Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am almost certain Biden won't seek second term at 81. He is here to set the stage for the next Democrat president.
And Trump is here to set the stage for the next. GOP have found a very good strategy for republican turn out, which is to just use anger (a good strategy for both side). So it's more likely than not having the republican votes feel cheated this election is another good strategy set up for taking over the house in 2022 and the next presidency. This is why we don't see universal condemnation on this election fraud claim.

And Trump is here to set the stage for the next. GOP have found a very good strategy for republican turn out, which is to just use anger (a good strategy for both side). So it's more likely than not having the republican votes feel cheated this election is another good strategy set up for taking over the house in 2022 and the next presidency. This is why we don't see universal condemnation on this election fraud claim.

The turnout rate for GOP will drop significantly next time due to the disappointment on the lack of reactions of them on the fraud claim. GOP is done.

Well, since this is now the Politics and Tequila thread, Here are my thoughts...

I have no party affiliation. They all lie and cheat. Jefferson and Lincoln would be sad.

I think for myself and don’t let others do my thinking for me. I love to learn, but I am not a sheep.

US politics is a joke and an embarrassment. Our leaders lack intelligence and integrity, but the sheep follow them anyway.

I will not vote for a candidate to vote against another - that usually means I write in my own candidate, someone of integrity and honor, usually not a politician. It’s my way of protesting against lies and deceit.

So, if I could rate my own post, I would rate it Funny, because it is and I am. I am a dinosaur and an idealist - no place in modern society for me. I don’t care, obviously.

@Krugerrand is right!

Corporate Media

CNN submerses its readers in liberal ideology. Foxnews submerses their readers in conservative ideology. Just tell me the facts, then I will make up my own mind. Avoid any media that would tell you how to think.

Corporate media has an agenda. I think Elon said it best...separate signal from noise.

For myself, the hardest thing in life is to put aside what I believe; to openly court cognitive dissonance with an open mind. Man I am trying...in both politics and investing. It’s tough.

Whoa material information not moving Nio stocks? Told you starfoxisdown, this is just a short squeeze.

This a joke right? :rolleyes:

Feel free to disagree with my comments/thoughts, but this sort of callout(especially with this piece of "material information") shows there's no need for me to defend my comments. Also, based on this comment, you clearly did not read all of my posts about the Nio/Tesla comparison.

Just let this discussion die

• Love
Reactions: lafrisbee
Definitely so. I'm partial investor and partial trading. The Tesla you see is my gains paid for with options in 2019. This year I built a nice position in the stock too.

However, my crystal ball says with the Dems executing their plan to increase taxes, reverse the Trump tax cuts, raise cap gains taxes, and reverse all Trump's eliminated regulations, we could see a serious depression in 2022 as the impact of this money grab takes effect. People losing jobs and the upper middle class losing the discretionary spending won't be buying Teslas or any other new expensive cars. This could cause Tesla sales to plummet even though Musk is number 1 in technology. Can't sell a Tesla to a person who is out of work or lost additional income to higher taxes. At least the Senate can stop their agenda if they want. If Dem's get a trifecta to pass all their agenda, you'd better sell Tesla and all stocks and buy gold or Bitcoin. No Green deal will save Tesla, Apple or Amazon or Microsoft, if people only have enough money from their unemployment checks to buy food and shelter. Crystal ball is pretty dark, I'm afraid. In the mean time ride it with added caution.

Oh please I am that upper middle class you refer to and tax rates have never effected my spending. In reality all we did with last tax cuts was increase my kids inheritance. Extra cash if anything gives us more funds to travel outside the US giving other countries more of our money.

The turnout rate for GOP will drop significantly next time due to the disappointment on the lack of reactions of them on the fraud claim. GOP is done.
Lol this will age badly.

The turn out for the GOP was unprecedented. It will be even more next time. Say what you will, Trump have done a lot for the GOP the last 4 years than perhaps most republican president because he gave zero F(and mostly luck since so many supreme court justice died). He was also the ultimate sales man for his party which lead to a weak senate race result this election for the Dems. Most GOP are grateful for Trump and will most likely carry his strategy forward as it's the winning one.

Let's not forget it took a 10+% unemployment rate, over 240k death from a pandemic, and him not condeming white supremacists on the debate stage to just barely lost the White House

On a positive note, the existing rabid Trump follower count will be reduced significantly in 4 years.

One thing to keep in mind when it comes to the dynamic of the landscape, both with the presidency, senate, and house is the tech migration that's going to happen thanks to the long term affects of Covid. We're going to see a continued trend of migration from the west coast(and NY as well) to places like TX, NC, GA, AZ, and NV. UT could even come into play in the 2024 elections.

So the GOP base might be encouraged to get back out and vote in 2024 due to feeling like they were robbed in 2020, but the demographic trends are not in their favor.

Lol this will age badly.

The turn out for the GOP was unprecedented. It will be even more next time. Say what you will, Trump have done a lot for the GOP the last 4 years than perhaps most republican president because he gave zero F(and mostly luck since so many supreme court justice died). He was also the ultimate sales man for his party which lead to a weak senate race result this election for the Dems. Most GOP are grateful for Trump and will most likely carry his strategy forward as it's the winning one.
Yes. Unprecedented obsession with conspiracy theories and disdain for science and expertise of all sorts. Great thing for America. Heck, we now have a congresswoman who believes in QANON. Trump has precipitated the rapid decline of America. I'm basically a libertarian who thinks the government has a role in societal investments (to a degree). I have little love for the Dems but he has caused a crazy amount of damage.

I think you are right about the strategy though. He has shown that leaning into conspiracies and being a troll works in the real world just as well as it does online. All of the up and coming Republicans like Rubio and Cruz have embraced this exact strategy.

Nio unveils 100 kWh battery with cell-to-pack design and lets owners upgrade if they want - Electrek

I really hope that another manufacturer selling battery upgrades (swaps) will prompt Tesla to do this in the future.

Probably wishful thinking, but one has to hope, right?
Nissan is a great example of manufacturers NOT letting people upgrade their battery packs even when their old packs are experiencing severe degradation. Tesla let original Roadster owners do it, but I think that will be the only time Tesla will permit it for the purpose of an upgrade. I know some have inadvertently received larger packs when smaller packs aren't available, however.

Reactions: Nocturnal
Lol this will age badly.

Let's not forget it took a 10+% unemployment rate, over 240k death from a pandemic, and him not condeming white supremacists on the debate stage to just barely lost the White House

That strategy of lying about everything over and over and over and over again. This is not something to celebrate.

On a positive note, the existing rabid Trump follower count will be reduced significantly in 4 years.
If only. He will most likely get his own seat at Fox news, continue to flame his supporters with the same message as Biden tries to bring people together, which will most likely be ineffective. His supporters are with him for life. Trump's endorsement of the 2024 candidate will have similar rhetoric except maybe with more grace.

Telling you that this election didn't carry the mandate the Dems were hoping for, which was suppose to be a symbolic of rejection of the Trump GOP. In fact it has solidified the Trump strategy for the GOP. Until the people violently vote against that strategy, it will be here to stay(misinformation, anti science, conspiracy theories, politically incorrectness)