Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh man.. you guys have to watch this FSD beta video from about 19 minutes in.... I have to admit, FSD Beta has a sense of humor!

Incredible. I know there will be those who will attempt to paint this as "FSD will never work" but to me this is one of the most hope-inspiring videos of FSD I've seen yet.

Particularly that crazy 10-way (?) intersection. Surely people get into wrecks there all the time.

Incredible. I know there will be those who will attempt to paint this as "FSD will never work" but to me this is one of the most hope-inspiring videos of FSD I've seen yet.

Particularly that crazy 10-way (?) intersection. Surely people get into wrecks there all the time.
Watching FSD handling intersections and road (none-) surfaces like in this third world country example above, l‘m very confident it‘ll work just fine in the developed world.

Anyone who made spreadsheets before buying their first Tesla shares raise your hand.

I actually read some earning reports and spent a week reading and watching Tesla stuff on the net. Before I started investing my measly sums. Bet that is much more preparation than most here. Still feel like I just got lucky. Not sure who Bet TSLA expects to hear from who are much different.
For kicks, I went back to one of my earliest posts here on TMC in October 2013 and pulled this gem. Interesting in that my guesstimate for 2020 was 613k vehicles, although my thinking was more linear than S curve and had I taken my spreadsheet out another year to 2021, I most certainly would not have anticipated >750k vehicles which is a now a given.
Back in 2013 I thought Tesla would have the pick-up out by end of 2018, so I was three years early on that bad boy.
Long-Term Fundamentals of Tesla Motors (TSLA)

For kicks, I went back to one of my earliest posts here on TMC in October 2013 and pulled this gem. Interesting in that my guesstimate for 2020 was 613k vehicles, although my thinking was more linear than S curve and had I taken my spreadsheet out another year to 2021, I most certainly would not have anticipated >750k vehicles which is a now a given.
Back in 2013 I thought Tesla would have the pick-up out by end of 2018, so I was three years early on that bad boy.
Long-Term Fundamentals of Tesla Motors (TSLA)
Wow, that was really close. Are you a timetraveller like Elon?

Even got the EV penetration and Teslas share really close. Pretty sure no government or other 'official' predictions came that close.

What's the smallest?

What atom is smaller than hydrogen? That would be etherium, not to be confused with the crypto currency Ethereum. Although the two may be related, time will tell.

Seriously though, I think hydrogen has a decent future once the marginal cost of power through most of the day is zero. But that won't happen until solar and wind ramp to around 80-90% of our energy needs. Therefore, the business case for most large scale hydrogen applications is more than a decade away, maybe even 2-3 decades. Which will probably make most hydrogen investments now resemble most tech investments through the dot com bubble of 1999-2000.

Gordon Johnson is editor's pick of the day today on yahoo finance you don't wanna read it I just wanted to point it!

Tesla is right now trading completely out of the realm of reality: GLJ Research Founder & CEO
Mon, January 25, 2021, 12:57 PM
"Cut prices and reporting flat growth....." "Pre credit profit....." blah blah.... "Our number was 182k and tsla missed us. New way for tesla to miss GLJ's quarterly numbers, Estimate a sky high number so Tesla has no shot of meeting its goal.

New for 2021...Gordon Johnson estimates 1.4 million deliveries for Tesla..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

How many times will this idiot say 'cuts price 14 times?'

Significant competition coming....i mean it this time!

I find it amusing how GJ can say that Tesla has flat growth while simultaneously giving a delivery target almost 3x what they delivered in 2020. Even the the 4Q one he gave was a huge amount of growth over previous quarters.
That's his new approach for $TSLA missing his quarterly estimates....what a dum dum.

How to be a Tesla bear:
1) short TSLA
2) give unrealistic delivery target
3) gloat when they don’t hit it
4) complain bitterly when you lose all your money from the short
5) repeat
The only difference here is that dum dum Gordo does not actually have any $$ in short interest nor does he manage any $$....just a oil paid shill.

I have been using old.nasdaq.com/symbol/tsla/real-time to get my daily updates on the share price for TSLA.

But today this page is redirected to www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/stocks/tsla/real-time

The problem with that is that the browser tab title stopped displaying the share price. A first world problem I'm sure. Anyone else missing this? Are there any workarounds?

CNBC is my go to for displaying the real time Tesl share price, even when the browser is minimized in Windows

I like Yahoo, not only do the real-time quotes seem reliable and correct, but one also gets a view of all the outdated news and non-sensical analysis that normal people trade on.

LOL

I had to take yahoo finance off my Tesla Car saved screen as it made things freeze up too much. Google finance now, just the facts mam

I'd LOVE the price to be displayed on my browser tab.No, @jw934 , this does not result in a conveniently displayed TSLA price anywhere with Edge not Chrome browsers, what am I doing wrong?

Edit- Thanks @mrdoubleb , that seems to work for me. If only I didn't have 40 tabs open at a time, I'd be able to see the whole number...

Yahoo finance does that for you and it is updating real-time even when the tab is not active (i.e. you are looking at another tab).
View attachment 630540

Thank you all - and anyone I might have missed (so many posts...)! After trying out Nasdaq, Yahoo, CNBC, Marketwatch and Google Finance I ended up with Yahoo. Since none of the others show the running price in the browser tab.

For some weird reason Yahoo do not update the price in premarket. But it's the best so far.
I will miss old.nasdaq.com fondly remembering how it showed me how I got closer and closer to FIRE.

The only difference here is that dum dum Gordo does not actually have any $$ in short interest nor does he manage any $$....just a oil paid shill.

Maybe it's time for TMC to Investigate Gordon Johnson and where his backing is coming from. Possibly we could start a whole new discussion and see if we could find any information on him.