Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sold May 1 covered calls today strike 920 for 10.30 per contract. I have the underlying stock, so I risk losing out on an amazing call and massive short covering to 2000. My dream was to buy 900 calls cheap right before closing, but a 10-15% move seems to be built into the earnings call.
The FOMO is real!

I couldn't stand the FOMO, so I bought calls at 1200. If it hits 1100 and I sell some shares at 900, I will be ok with that, but if there is a short squeeze in the morning over 1200, I would be disappointed to lose out.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I couldn't stand the FOMO, so I bought calls at 1200. If it hits 1100 and I sell some shares at 900, I will be ok with that, but if there is a short squeeze in the morning over 1200, I would be disappointed to lose out.

Good luck with that. I'm bullish but a 400 point move tomorrow seems pretty unlikely.

OTOH, I did see an oil fund I once invested in go up 600% a couple days ago, so you never know.

I doubt your $15B number
First, what is the $30k AP? The AP was $3k to purchase back in 2017 and now is included.
Even FSD is only $7k now

second, Tesla just produced 1 M cars and many of the already have AP. How do you have .5 M cars to install AP?

I don't know what AP take rate is, I saw numbers 30-40%. Say AP is reality a year from now, that means there's roughly between .5 and 1M cars that don't have it but are eligible and have hardware.
On the price of AP, look up the calculations on how much is it going to be worth as a hail service enabler, with discounted cash flows calculation resulting in lump sum. I haven't gotten much into it but I thought $30K would be a pretty conservative estimate of value if we go by lump sum value. Of course in reality it is most likely going to be a subscription with monthly payments for most customers, but it is much easier to comprehend the numbers expressed in lump sum.

I noticed that most of the people who react like Jeffro are people who still have a job with full salary and can work from home.
His attitude of aggressive public shaming to anyone who dares mention re-opening is just as bad as the extreme right wing folks in my opinion.

There is a middle ground.

PS - I'm about as left wing as it gets but I can't stand this whole public shaming campaign going on.
I think it's because so many people still just don't give hoot about the virus or others. But yes there needs to be a middle ground. We are finding all sorts of issues wrong with our infrastructure right now. If they can't figure out a treatment / vaccine, we can't simply go back to the way it was before, but we need to find a new way to live in the meantime, and we can't just stay completely shut down either.

I wonder what Tesla is going to do today. Gas prices are so cheap (except for here) that it's making less financial sense to buy a BEV. But of course there are other reasons to still buy them.

Reactions: Khamul