Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it hard to imagine that the laws are written differently than where you live? I don't agree with these laws but as written in most of Europe one lousy frog (or any other animal) can hold up developments for years. As can lots of other things you and I might deem unnecessary.

Whatever BMW planned to do there many years earlier have little bearing on the new situation more than the land being intended for industrial use. Actually if Tesla had taken over the month after BMW decided not to build it might have worked, actually that 'forest' might not have even been there when BMW had plans, but with several years passed it was a given new permits would be needed. Including checking for whatever animals might have decided to make their home there.

Oh, and 'local authorities' can't just decide to skip over steps in the process. Unlike some other countries that's what gets you fired from your position over here.

Elon and Tesla knew what the rules where. They decided to ignore them and take the risk. It seems to work. Not sure why you and some others are so upset.
I've tried twice to explain the "over-sympathetic" behavior of the "German" Government. It had nothing to do with any negative aspect today. It is a simple and logical explanation. However....
So message me if you are really unable to understand why German Government is so sensitive.

• Helpful
Reactions: AZRI11
What’s weird for me is that I like the Times.

And then you get to the auto section and it is like jumping into the WSJ Opinion page. Pure fantasy.

Yeah auto dealer ad dollars run things but jeez.

In the end, Times and others allowed many people to get TSLA at a bargain.
So that’s good.

But I would think now, the game is up, so just report on the reality of things.

Dealers will be going away, along with their ad dollars.

Auto section needs to now evolve to actually be fact based reporting.

If a news source is not being honest about a subject you know well, why would you trust them regarding a subject you don't know well? News media in the United States does not have any legal requirement to report truthfully. They are run as businesses, and what makes them money takes priority over truthful and accurate reporting.

On the other topic, my Model Y (2021 VIN 63XXX delivered Oct 24th) was turned over to me with a small amount of exposed wiring from the A pillar next to windshield, an indentation into the front passenger door from a piece of dash trim not being installed properly, poorly aligned tail lights, and the trim around the rear passenger wheel looks almost like a wreck repair because of how uneven it is in sunlight. Tesla ended up putting in a new interior door panel because of the indentation. That's waste, both in materials and effort.

These issues do not prevent me from buying tesla and being very happy with the vehicles but Tesla absolutely has a quality control issue.

Norway's in Europe, but not in the EU, I suspect that's the differentiator.

If I try and buy shares in any of the ARK funds, I get the message: "Your order cannot be placed. It is not possible to buy any instrument for which the issuer has not provided the legally required Key Information Document (KID)"

So I would suspect this is an EU requirement that hasn't been fulfilled. Whether this is possible to be done and ARK just have bothered, I don't know.

You could request a reclassification to professional client. Professional status should clear KID requirement and allow you to trade US ETFs.

Some EU brokers offer this shortcut in case you meet certain criteria (e.g. 500k€+ portfolio, proof of professional trading in recent history, or relevant financial sector experience). Not sure how strict they are regarding the criteria. Please keep in mind that professional status also comes with drawbacks as some costs go up (e.g. NASDAQ live data $7->$29 per month using Saxo pricing as example).

Check Saxo website for reference: Professional Trading Account.

The only thing pissing me off about panel gaps is everyone I know talking about it to me. I don’t care about panel gaps, it’s probably a minority of cars, however it’s gives ammunition’s for Tesla haters, shorters and FUDsters.

if they correct it, then this chapter is close once and for all.

Until I started investing and purchasing Tesla's honestly I have never known panel gaps were a thing. I have owned an Eagle Talon, a Dodge Intreprid, Toyota Camry, Lexus IS, BMW 530, Mercedes R320, multiple minivans, 2 Chevy Volts and 2 Teslas. Never ever once paid attention to the panel gaps. Never have checked my Teslas. I have paid attention to Mercedes and BMW trim inside car come off, foam insulation from Lexus dislodge, interior window trim come loose on Camry and many cars having little doors and hinges for storage compartments come loose.

Yet since Tesla has a target on its back they should improve this if it really is a thing and all other manufacturers gaps are much better. Why give them a bigger target.

I received that reply Wednesday so nothing appears to have changed with ARK’s approach post-Brexit. I’ve no idea whether or not anything will change within the UK allowing the funds to be offered.

There were some suggestions a couple of pages back about using options to effectively trade ARK ETFs long. Unfortunately even those ideas wouldn’t be possible within an ISA or SIPP as far as I can tell.
A broker called Lynx has assured me that I can trade ARK options with them. So I could obtain shares by trading synthetic longs (buy a call and sell a put at same strike) there. I am setting up an account with them. Unfortunately the process has been delayed because they are shifting their residence from UK to EU because of you know what.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Hytra and lklundin
Benzinga - hour ago: Tesla Takes Legal Action Against Chinese News Outlet Over Report Of 'Sweatshop' Conditions At Shanghai Gigafactory: Global Times

Excerpts;

The report, published in Chinese and English, claimed that workers toil under "sweatshop" conditions at the Shanghai factory, and that the company was cutting corners on quality to speed up production. Unnamed workers describe the plant is being low-tech and high-pressure, with bosses who are overly demanding — in other words, like a stereotypical Chinese factory...

