Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Story time. This morning I helped my school with student electronics pickup. One of the other Dads had been asking me about Tesla so we were chatting. I also have a rattle in my dash that I had scheduled a mobile appointment to have fixed next week. I guess they had time so they wanted to change it to today. So, I had the tech come to the school parking lot. Everyone thought mobile service was amazing. The conversation then turned to Tesla/TSLA, and other stocks. One guy mentioned the FUD about Tesla not being profitable without credits, but as I explained he said he actually saw it as a positive. Having your competition pay you because they couldn't make their own clean cars.

After the tech wrapped up (didn't have the part unfortunately) I used smart summon to have the car come get me. It did a a perfect job at navigating the parking lot and moving around cars in a very smooth manner. Then I gave the other Dad a drive.

Elon, you are welcome for the free advertising. ;)

By using Tesla for years as clickbait they have inadvertently pushed the company into the public's consciousness.

In fact the regulatory credits story is even smarter than just having your competitors give you money, Rob explains it well in this recent video:

All that being said, I'm looking forward to Q3 profits that are higher than the reg credits applied, just to get rid of the FUD.

That sounds suspiciously like; ‘GM, Ford, VW, et al can build an EV to rival a Tesla any time they want.’

:rolleyes:

No, it sounds like Boeing can build a rocket engine. Because they have already demonstrated they can.

But at more cost. That is why they currently buy Russian.

For Government work that is cost-plus, they can simply raise prices.

For commercial it doesn't matter much. I think they have already lost all their business to SpaceX.

Whenever there is a cap raise, don't the MM want the best prices for themselves/clients?
But Tesla is just fast tracking paperwork, and will sell only at a price of it's choosing, and that too in increments as required or at prices of their choosing.

So I don't think this dip is gonna amount to anything next week after Labor day, as Battery Day expectations begin to take affect. cheers!!

Pretty misleading statement he makes there though...

This is not the first time. I think very recently he claimed, prior to the official P&D numbers, that Tesla IR informed him that P&D for Q2 would be much better than expected. Turned out he was using Troy’s estimates and strangely implied that came from Tesla.

He claims he manages billions and owns a bunch of Tesla....

This is not the first time. I think very recently he claimed, prior to the official P&D numbers, that Tesla IR informed him that P&D for Q2 would be much better than expected. Turned out he was using Troy’s estimates and strangely implied that came from Tesla.

He claims he manages billions and owns a bunch of Tesla....
He's definitely no Ron Barron...that's for sure!

Didn't you just post that you are going to sell 300 shares in the coming months to buy a house and 300 more shares next years to make it worthy?

If so, why would you be buying 27 shares now unless you want to gamble it's going to rise in the next few months? Because it sounds like you will be forced to sell the shares shortly regardless of the price?

I don't mind volatility, but only because I never invest money I will need in the next 2-3 years. That is why I don't worry about the kind of price fluctuations we have seen the last couple of days. They don't bother me a bit.

Good question and in fact this buy is a play for the P&D that I was making at the end of Q2, 3 & 4 last year. So I borrow money from my company, buy X shares, then after the P&S sell X-Y shares to recoup the same amount and then give the money back. As the SP invariably rises at this time I was able to get myself around 15 free shares last year, then the SP went too high to make it practical. So back on it.

Of course there's a risk the SP drops and I might lose a handful of shares to recoup. Most probably though I'll just keep these shares anyway and pay the money back as I've 4x 16/10 c1800's, sorry, I meant 20x 16/10 c360's that will provide quite some funds.

As for the timing of selling the core shares. If we decide to buy then we'd be putting an offer probably next week, maybe some horse-trading on the price, then set a meeting with notaries (lawyers...) to sign an "intent to purchase" agreement, which would require a 10% deposit - say $100k sometime around October, probably, then the rest, let's say $900k would be three months later, so January.

Then the rest would be for renovation works, which wouldn't be up-front, I can imagine trickle-selling the shares over the course of a year for that - and I will sell covered calls against what I have left in the interim.

I have 2885 shares now, would love to get to 3000 before I have to sell any, just because, plus the multiples of 100's for call selling (I' still thinking I have 570 and am trying to get to 600...)

And maybe the architect we have looking at the house on Friday tells us it's $1m to renovate and my wife bails-out...?

Maybe he's hoping to find a 'bigger' house in the next few months :)

It's already pretty huge (by Brussels standards), but does need gutting and architectural changes, but if we were to do this then it would be quite a place. It's fairly rare to find nice houses like this in the good areas that have nice character and haven't yet been renovated.

And sure, if we moved out of the city, even 2 kilometres, then we'd get a 7-bedroom mansion with swimming pool, but wifey insists to live in the city. In fact she always wanted to live on this specific street...

upload_2020-9-2_22-28-39.png

It's already pretty huge (by Brussels standards), but does need gutting and architectural changes, but if we were to do this then it would be quite a place. It's fairly rare to find nice houses like this in the good areas that have nice character and haven't yet been renovated.

And sure, if we moved out of the city, even 2 kilometres, then we'd get a 7-bedroom mansion with swimming pool, but wifey insists to live in the city. In fact she always wanted to live on this specific street...

View attachment 583643
That house is likely older than our country o_O
Not meant in bad way btw

View attachment 583643

Before any put any money down, can you please make sure your model X can actually fit between those gates :)

View attachment 583643

Congratulations on your potential new home. Is there a room for a Tesla friendly garage ?