Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't drive. In fact, in the Doug DeMuro review, you can clearly see that it is plugged in with an extension cord. I would bet the cord is "shore power" and that there's no functional battery powering the lights and systems.

Wait. You mean that the "Ultium" battery can't just charge off of my household 110?? :eek::rolleyes::D

For all those who had a rough time today. Here is a great summary of DOJO from a machine learning expert.

Think about this, many of the autonomous experts when I worked with a major OEM, did not understand whats mentioned in the video. Imagine the understanding arbitrage, amongst the wall street analysts. The day they start to understand what we know, there is going to be a massive movement. Is it 1 year, 2 years or more, I do not know.

Disclaimer: I am 70% in TSLA stocks,
5-10% in TSLA 2021 and 2022 options,
20% cash I am holding to not miss out on the opportunity due to contested election, no stimulus, and rising Corona cases in the next 1-2 months.

I do wonder though, when would be the moment to start divesting from TSLA stocks to buy more LEAPS? 350?? 300?? I am annoyed that I have to think about the GERMAN capital gain this year before moving around money. As far as I know, here in Germany, We do not get the opportunity to invest our own retirement money and thus save tax on capital gains.

That's right. 30+ years ago I was very annoyed about it predicting I could 10 or 20 fold the money if I could work with it. No way to do that of course which is ridiculous as in average looking back bonds don't bring you what stocks do and I assumed they invested in bonds. I learned later that there is no money to invest in the German pension funds at all, it's spend already and your pension slip is just a promise on paper.

Some say that explains why the rather prefer to keep that commitment low ....

Divesting in Tesla makes for the next 5-10 years no sense unless something really unexpected happens I have not yet thought about. It depends of course on your personal situation and should not be generalized. If the company is managed like now and continues to innovate and follow the mission you may extend that period to the far future. The question you need to ask is if there are other investments that have a better value - risk ratio than Tesla. SpaceX could be one IMO.

For now, there is 0 reason to waste any time on a devastation strategy

It bounced back March 19th....
I am predicting a bounce next week. Tech sold off today due to massive record profits reported and great guidance...lol.

All my tech stocks are down almost 10% this week.

SHOP blew earnings out of the water
Fvrr beat expectations and raised guidance.
AMD had a massive beat and raised guidance
Tesla we all know

And from where I am sitting.
Amazon reported record profits
Apple is expected to sell record numbers of 5g cell phones with their service division exploding in growth
FB also blew up expectations.

This was the reason why tech saw a V shape recovery from March..and if it wasn't for...nonsense..we should see a check mark, not a V with these earnings.

first time I see Iron Mike Tyson quoted in an investor thread.
This day is like a fight you feel bitting someone’s ear off.
That’s why some people here sold
Artful Dodger, Jun 2, 2020

The staff running Alameda County was goaded into doing what they did by the real nut jobs at TESLAQ/L.A. Times. But, like that great philosopher and pugilist Mike Tyson once said, "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Elon's still got that lawyer's phone number, and he packs a punch. It's gonna be alright. :cool:

Cheers!

Nawh, it just takes longer to sink in when ur punch drunk... :p

Cheers!

Last edited:
It bounced back March 19th....
Yeah, SP rode the Lower-BB from Mar 9 to Mar 18. I recall you were going to buy back in around $400? These are all pre-split numbers so we're up a comfortable 5x (my CAGR is still 200% today)

sc.TSLA.50-DayChart.2020-04-17.20-00.png

At any rate, since we didn't bounce up hard off the Lower-BB, I expect we'll ride it again for some time until there is more certainty on the U.S. elections, and the Coro thing settle down (Tech is the LEAST affected sector of the Economy, doh).

Also, there are forces lobbying the S&P Committee to delay, since TSLA churn is their crack habit. I expect S&P is hoping for a buying opportunity after a soft Q1 2021. Little do they know that Tesla will almost CERTAINLY have to claim their Valuation Allowance for deferred tax assets beginning in Q1 if it turns out that the entire 2020 FY is profitable. The ~$1.5B Tesla will be forced to claim on the Income Statement will put an end to that foolishness. I still think the Committee is missing a Golden opportunity to add TSLA into the NDX slot made available upon the merger of Tiffany and LVMH (but there's those Lobbists).

HODL. ACCUMULATE. HIBERNATE.

HAH! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Very impressive FSD video with drone footage. I found it on a click bait Elekcrap article that said it had a "scary near miss". What a joke that blog has become. I hope he enjoys the clicks from the weirdo Tesla haters because he sure has alienated the Tesla community.

I predicted several months ago that FSD is a late 2021 possibility. They need dojo to train the net on the huge data they have we to make it much better. My guess is dojo is likely to be ready late q1 to q2 and then it will crank for several months on the petabytes of data they have. They likely (p > .6) have the right Architecture now so it's as matter of training at this point...so it's all bout dojo.

I predicted several months ago that FSD is a late 2021 possibility. They need dojo to train the net on the huge data they have we to make it much better. My guess is dojo is likely to be ready late q1 to q2 and then it will crank for several months on the petabytes of data they have. They likely (p > .6) have the right Architecture now so it's as matter of training at this point...so it's all bout dojo.

I think for the majority of medium sized or smaller cities in the US can be trained pretty well on current gen Tesla servers. Dojo has a magnitude more power to focus hardcore on major cities and cities that are just a mess like China/India. In fact driving in countries like China is like playing 4d chess. I never dared to take the wheel because there are too many chicken style games being played as every driver is ruthless and the person who yields get left behind.

I think whoever achieves full autonomy in China should get a nobel prize as the difficulty is a magnitude harder than becoming a multi planetary specie. The AI decision making needs to evolved into becoming a full blown douchebag, always on the cusp of about to kill someone but just stop short of doing so.

Last edited:

IMO both Vietnam and India are probably the hardest for FSD. China actually have traffic lights and road markings.