Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve always been one to hold and just buy dips. But this is enough. I just sold at $723. Something is really off here. I hope to buy back in the future though....

sold a little over 3/4 of my shares. Covid-19 was stressful enough as it is.

Never sold a share since I started accumulating.... Until now

Well, I'm out for now. If things calm down, maybe I'll get back in. But as of right now, I'm not going to be part of this.

Dumped my trading shares at a loss (which cancelled out my trading gains from the week). Seriously considering cutting into core shares somewhat. I thought calling quarantines "fascism" was stupid, but this is next level. I don't see how he stays as CEO after this.

Cut off a big chunk of my core shares to reduce my Elon risk. I was a little skeptical of the broader economy and Tesla's Q2 and onward but this is enough to move me. I can take an eccentric CEO, I can take market ups and downs with stride. I absolutely have less faith in Elon than I did 2 days ago.

Those of us who aren't billionaires and who are invested in Tesla DO care about money though. He just cost me nearly 100k.

as a former shareholder I just wanted to say, y'all got too greedy, sry.

first time touching my core shares since 2014.

dumped quarter of my shares yesterday and another quarter today, under 700. should have done more, just keep the holding under a "healthy" percentage of my money. The future is not that clear anymore.

plan to keep quarter of my share intact. Tesla is bigger than Elon himself. They are brilliant people working towards a noble goal, with superb products that have no peer.
All of you weak longs can hit the road

Okay guys I have no problem him tweeting whatever. The risk here is again breaking sec rules which he has been good about until now. Everytime that happens, the risk of him being removed is on the table. This is my only concern. I don't really care about anything else but Musk must remain CEO. So for adding this risk at a time like this pisses me off. With that being said I sold 39 shares out of 839 to buy some Fiverr lol.

Elon Musk is brilliant. He consistently produces and drives world-changing technologies. He is not normal, typical, nor average. Warts...you betcha! I wouldn’t trade him for anyone.

Here's to the crazy ones.
The misfits.
The rebels.
The troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things differently.

They're not fond of rules.
And they have no respect for the status quo.

You can quote them, disagree with them,
glorify or vilify them.
About the only thing you can't do is ignore them.

Because they change things.

They push the human race forward.

While some may see them as the crazy ones,
we see genius.

Because the people who are crazy enough to think
they can change the world, are the ones who do.

Just answer one question : What is the point of what he is doing?

simplest explanation is the one that has always been true. he was wrong about the severity of C19, has been unable to accept that he was wrong and has begun to believe an unhinged conspiracy theory that the C19 death count is over counted on purpose for Govt fascism (see both his tweets and the tweets he's been replying to).

People can fall down the conspiracy hole really quick, it's sad it happened to Elon and even sadder the board didn't step in.

For crying out loud people. RELAX. His emotion filled rant, however unstable, illegal, uncalled for, you think it is has absolutely no effect on the product we've invested in. Still the best damn cars for the money by a long shot. Not everyone looking to buy a car is on Twitter.

That is the reason I’m not selling. The company and the product kick ass. I’m just disappointed that I’m falling out of love with Elon.

(Talking nonsexually...er...of course).

sold a little over 3/4 of my shares. Covid-19 was stressful enough as it is.

Never sold a share since I started accumulating.... Until now

So they gotcha, sigh.

4. "Time Is your Friend, Emotion Is your Enemy"

SP up to $715 now; about $6 more than when you sold.

Q. Did you realize the "Uptick Rule" triggered at $703.692 before you sold? You nearly timed the bottom.

This is not easy, but it is logical.

It is time to think of a way to restart the economy, safely. A structured restart.

Economists, Doctors, and Government with Business Leaders need to work together.

Factory workers go back to work. Daily testing and other precautions. Someone should figure it out at each company and make a proposal. Proposals that work, get permits to reopen, monitor daily.

Office workers, engineers, lawyers, get partial access to the office, WFH most days.

• Helpful
Reactions: Krugerrand
Alas, I ran out of my tea yesterday so I can't make a pot and observe the fireworks, my shares still long and strong.

I think Overlord Musk is rage tweeting, and uses twitter as a stress release. I think he's had a few conversations with the politicians in his county, and the suppliers that work with Fremont, and they are not going well.