Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the record, the guy said he did summon his car, so the tesla app was already on and he was already logged in,
and then he put the phone in his pocket.
The Tesla app doesn't require credentials to login each time. I don't really care about his mistake. I'm a pragmatist. A simple prompt that would take 10 hours of coding time would have saved Tesla much more in headaches and hassle. People can be dumb, or make mistakes, or give their phone to their kid to watch TV.

Gordon Johnson argues like my mother-in-law. Do 95% of the talking to make sure the other person cannot make a point.
Man, GJ has terrible logic. He thinks that if Tesla doesn't increase market share of EVs only, then that means they aren't gaining share in the auto market. For a while I've believed he knew he was spouting nonsense but I'm actually leaning towards the idea that he just can't reason properly.

BMW and GM are a threat because they can afford to sell EVs at a loss BTW guys. lmao

There may still be some folks whose brokers are finally entering the Tesla dividend shares into clients' accounts. Today might be the first day for them to sell or place stop limits on the new shares. We likely saw some of this yesterday and perhaps more today.

Regarding an S&P 500 inclusion, my guess has always been after the market close on September 18th in conjunction with the quarterly rebalancing. That may make the process smoother for index funds. Usually the announcement of a rebalancing is made a week prior, but last September it was two weeks prior. This year the fact that only US markets will be closed on Monday for Labor Day, would seem to make an announcement tomorrow impractical. Otherwise the European exchanges could experience chaos on Monday. Tuesday may be more likely for an announcement, or perhaps as late as Friday September 11th to allow for a weekend in which index funds can plan their reallocation strategies.

If they did announce it tomorrow, could they also ask the European exchanges to halt trading on Monday while the US markets are closed so that all trading can resume at the same time on Tuesday? I don’t know if there is any precedence for this, but seems like an option to avoid some volatility with the market holiday and smooth it out, and it would still line up with the proforma announcement date on the S&P calendar.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Gordon Johnson argues like my mother-in-law. Do 95% of the talking to make sure the other person cannot make a point.

I honestly do not think the interview is/was a good idea. I haven't watched one second of it so far. Gordon isn't clueless. He's a shill being paid to spread FUD for those that want tesla not succeed. He's going to do everything he can to dominate the conversation, ignore when its called out that he's wrong, and use this as an opportunity to stay in the spotlight.

This whole interview is pointless. I get the intention from Rob but be real about the person and their intentions that you're interviewing

One thing I know what's true about these type of people is that they use the strawmen fallacy 24/7 to make their points.
I'm an amateur psychologist. (My sister has the PhD). GJ's method of arguing is disgusting. If he and Rob got equal time talking GJ would be decapitated. But he's surviving by dominating the air time (because of Rob's politeness) and whenever Rob punctures one of GJ's points, GJ pulls out a switcheroo.

Madness. This is what my monther-in-law did before I stopped talking to her 10+ years ago.

If they did announce it tomorrow, could they also ask the European exchanges to halt trading on Monday while the US markets are closed so that all trading can resume at the same time on Tuesday? I don’t know if there is any precedence for this, but seems like an option to avoid some volatility with the market holiday and smooth it out, and it would still line up with the proforma announcement date on the S&P calendar.
You want the EU exchanges to halt trading on $TSLA so everything can align on Tuesday? ummm......i think it's not gonna happen. ;);)

Reactions: StealthP3D
I'm an amateur psychologist. (My sister has the PhD). GJ's method of arguing is disgusting. If he and Rob got equal time talking GJ would be decapitated. But he's surviving by dominating the air time (because of Rob's politeness) and whenever Rob punctures one of GJ's points, GJ pulls out a switcheroo.

Madness. This is what my monther-in-law did before I stopped talking to her.

Which is exactly why this interview is pointless and only serves to benefit Gordon. Everyone and their mom knows how Gordon is going to debate.

Madness. This is what my monther-in-law did before I stopped talking to her.
Europe...Europe....GM is coming....Ford is coming.....GJ has 0 valid points.

He repeatedly cited the ID.3, a car VW explicitly says they're not bringing to the US, as an example of competition coming to the US... yikes.

Also- "Teslas growth has peaked....also our own forecasts show growth hasn't peaked"

When called on this he defends it by saying "Well sure there'll be growth in the FUTURE- they built another factory!"

Watching a live webinar by modular home company S2A: "Building Modular Renewable Energy Smart Homes."

Pleasantly surprised by the amount of Tesla tech they are implementing in their modular homes (Powerwall, Powerpack, solar, etc.). And, CEO mentioned that they ordered two Tesla Semi's per factory to handle the delivery of the modules. And here is the kicker: he said 2021 delivery!

S2ASemi.PNG

They also have an modular home on offer that includes a Model 3!

Last edited:
Relax, nobody is dying on this hill. Nobody is talking about responsibility either so climb down off that soapbox. It's just common sense. Why not add an incredibly EASY and STANDARD form of security for something like this? Yeah, I can't buy a movie from Amazon or an app from Apple without password confirmation but I'm an asshole for suggesting it's easier for Tesla to add a password check than to deal with refund requests from idiots. Elon himself agreed didn't he?

Instead we have Tesla wasting time dealing with refunds and trying to sort out who did what. It's CYA.

Tesla addresses "butt-dialed" in-app purchases with new refund policy

I didn’t call you any names so I’d appreciate you not making it seem as if I did.

Clearly I disagree with your position on the topic. It’s super easy to lock code a phone screen and/or not purposely sit on a phone knowing full well butt dialing et al can be a thing. Those are the actual common sense procedures here.

You’d think cellphone manufacturers would make you punch in a password before you can proceed with dialing, huh?

Reactions: StealthP3D