodak didn't embrace digital cameras (even though they invented them). Do I need to ask where Kodak is now?

Texas giving 1 billion in tax incentives to secure a Tesla factory would be a big help to Tesla's profits going forward. Texas giving up their arcane dealership laws? Only a small benefit. And something that is pretty much guaranteed to happen anyway (within 1-5 years).
100% agree. The Texas dealership thing is moot with on-line ordering. And now that we know what to look for, the dealerships won’t try to sneak another anti-servicing clause into legislation.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
So what were some people saying about yesterday’s AH price action?

It has to come down or another market maker will hold 4% of Tesla from delta hedging rofl.

Who buys 4% of a hundred billion dollar company and has “no comment” haha haha.

Should edit Citadel, LLC’s Wikipedia and rename it our (bad word that starts with B).

Spoiler alert, somebody who HAD to, and Snape killed Dumbeldore.

It’s vapor dollars tho. A discount.

Trajectory has been set.

They’re lucky retail isn’t piling on they’d be hosed again.

Last edited:
Wait, are you saying you don't have your full complement of Tesla shares (and have been gritting your teeth for some time now)? ;)

I have 2/3 rds of the cash back into TSLA. This is a lot of money...

The other 1/3 is waiting... Exactly because of COVID issues, you are correct!

There is no illusion or hypocrisy here. It's all an open book. I take COVID issues seriously until there is a clear improvement.

That people think everything is just gonna open up in a week in California is laughable (hopefully Fremont will open) and to get mad at California if it doesn't is a joke. If you pay attention to COVID trends, this would not be surprising.

Elon liking a tweet intimating NY Covid deaths are fake because Japan has much less is... pathetic.

Elon liking a tweet intimating NY Covid deaths are fake because Japan has much less is... pathetic.

Waiting for zero deaths or similar to China numbers is pathetic as well. Alameda and the Bay Area have enjoyed consistent and low cases for the last 2-3 weeks. What are we waiting for exactly before we start easing? Especially when Tesla has experience with factory reopening in this exact situation.

As far as negative public sentiment over tax incentives to secure a factory? Really? We use huge amounts of public money to build huge sports arenas all over the country, benefitting the private billionaire owners of major league franchises and those with good jobs who can afford the sky-high ticket prices, and you think it looks bad to do the same for a company that brings high-paying, living-wage jobs to a region?

That said, I do think there need to be Federal laws against this sort of thing because it pits cities against cities to secure a factory that has to be located somewhere. But as long as it's legal and the normal way to do business, I wouldn't worry about negative fallout due to public perception.

You don't believe the last two months have changed (not permanently but for the moment) folks perception of stuff like this? I know it's been like this forever. But I think it will viewed very differently right now. The 'large' corporations that took the federal loans that should have gone to the small businesses got a lot of bad press and in many cases were pressured to give them back. And this was much smaller loans by much smaller companies.

I remember last year media seemed to be mentioning several cases of incentives being sought or given each month. Don't think I've seen either one since the pandemic started so I think both companies and states are aware of how it would look now. Doesn't mean that politicians won't do what they can get away with stealing jobs from other states.

Headlines in media in the next couple of months about Tesla billionaire owner getting 2 billion in tax money from Texas (or anywhere else) would be really bad for Tesla. And that is how it would be presented in media.

We have similar situation, but on a lesser scale I think, going on in the EU where countries are underbidding each other with taxes. I totally agree with your last paragraph about this should be outlawed. Not only on a national but on an international level.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: SpaceAggie and UCF3
Probably because the board thinks like Japanese. Given that there's absolutely no space for garages in Japan and living space is limited, they most likely find charging cars being an impossible task for wide spread adoption. Space is so limited that they massively utilize capsule hotels.

For those who have parking, there's space to put a plug regardless of how tiny the home is. And, the conveyor belt type storage units could easily have an electrical plug installed into the car slot, to enable charging the vehicle in those enclosed areas.

Japan is ripe for electric vehicles, but their home companies don't want to cross over, so the 'country' doesn't.

Edit: Look at the below picture. Wouldn't it be easy to have a cord coming out of the floor of the vehicle slot into the car? Something that powers on from the base when it's slotted into place?

Autoturm_von_Innen_g54rcvxfryzqlftgdleglr0vmkpnimcqjdi0ohtnbuz59x4ktd.jpg

Last edited:
That people think everything is just gonna open up in a week in California is laughable (hopefully Fremont will open) and to get mad at California if it doesn't is a joke.

I haven't seen ANYBODY say (or imply) that everything should open in a week. Although I'm sure pockets of that kind of crazy people exist somewhere.

What I've seen people advocate for here is that low-risk economic activities (like manufacturing) start to ramp back up. Because the current status quo is not sustainable for the length of time that would be necessary if we were to wait for COVID-19 risk to completely go away.

It looks like we might have just bottomed for the day at $757. If you don't have your full complement of TSLA shares you had better pray to your COVID-19 deities that Q1 earnings aren't an upside surprise to the market! ;)