Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I gave it a very little push. Bought 10 shares at $491. My bid on 600c Jan 23 didn’t hit. I just missed the bottom of the MMD. That’s the problem with using non-real-time quotes and a basic trading platform.:( Edit: Note to self, trade the damn options first on that dip, then follow up trading shares.

Edit: This just executed. Bought 5 contracts 12/24/2020 $545.00 at $26.00. So, now I’m really hoping for a decent price pop on Monday.
Crazy day. That late afternoon drop also allowed me to purchase a Jan23 550c at $175. So, I’m all in now with shares plus short and long-term options. Ouch, this will hurt a bit if there’s another pullback next week. Fortunately, no margin and this is all in IRA’s so I could suffer total loss and still be just fine. However, it’s the difference between a luxury vacation and living off my garden vegetables.:rolleyes:

Sorry for the noob question. I am trying to understand options. This trade means the buyer expects the SP to be minimum $740 on Jul 16 AH and needs SP to be $790.05 to break even? (ignore fees)

Yes

Not suggesting you do trade options because it's easy to lose a bunch. But robinhoods UI is not so bad got options trading. They even have push button iron condor setups and such.

Again not advising you to trade them, but after using E-Trade for years and then seeing robinhoods UI I kinda want to switch. They list out break even, strike, etc all very clearly

Sorry for the noob question. I am trying to understand options. This trade means the buyer expects the SP to be minimum $740 on Jul 16 AH and needs SP to be $790.05 to break even? (ignore fees)

On the top level, yes...ie where the buyer plans to hold till expiration... but in a lot of cases they're not planning to keep it nearly that long- instead if they buy it when the SP is say 500ish they hope it soon spikes up a fair bit (even if far short of 740 or 790) and they resell the option for a profit long before the time value drops off

Yes

Not suggesting you do trade options because it's easy to lose a bunch. But robinhoods UI is not so bad got options trading. They even have push button iron condor setups and such.

Again not advising you to trade them, but after using E-Trade for years and then seeing robinhoods UI I kinda want to switch. They list out break even, strike, etc all very clearly

Thanks!

Today at the Texas factory site:
The steel structure has gained a second level with corrugated flooring and what looks like roof trusses on top. There are hundreds of footings already completed, so I hope to see the assembly accelerate rapidly.
image.png

The big foundations at the south end are really starting to take shape, with several concrete columns raised adjacent. Six weeks ago there was just a pit here with no concrete yet.
image.png

These columns are a slightly different style than the ones in Berlin, not self-supporting. Looks like a number of attachment plates, maybe for interfacing with steel members.
image.png

Bought some more shares today @490 and change.

Was hoping for the money I had transferred to come in last week, & had planned to execute a buy in the low $400's, but banks being what they are, better late than never.

Had to swallow hard and hit the buy button when I thought about this buy at $2450 in old money. I achieved my core HODL share target before, but the addiction continues. I thought perhaps I can trade a few of the non-cores, but I don't think it's likely that I will want to part with them.

Anyone else here buy shares today ?

Last edited:
Twitter now says "This tweet is unavailable". What did it say?

In the future, if you could kindlly simply include the text of the tweet instead of linking us to twitter, that'd be great.

Screenshot_20201120-165803.png

I fail to see the significance of this tweet. But maybe I missed something. It's just a mandalorian reference from latest episode i think? - not being more specific to avoid spoilers

:cool:
Twitter now says "This tweet is unavailable". What did it say?

In the future, if you could kindlly simply include the text of the tweet instead of linking us to twitter, that'd be great.

my bad, will do next time.

I should take screenshots :D

it said “Great Jedi uses the Force to get snacks” or something like that :cool:

edit: what he said ^

After-action Report: Fri, Nov 20, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

Headline: "SS SM SF PR"

Traded: $16,388,573,478.56 ($16.39B)
Volume: 33,158,964
VWAP: $494.24

Close: $489.61 / VWAP: 99.04%
TSLA closed BELOW today's Avg SP
TSLA MaxPain: $440 (haha)

Mkt Cap: TSLA / TM $464.102B / $198.149B = 234.22%
Note: Yahoo Finance updated TSLA Mkt Cap for shares issued Sep 9th (per 10-Q)
CEO Comp. Status:

TSLA 30-day Moving Avg Market Cap: $402.30
TSLA 6-mth Moving Avg Market Cap: $316.63
Nota Bene: Mkt Cap for 5th tranche ($300B) likely achieved Nov 09, 2020

'Short' Report:

FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 51.8% (51st Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)
FINRA Short / Total Volume = 56.7% (54th Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Short Exempt Volume ratio was 0.92% of Short Volume (49th Percentile Rank)​

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2020-11-20.png

Comment: "MMs exist to provide liquidity..." :p

BOTD: @joh01652 "...entire community of short-sighted, small-minded, STEM-flunking profiteers"

View all Lodger's After-Action Reports

Cheers!

Last edited: