Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope. I have stated that we are ants in an ant farm before. It is my way of saying "HODL em". We are captives of some child. He has placed us in his ant farm. Nothing we can do.

Well, there is something we can do...

We can tell all the other ants that there's no flood coming. Instead, it was just someone spitting on the ant pile again. So maybe it's time to go swimming in the new pool instead.

Without this drama like Apple, what would all these people do here - buy a CD and some Bonds? How about an annuity, yahoo!

On the other hand, if you "HODL em", you do avoid all this drama bc nothing so far can dent Tesla, and the thesis keeps getting stronger. I was doing this at one time, but then the "spitters" kept pissing me off with their FUD. I felt like I kept missing the opportunities that I saw coming but didn't act on my instincts. So I'm playing with 10-20% and keep the core. However, I'm now betting some of this core as I decided to pad my cash going into an economic crisis. This safety net comes at a cost, but worth it for me to keep my line in the sand no matter what.

This whole economy is about to short I think, so why not sell at the top and wait a few months for a massive slide like all my friends wish?

Ans: Because there's MUCH more to come and we don't know when this will happen. People simply can't imagine what's coming from Tesla, but I believe I'm getting an idea. They are erasing all the mistakes that were carried through decades of business practices. I especially love that they have their own Shop Floor Control. You likely won't find any SAP at Tesla as it's too generic in trying to do everything, and therefore inefficient and slow to change.

ANYTHING new that Tesla takes on is automatically in serious trouble of being antiquated to fade in the night. For example, and it's been quiet for a while but is literally a sleeping giant... just wait for Insurance to expand to the other States and the world. It may not improve the bottom line as they tweak it for achieving the should-costs and all our insurance becomes manageable. But it is another hidden cost that hurts Big (little) Auto and accelerates the migration to EV. The competition not only needs to try and beat Tesla, but they also must rewrite the business process and operating systems of the Factories. That's even harder to do. Anyone can make a flying car these days, but can they pull a profit or volume sales?

So I spit back now, and hopefully my posts whenever I buy or sell are helpful for others to see it. On days like this, I feel like a Viking (likely my origins as French Canadian I am told). But even the Vikings couldn't tell an eclipse of the sun from Gods being angry for ~10 mins. Their rocks thrown at the moon worked everytime bc the sun always returned! A true story that encapsulates the essence of religion and mythology.

FOMO is just too strong with FSD on the horizon. Hold or Buy, not advise. I predicted $650 by year end, so that would be just fine with me. :) Also, max pain is $620. It's magic! You don't have to understand it, just feel the force inside you speak. What's it telling you? I really can't find any mistakes by Tesla. My Tesla service appt or purchases get more efficient everytime (week to week, not months or years).

Last edited:
Shoulda been buying TAN the last 18 months, I just don't like the idea of so many players in one ETF. Some will fail completely, potentially a lot. Why I thought they(or rather their stock) would fail anytime soon? Beyond me.
It was hard to be sure that we'd have a change of government. Not that I think that solar needs subsidies, we just need a government to get out of the way (not imposing tariffs on solar modules or propping up economically defunct coal).

I sold some of my QS at $120; that share price corresponds to a market cap of $44B, which seems to me a bit frothy for a company not producing product until another 5 years.

Also, shout out to StealthP3D for the heads-up on QS a few weeks ago.
I got my heads-up from @AlMc in early September. It was trading at approx. $16 then. I bought a bit but later sold half for a small loss because I didn't think it was ever going to amount to anything. :rolleyes: Was prepared to sell the other half but it keeps going up.

Look, it's a trend.
Let's call it the AppleGate Anomaly.

upload_2020-12-22_11-10-58.png

Huh? Mine as well!
It was a genius move for SunPower to spin off Maxeon. It's amazing that the market could not properly value either one until they were split up.

This is on of the challenges that Tesla has. Tesla Energy and Tesla AI are easily undervalued relative to what they would be worth spun off. I don't really mind because the overall valuation is good, and what is underappreciated today could sustain enormous growth in the future. It's nice to know that if the market were to become extremely unkind to Tesla, it could unlock this value through spinoffs as well, though I prefer it remain integrated.

Not sure how anyone can take that Apple EV "report" as anything but a hit piece to target Tesla post inclusion to create a more intense sell off. The timing of the report. No details.....a vague 2024 but likely "later" start date. I cannot roll my eyes enough :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edit:......Also Norway def going to post 2nd highest all time month. Another 300+ deliveries today

Last edited:
Electrek - hour ago: Pete Buttigieg wants to put 'millions' of electric cars on US roads - Electrek

Excerpt:

Pete Buttigieg, casually known as “Mayor Pete” since he was mayor of South Bend, Indiana, for eight years, was nominated last week by President-elect Joe Biden to be secretary of transportation. Buttigieg reiterated what he wants for the future of electric cars in the US late yesterday afternoon.