Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New 8K, states the $5b shares were sold!

On September 4, 2020, Tesla, Inc. completed the sale of $5.0 billion (before commissions) of its common stock through its “at-the-market” offering program previously disclosed on September 1, 2020. The final settlement of the shares sold is expected to be completed by September 9, 2020.

FUNDING SECURED!

New 8K also on the Tesla IR website:

"On September 4, 2020, Tesla, Inc. completed the sale of $5.0 billion (before commissions) of its common stock through its “at-the-market” offering program previously disclosed on September 1, 2020. The final settlement of the shares sold is expected to be completed by September 9, 2020."​

Lol, no demand issues for TSLA Common stock, wot? I'll be waiting to here how many shares were sold, so we can compute the ASP. That share info should be disclosed no later than the release of the 10-Q for 2020Q3 (around end of Oct).

Cheers! :D

New 8K also on the Tesla IR website:

"On September 4, 2020, Tesla, Inc. completed the sale of $5.0 billion (before commissions) of its common stock through its “at-the-market” offering program previously disclosed on September 1, 2020. The final settlement of the shares sold is expected to be completed by September 9, 2020."​
Now, expand the autopilot team!

Now, expand the autopilot team!
Lol, you've never worked as a Developer, have you? "Let's take all our key people, and piss away their time in meetings and training new guys..." :p

The only thing the FSD team needs is DOJO, and it was already fully funded.

This $5B Cap Raise pays for Giga Texas, IN FULL. Soon, Giga Texas will be producing $5B PER YEAR in gross profits! BRILLIANT OUTCOME!

I have had a feeling all week it was going to be a good morning. I still do. Like a really good one.

Filled 5 billion making balance sheet gargantuan.

I’m guessing market price was @ $420, given how quickly the buying pressure dropped until we dipped under 3 days later. Elon got 420 revenge maybe.

Giant tech sell off during those 3 days. Some of that was getting 5 billion in cash. What % of some? Tiny, enough to tip the scales towards the significant crash? Who knows. Only 5 billion but 5 billion needed ASAP.

Likely those new equity holders would hedge their position, and that may continue to provide pressure for a little bit, providing downward pressure.

Only one shoe left to drop. The reason the majority of that 5 billion was needed ASAP.

bonus tin foil:

whatcha think these were for?

I thought hand in Options cookie jar. What if it’s S&Ps shares also.

Citadel Discloses Huge Stake in Tesla Stock

Tesla, Inc. completed the sale of $5.0 billion (before commissions)
(US$ 5.0 billion) * 0.5% = 25 million US$

WOT?! 10 Big Wall St investment banks get to split $25M that's CHICKEN FEED $2.5M each on average!

YES!!! THAT'S A WHOLE LOT OF BURN!

Yes whole lot of burn.png

It's so much fun to watch them grow!

Cheers!

Last edited:
"On September 4, 2020, Tesla, Inc. completed the sale of $5.0 billion (before commissions) of its common stock through its “at-the-market” offering program previously disclosed on September 1, 2020."

That uncertainty is gone now. Tesla could have sold whenever they wanted which is an unusual wording but decided to do it right away. Any questions about a future depressed sales price because Tesla may be still on the sale side evaporated.

The question is why did they announce to have all flexibility but do it right away although they don't need the cash? You don't keep the SP up to get a good average sale with such a long time uncertainty.

Regardless, how we look at it the only explanation I find is that it's been a part of an agreement with the S&P commission, and if true than Tesla just announced to have fullfilled their part.

The entire maneuver smells like an attempt to bring the SP down. Maybe there is an agreement to announce an inclusion if the SP is at a defined lower level.

It would be an odd deal but hey this is Tesla and nothing is normal with that Stock and Company.