Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has been a question of mine for a while. Who actually sets the rules in this forum? Take the 420 jokes things. Most don't seem to care. Is it just a few people that complain that push moderation to be strict? Maybe I'm a starry-eyed dreamer but shouldn't this sort of thing have input from the people who post here?
You don't get to see our moderation report queue. Yes, many people do care.

For all those who had a rough time today. Here is a great summary of DOJO from a machine learning expert.

Think about this, many of the autonomous experts when I worked with a major OEM, did not understand whats mentioned in the video. Imagine the understanding arbitrage, amongst the wall street analysts. The day they start to understand what we know, there is going to be a massive movement. Is it 1 year, 2 years or more, I do not know.

Disclaimer: I am 70% in TSLA stocks,
5-10% in TSLA 2021 and 2022 options,
20% cash I am holding to not miss out on the opportunity due to contested election, no stimulus, and rising Corona cases in the next 1-2 months.

I do wonder though, when would be the moment to start divesting from TSLA stocks to buy more LEAPS? 350?? 300?? I am annoyed that I have to think about the GERMAN capital gain this year before moving around money. As far as I know, here in Germany, We do not get the opportunity to invest our own retirement money and thus save tax on capital gains.

Last edited:
Not sure why you think there's anything not straight abut the story other than the original source just ASSumed that not done yet meant "a long ways off from existing at all"

Now you are quoting something that neitherI, nor the artcle I referred to, nor the post I was replying to, said.

So, as this is increasingly OT, and you are arguing against things I'm nut asserting, I'm done.

Thanks for the links.... they are great entertainment.

• Love
Reactions: Krugerrand
Now you are quoting something that neitherI, nor the artcle I referred to, nor the post I was replying to, said.

So, as this is increasingly OT, and you are arguing against things I'm nut asserting, I'm done.

What you said was that GM was confused.

What your source actually said is the source was confused- not GM.

The article said THEY (the source) was confused by the fact it turns out there's a prototype just a few days after the GM engineer said they were...working on a prototype.

I was pointing out GMs story is perfectly consistent. "Working on a prototype" then days later "Here is a prototype" then "Here it is moving under its own power"

Presumably further steps in the prototype process will be shown later.

Probably by even more youtube influencers who don't know what to look for or what questions to ask about it.

I can kinda see the GM exec telling marketing to "engage with the youths" on this and pushing "a" prototype out as quickly as possible even if it's super super far from a production version....

There was a fair bit of bad press about the launch being CGI, and comparisons to Nikola- so they wanted to dispel that by showing a physical thing you could show and touch ASAP- and they did.

That doesn't mean you'll see Jay Leno cruising around town in one next week though.

(agreed on increasingly OT though, happy enough to retire the discussion)

Thanks for the links.... they are great entertainment.

Glad you enjoyed them :)

I thought the market is already in turmoil. If index fund managers have to dump shares to buy real shares that would put pressure on the market, not in the least their own index. So that would count against it. If it is to fill a spot, then this effect would be modest, but then everyone would be buying because when rebalancing everyone knows the index managers have to buy.

So, I think If they do it they will do it in one go, before the rebalancing.

• Informative
Reactions: FireMedic
You provided good reasons why a fear driven herd of traders might be creating a panic bottom right now. Why would selling at a near-term low be wise? Do you plan to buy back when TSLA returns to an all-time high?

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.
Warren Buffett
Because this is not a panic bottom. This is anticipation of rising uncertainty -- an event is approaching that might become a crisis. If we see actual chaos, which at this point I think has a non-negligible chance of happening, then we'll see some kind of panic bottom. That would be maybe 30-40% below where we are now. Everything, not just TSLA. Maybe lower. And it may well last until inauguration day when it becomes clear what is happening. These are not normal times.

So, this stands a good chance of not being anywhere close to a near-term low. Next week will tell us something. But yes, I should have gotten out earlier if I was getting out. And when things are less crazy, I'll be back in with much more of my money than now. Keeping a few thousand shares is not exactly nothing; my guess is that's more than most.

Plus, since I'm retired and dependent on my investments for all my income, perhaps it makes more sense for me to be conservative, not that I have any practice at that. But since my entire portfolio is currently up so much, I'm thinking that maybe not being excessively greedy is a good idea. It would be nice not to lose it all again. That gets irritating once you're retired.

And, as I said, I'm sure you guys will take good care of my shares until I want them back. The few thousand I have left will keep me sufficiently warm at night.

A Silverado body chopped up with a tiny motor slapped in it is not a prototype. What does the battery and drivetrain look like? Does this vehicle achieve any of the performance specs advertised?

That's what vaporware looks like from a major auto manufacturer. A shell without a battery or drivetrain.

Is it vaporware if Youtube influencers are already taking delivery of the new Hummer EV?

/s

And, as I said, I'm sure you guys will take good care of my shares until I want them back. The few thousand I have left will keep me sufficiently warm at night.

No worries. We we take really good care of your shares and keep them nice and warm. The only problem is, we probably won't be willing to give them back when you're ready for them! :D

Is it vaporware if Youtube influencers are already taking delivery of the new Hummer EV?

/s
That review is only asthetics and the youtuber says they are not paid, but c'mon. The things that are said are very wrong so I'm guessing that GM isn't that interested in getting details right. The youtuber consistently errs on the GM side quoting a 2020 release date at the 7:53 mark, saying the starting price is lower than the CT. Ugh, can't believe I watched that.

This video seems a bit more detailed oriented:

I didn't even see that truck move one inch in that video ..... at least the Nikola semi made it down the hill.

Any videos of a real person driving and reviewing one? I am not trying to be negative because I am interested if GM has something real that could potentially compete with Tesla at some point. If fake, however, then it needs to be called out as deception.

Reactions: UCF3 and FireMedic
Any videos of a real person driving and reviewing one? I am not trying to be negative because I am interested if GM has something real that could potentially compete with Tesla at some point. If fake, however, then it needs to be called out as deception.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't drive. In fact, in the Doug DeMuro review, you can clearly see that it is plugged in with an extension cord. I would bet the cord is "shore power" and that there's no functional battery powering the lights and systems.

After-action Report: Fri, Oct 30, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

Headline: "Tech Catches Corona; TSLA Tests Lower-BB"

Traded: $16,636,456,546.63 ($16.37B)
Volume: 42,706,360
VWAP: $389.55

Close: $388.04 / VWAP: 99.61%
TSLA closed BELOW today's Avg SP
Mkt Cap: TSLA / TM $367.824B / $184.644B = 199.21%

Note: Yahoo Finance updated TSLA Mkt Cap on Oct 27 for Sep 9th Cap raise shares (per 10-Q). Google Charts updated Mkt Cap on Oct 28.
CEO Comp. Status:

TSLA 1-mth Moving Avg Market Cap: $404.95B
TSLA 6-mth Moving Avg Market Cap: $289.47B
Nota Bene: Mkt Cap for 5th tranche ($300B) tracking for Nov 16, 2020

'Short' Report:

FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 48.0% (47th Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)
FINRA Short / Total Volume = 43.3% (47th Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Short Exempt Volume was 0.59% of Short Volume (46th Percentile Rank)​

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2020-10-30.png

Comment: "TSLA closes below the Lower-BB for 1st time since March 18, 2020"

View all Lodger's After-Action Reports

Cheers!