"Workers who spoke to PingWest said that in reality, Tesla's Shanghai factory was not much different from other automotive plants they've worked at."

Today, the Global Times, a Chinese Communist Party-controlled tabloid, reports that Tesla sent PingWest an "indictment, a notice of responding to prosecution, as well as other affidavit." Global Times cites a statement issued today by PingWest, formally known as Beijing PingWest Interact Technology Co.

Hey, you didn't list the most important article related to their EVs: Hyundai to end domestic sales of Kona EVs after recalls - reports

From 12-17-20 "SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korea’s Hyundai Motor Co will end domestic sales of its best-selling electric vehicle (EV), the Kona EV, after a series of fires and faulty braking systems prompted mass recalls, local media reported on Friday."
Think about if you owned a vehicle that was so bad the company had to stop selling them. WTF will that do to resale value?

Cann’t believe we are taking about panel gaps again, and it’s caused by the same guy!

The old FUD line of reasoning goes like this:
The build is sloppy -> the design must’ve been cutting corners -> reliability would be garbage.
(Actually the exact logic used by JD power)

What’s different after 3 years is, Model 3 has been time proven to be rock solid, only thing FUDsters could pick on is still panel gaps(paints improved a lot).

People now know that’s not indication of the overall quality, appearance was just not the top priority.
It is sometimes Tesla should address, and would address eventually, but not before they have knocked down higher priority targets.

Until I started investing and purchasing Tesla's honestly I have never known panel gaps were a thing. I have owned an Eagle Talon, a Dodge Intreprid, Toyota Camry, Lexus IS, BMW 530, Mercedes R320, multiple minivans, 2 Chevy Volts and 2 Teslas. Never ever once paid attention to the panel gaps. Never have checked my Teslas. I have paid attention to Mercedes and BMW trim inside car come off, foam insulation from Lexus dislodge, interior window trim come loose on Camry and many cars having little doors and hinges for storage compartments come loose.

Yet since Tesla has a target on its back they should improve this if it really is a thing and all other manufacturers gaps are much better. Why give them a bigger target.
What we don't know is what percentage of Teslas have gaps, and what percentage of other car manufacturers--and how many are fixed at the dealers before delivery where no customer is the wiser. (My guess is that it's a very small percentage of Teslas but I have no more information than those who think the QC is terrible.) With a dealer, there is a salesperson who presumably looks at the car before delivery. Tesla doesn't have excess employees like that, so the customer generally sees the issues (especially at the end of the quarter when there is a push to deliver as many cars as possible). It's in the nature of mass production that variances occur.

Reactions: T@oo
What we don't know is what percentage of Teslas have gaps, and what percentage of other car manufacturers--and how many are fixed at the dealers before delivery where no customer is the wiser. (My guess is that it's a very small percentage of Teslas but I have no more information than those who think the QC is terrible.) With a dealer, there is a salesperson who presumably looks at the car before delivery. Tesla doesn't have excess employees like that, so the customer generally sees the issues (especially at the end of the quarter when there is a push to deliver as many cars as possible). It's in the nature of mass production that variances occur.
If you look panel issues are everywhere.
The picture below is one I snapped of a rolls royce. My infiniti has panel misalignment but already got rid of the car.

Heres someone complaining about his 2020 toyota.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...&share_fid=90794&share_type=t&link_source=app

Attachments

• IMG_20200930_100846.jpg
    IMG_20200930_100846.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 86
Pardon me for a bull, but I just watched Dan Ives explaining his $1250 bull case on Bloomberg Technology. Sounds like an absolute moron. Worries me that maybe these "analysts" are just reversing their course and pushing TSLA up on nothing.

He's projecting only 10% EVs in 2025 and didn't say one word about energy......then how do you get to a near term $1250 bull case? Idiots.

Explain to me why we listen to any of these analysts? "If an analyst could analyze, they wouldn't be an analyst."

Edit: To be clear, my 2021/22 range is $600-1200

It just amazes me how these "celebrities" get so much air time to slough off responsibility?! She drove over her own cat, because she didn't check the rear-view camera, or didn't check under her car tires before driving. Let's not give that rag anymore clicks please.

Or not...
The article states she later posted that no cats actually died and then deleted both posts.
Spears later walked back her initial post in another Instagram post -- which she also deleted. She said she "did not run over any cats" and Tesla is "not to be blamed," several news outlets reported. The actress also made it clear that "user error is admittedly involved."
CNN also calls out the pedestrian noisemaker already does exactly what she was requesting.

Pardon me for a bull, but I just watched Dan Ives explaining his $1250 bull case on Bloomberg Technology. Sounds like an absolute moron. Worries me that maybe these "analysts" are just reversing their course and pushing TSLA up on nothing.

He's projecting only 10% EVs in 2025 and didn't say one word about energy......then how do you get to a near term $1250 bull case? Idiots.

Explain to me why we listen to any of these analysts? "If an analyst could analyze, they wouldn't be an analyst."

Edit: To be clear, my 2021/22 range is $600-1200
600 - 1200?

Mine is 10-4000. I have a feeling I am more right than you.