Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CNBC - this morning:

I am really interested to see the land development plan that Tesla has in mind for Giga Texas. Elon sounds pumped about it. It sounds like there’s going to be a San Antonio-style River Walk by the Colorado along with bike paths all open to the public. Probably where the Design Center will be, too.

But you can brush it off as 'fertilizing the flowers'

Already tried that the last time without success...

Anyway, cheers, to you all! Has all been rather surreal this week :confused:

upload_2020-7-24_20-3-7.png

Imagine MAGA crowd all going and buying Teslas starting today ;)
View attachment 568406

Probably not that impactful, to be honest. The MAGA base is pretty pathetic in terms of overall population (and its shrinking), probably under 20% of the country (see this CNN article for a breakdown on that). They're much louder than they are numerous, and many of them likely aren't affluent enough to afford a Tesla anyways.

Not a market demographic that's going to be especially profitable. Plus, as the President has shown, doing what it takes to galvanize their support has the unfortunate side-effect of unifying rather a lot of opposition.

Last edited:
I am glad that you find current events in my country amusing - me, not so much. And I am not sure what any of that has to do with energy market regulations.

Others have already quoted lines form the ER call where Elon apparently confirmed this works for Powerwall as well. Great - the call was pretty late and i was half a sleep, probably missed that part. I was only saying it is not as is as just flipping a switch, sending out a SW update and boom, every Powerwall owner is swimming in money like Scrooge McDuck. Just like with FSD they will probably have to go country by country and get regulations adjusted or get a license that covers this case so that this would be legal.

I expect that at first (for both) the progress to get regulatory approval will be slow/appear slow, but I fully expect at some ‘tipping’ point that approvals around the world will accelerate really fast. It’ll be a no brainer, people will demand it and Tesla will be so big and so powerful and will have crushed and be crushing so many old school businesses and way of thinking - like a tsunami. That’s how I see this whole thing playing out. Right now it looks like we’re crawling. In hindsight it’ll look like the quickest, most dramatic planetary change and all the naysayers, and thieves, and cheats, and bandits will be on their deathbeds saying;

‘...and with my finally breathe I will speak the name — Elon.’

By far the biggest downer about this price action is the fact that I won't have funds to buy with until mid Aug. By then I'm pretty sure this will have already recovered and then be approaching or above $2,000 due to S&P inclusion :oops: Oh well.

If by some reason we're in the 1400-1500 range come mid Aug, I will be adding significantly to my position.

I’m sure there’s something you can sell in your closet? Or maybe you’re really hot and good looking and have some talent? Can you mow lawns?

I am really interested to see the land development plan that Tesla has in mind for Giga Texas. Elon sounds pumped about it. It sounds like there’s going to be a San Antonio-style River Walk by the Colorado along with bike paths all open to the public. Probably where the Design Center will be, too.
So tempting to buy property in Austin. Would be a nice retreat from the harsh Canadian winters but I think TSLA is still a better investment.

OMG, stop already with the second shutdown. The only thing that shuts the world down a second time is population levels dropping so much that there aren’t enough people to keep industries up and running. If that happens, money means nothing. How is that not understood?

I hope you are right. But when I expressed concern back in the spring I got the same type of responses. Also china/us relations are super tense which isn't good.

I hope with all of my heart you are right.

I hope you are right. But when I expressed concern back in the spring I got the same type of responses. Also china/us relations are super tense which isn't good.

I hope with all of my heart you are right.
I’m not sure why you are worrying. Do you have short terms calls? Tesla is a safe investment longterm. Even if there is a shutdown or something else happens the stock trajectory is obviously up over the long run.

This thing still getting pinned to 1500? lol

Perhaps next week. For now it appears that $1450 could be the most profitable strike price target for big option writers (mainly hedge funds and market makers). Even though this is merely a weekly options expiration, options interest this week was large due to the earnings report coming out this Wednesday. That resulted in huge implied volatility propelled premiums before the report and a collapse afterward, as should have been expected. Option writers took avantage.

Many of the speculators were likely sidelined sports bettors who became novice option buyers setting up to be fleeced. Now that baseball has resumed, perhaps we won't see much of them anymore. Any manipulative pressure today should be released on Monday.