Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this is what drunk Elon is like. If you have ever been around upset drunk people you actually find out who they are. So Elon’s worst trait is that he thinks the stock is too high and he’s selling everything because his girlfriend is upset with him, and he believes in the American Dream. It’s endearing.

Edit: Also don’t mess up Gene Wilder’s house!

Luckily I bought 10 puts an hr before he did this so I am only down 30K today instead of 50k and can feel this way.

Last edited:
Assumption is that, like with politicians wanting to prematurely open economy and being fine with rising risk of death of your grandparents and people in general due to overwhelmed healthcare, these guys are same. It is easy to sacrifice something that you don't care about. Profits are more important than human life and all of that.

I consider "masks and social distancing can serve as effective measures without the need for extreme shelter-in-place orders" empty platitudes. Some jobs simply cannot be done while observing social distancing rules.

So you started with an assumption and ended with an excuse to throw up your hands. While that helps me understand your point of view, it doesn’t convince me you’re position is well-thought out. And if I don’t think you’ve thought it through, you won’t convince me to change my mind. Now you understand me a bit more.

I know it’s super easy to vilify people who have more money, stuff, or power than ourselves because we all have had experience with that obnoxious rich dude/dudette.

I believe that stereotypes start in truth. However, I also believe that painting everyone of the ‘group’ with the same brush is a fast way to a lot of self-negativity.

Elon Musk does not fit your assumption nor would he settle for your excuse though he definitely runs in the ‘group’ you’ve stereotyped.

I’m happy to call a spade a spade, but at least let’s wait for the individual spade to try and pass itself off as a diamond in the context of this specific issue. Otherwise, you just can’t be taken seriously as a reasonable, common sense, critical thinker.

I certainly cannot help there, in fact I think is kinda crazily pessimistic to suggest they do not grow market share. Exactly who is going to make the other 80% of the EVs that people *prefer* over a tesla?

Yeah, I feel I am being very conservative in the 20%. Which of course makes Tesla even more terrifying as a competitor.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
If you had a bunch of companies, felt responsible for the families that worked there, and had a baby due on Monday...

You might tweet something that might move the needle.

You know what would move the needle? A concrete plan, published by Elon on twitter, DETAILING how he can safely reopen the plant, demanding a public response from the county officials. Instead, we got the star spangled banner, tired political bromides, and blatant stock price manipulation/self-destructive behavior.

first time touching my core shares since 2014.

dumped quarter of my shares yesterday and another quarter today, under 700. should have done more, just keep the holding under a "healthy" percentage of my money. The future is not that clear anymore.

plan to keep quarter of my share intact. Tesla is bigger than Elon himself. They are brilliant people working towards a noble goal, with superb products that have no peer.

then why would you sell 3/4 of shares ... re-read your own post :eek:

Not the first time that Musk has called Tesla overvalued.

All that said, what the hell is going on?

Musk is obviously not giving a rat’s ass about money here. He feels that there is more at stake.

He has gone stir crazy like the rest of us?

This is very hard to quantify because the company itself is once again expanding its lead in all endeavors it is engaged in here, and when any semblance of an economy returns Tesla will explode to ever higher highs in both SP, market cap, market share and brand value.
Well I'm really glad his disdain for wealth (as a billionaire) applies to my finances as well. Very thoughtful of him.

Well I'm really glad his disdain for wealth (as a billionaire) applies to my finances as well. Very thoughtful of him.

No offense, but Musk does not care about your finances, the same way he does not care about his or mine.

If he ever really truly had cared about his finances, you would not know his name right now.

Musk has been very transparent about what he cares about and what he wants to do.

I invested in a company, which includes management. The head manager is not looking too good at the moment.

It seems like a bigger deal than it is. It doesn't change the long term value of the company, and it certainly cements the brand in peoples' minds - all publicity is good publicity. And I bet a lot of people who held calls will be switching to shares after this episode.