Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have learnt that ARK fund call options held in a EU citizen IBKR account and that expired ITM yesterday have caused shares to be delivered to said account. It's unclear why this works but I am hearing no complaints.

So now it's on to step 3)...
You don't have to wait intil they expire. Just buy one deep ITM call and exercise right after.

The day after I did this ARKG paid some dividende and I got notified by IB that I have to pay tax to the us now (US Quellensteuer) which makes this quiet conplex... I didn't dig into this topic yet but if there are more peope.interested we could start start an seperate OT thread.

Is it just me or does it look like Tesla are planning to do major increase of the footprint in Shanghai?

Is that enough space for a battery plant? Or semi? Or Model 2?
My guess would be a giant 'parking space' for shipping cars out (car-loading).
If long term Giga Shanghai is going to produce in the neighborhood of 1.5 million cars a year, that is a lot of cars! That could be close to 5.000 cars a day (assuming that the factory is idle around 40 days a year) .
How much space would you need for loading close to 5Ks cars daily on car-transport vehicles?
On the plus side, Tesla would gain some extra space within the original fenced rectangle for building smaller structures at the current yard. Videos from both WUWA and Jason Yang show 'minor' structures popping up or being constructed in between the larger already constructed buildings.

In Norway ARK ETFs are accessible from Nordnet. So I guess it depends on your broker.

Norway's in Europe, but not in the EU, I suspect that's the differentiator.

If I try and buy shares in any of the ARK funds, I get the message: "Your order cannot be placed. It is not possible to buy any instrument for which the issuer has not provided the legally required Key Information Document (KID)"

So I would suspect this is an EU requirement that hasn't been fulfilled. Whether this is possible to be done and ARK just have bothered, I don't know.

Norway's in Europe, but not in the EU, I suspect that's the differentiator.

If I try and buy shares in any of the ARK funds, I get the message: "Your order cannot be placed. It is not possible to buy any instrument for which the issuer has not provided the legally required Key Information Document (KID)"

So I would suspect this is an EU requirement that hasn't been fulfilled. Whether this is possible to be done and ARK just have bothered, I don't know.

Nordnet operate in Sweden and Denmark too. Any Scandiwegians here who can check what is available?

Norway is a member of the EU inner market - so all rules and regulations usually restrict us too.

• Informative
Reactions: Tslynk67
Well, Tesla sells every car they can make in China. How's that for a start? :D

To be serious here, I've never defended panel gaps, every car should be perfect. What I have said is that too many people make a mountain out of a molehill and, as an investor, panel gaps are not one of my bigger worries. As a Tesla buyer, panel gaps don't worry me either. If I had a gap as inconsistent as the one on Munro's latest Tesla, you bet, I would take it back to Tesla and have them fix it. But the chances of getting one that bad are pretty damn low.

Yes, every car should be perfect. No, I'm not worried about it - there are a lot more things that it actually makes sense to worry about.:cool:
The only thing pissing me off about panel gaps is everyone I know talking about it to me. I don’t care about panel gaps, it’s probably a minority of cars, however it’s gives ammunition’s for Tesla haters, shorters and FUDsters.

if they correct it, then this chapter is close once and for all.

Disagree. There is no "guy who put the door on" because it's done by robot. And the quality control is done by camera. And it's set to let by what Sandy objected to because it's good enough.

I think the only thing that needs discussion here is what Tesla should do with cars that aren't good enough. Rework is too slow and expensive. Anything that slows down the line costs too much in forgone production. Maybe they should sell them as "scratch and dent" discount items? Maybe they should go to employees at a special price? Maybe they should go to the crusher? Maybe they should turn them into artwork?

Commercial/fleet/government sales perhaps?

There's no other way to say it: NYT is anti-Tesla, and has been since I've been paying attention to the EV space these past couple of years. The NYT used to be one of my go-to news sources, but I've stopped since their coverage of EVs either ignores Tesla's impact or writes overt hit pieces about them.

Yeah, I get it, NYT has been receiving Big Auto ad money for decades so they're somewhat beholden, but for a publication that is fairly climate-aware, I can't give them a pass on this. Tesla is doing far more to actually try to solve climate change than any other
entity that I can think of, so I give the NYT an 'F' and don't visit their site any more. There are too many other sites that are trying to cover Tesla, EVs and climate change more thoroughly.

What’s weird for me is that I like the Times.

And then you get to the auto section and it is like jumping into the WSJ Opinion page. Pure fantasy.

Yeah auto dealer ad dollars run things but jeez.

In the end, Times and others allowed many people to get TSLA at a bargain.
So that’s good.

But I would think now, the game is up, so just report on the reality of things.

Dealers will be going away, along with their ad dollars.

Auto section needs to now evolve to actually be fact based reporting.

Hey, you didn't list the most important article related to their EVs: Hyundai to end domestic sales of Kona EVs after recalls - reports

From 12-17-20 "SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korea’s Hyundai Motor Co will end domestic sales of its best-selling electric vehicle (EV), the Kona EV, after a series of fires and faulty braking systems prompted mass recalls, local media reported on Friday."

It's been 3-4 days now since Munro posted his video. It appears to be a very important issue to beat to death enough to warrant it's own thread :eek:
I'm starting to notice gaps between the panel gap posts. Sometimes there are 5 messages in between (5mm), sometimes there are 4 messages in between panel gap posts (4mm). This panel gap posting gap inconsistency is quite concerning