Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We opted for the local food bank.
Or help out those a lot less fortunate in the developing countries.
Started giving to Kiva. Will look for more opportunity when I see fit. I believe our @Zaxxon is a sponsor there too ...
upload_2020-7-13_9-11-33.png

I dont get people calling a top here when the biggest stock drivers official profit and official S&P inclusion are still 1+ week out
Both those events are fait accompli. There's no serious investor out there who does know these are 95% happening. Could easily see this being the top.

That's what's so hilarious about this standoff. You'd have to be OUT OF YOUR MIND to sell before inclusion......and meanwhile all the shorts MUST cover.

None of that means this can't be the top. Don't seem likely, but it could be.

TrendTrader, it may be an exciting time for you right now, and am truly happy for your gains. I hope they continue, and you can live a happy and fulfilled life for generations to come. But, I recommend you take a breath and evaluate your worth as a person and how to treat others. I get it, no one likes to be disrespected. I'm with you.

Ultimately, relationships are more valuable than any stock holdings or portfolio. I want to make money only to improve the lives of people that are in my path. So that the tool of money is a blessing and not a curse.

*Warning* You referenced Jesse Livermore earlier as being a help to your success, the father of technical trading as we know it. Financial success is wonderful, but there are many other considerations in living. Re Wikipedia – “At one time, he was one of the richest people in the world" But later he commited suicide. His selfish and narcissistic tendencies also spread to his son and grandson, who also took their own lives.

Or help out those a lot less fortunate in the developing countries.
Started giving to Kiva. Will look for more opportunity when I see fit. I believe our @Zaxxon is a sponsor there too ...
View attachment 564160

Yes, I would love to see an influx of new TMC folks joining our team. It's such an easy thing to do, and your initial $25 contributions can be re-lent again and again. Invitation link and more info are here. Make sure to use the Tesla Enthusiasts link partway down the first page rather than the now-defunct link in the first post, which I can no longer edit.

TrendTrader, it may be an exciting time for you right now, and am truly happy for your gains. I hope they continue, and you can live a happy and fulfilled life for generations to come. But, I recommend you take a breath and evaluate your worth as a person and how to treat others. I get it, no one likes to be disrespected. I'm with you.

Can we please stop with the TT responses? Even without seeing his posts, this thread is well-cluttered by him at this point. Though I do appreciate the sentiment, @computerchuck.

okay fine
i give up - my very last post ever
you guys win
i am leaving TMC fpr good- forever
i just made $5 million in less than an hour
i guarantee i will be richer than all of you combined within 5 years
goodbye!
$tsla

---

Mod: I'll give you a hand with that, I think almost everyone is fed up with the chest-thumping and bullying.

TT007 I hope this reach you. As a fellow long of TSLA, we at least stood on the same side.

There is no joy in wealth without anyone to share it with. You will soon realize this if you act the same way in real life.

There are several ways ppl go down in flames after this stage. Hookers and blow, lifestyle inflation and divorce. I wish you good luck in avoiding these pitfall.

Fun fact: A day like today or last Friday can fund my living without work for one full year, and I don't even own a boatload of TSLA. Think about it .... Really mind boggling

Are you sure? Just replace "Rest of the month" with "Rest of your life". ;)

giphy.gif

Money is only money, it runs out more quickly than you might imagine, and to be truly financially independent you have to own productive assets. For example, like Tesla.

My BS meter is pegged. There was NOTHING in the interview that wasn't right out of the Trevor handbook, with the Theranos appendix.

Henrik has a poor track record, but he has at least built some cars. I'd trust him a lot more with my money than Trevor, which is a pretty poor reflection on Nikola, I think.

Maybe some of the newer members here don't know that, back int he day, Fisker was hired to work on the Model S, which ended up in a law-suit, which he won.

Tesla Motors v. Fisker Coachbuild (2008)[edit]
An arbitrator ruled in favor of Fisker Coachbuild. On 14 April 2008, Tesla Motors filed a lawsuit against Fisker Coachbuild, Fisker and Koehler, contending that they had fraudulently agreed to a design contract in 2007 only to gain access to confidential information, before announcing a competing vehicle, the Fisker Karma. Both the Tesla and Fisker vehicles in question were designed as serial hybrid cars, with a gas engine powering a generator that charges a battery to power the electric motor, and both were initially planned for delivery in 2010. The lawsuit sought to prevent Fisker from using Tesla design documents, along with a return of the money from the Tesla contract, plus punitive damages.[98] Fisker filed for arbitration in May 2008. An arbitrator ruled in their favor in November 2008, finding "overwhelming" evidence showing that Fisker did not do anything wrong.[18][99] Subsequently, Tesla was ordered to pay $1.14 million in legal fees and costs to Fisker.[100]

If you view TSLA on the NASDAQ website, refresh is never needed.

TSLA

Did tag it as informative but regret it. Website is broken. SP doesn’t go up. On a more serious note, the refresh is for a page that shows the amount calculated for my number of shares. Funny thing (made a screenshot), but my broker is so confused that the zero added is after the period (so now we can keep track of the SP in tens of cents).

To the Brit who wanted to know how to trade options in the UK. Ironic to run into a Brit who realizes that after Brexit he doesn’t have any options (too soon?).