Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The US Military burns about 2/3rds of all the oil used by the country.

The majority of the oil burned by the U.S. Military is due to the Air Force and Navy. Planes and ships are no part of the Biden plan to convert the government fleet to electric.

Obviously timeline matters in the context of all this too. If we are talking in the next 100 years, then yeah, sure. Tesla should be involved in converting anything and everything it can to electric. If we're talking in the next 10 years, then no, Tesla should stick to cars. Tesla is producing cars for the world not for the U.S. That's a much bigger target than just the U.S. military auto fleet.

Last edited:
OT

OK. You want to go to space? Check out the new guys SpaceX is sending to ISS.

The proposed historic Axiom Mission 1 (Ax-1) will consist of: former NASA astronaut and Axiom vice president Michael López-Alegría as commander; American entrepreneur and non-profit activist investor Larry Connoras pilot; Canadian investor and philanthropist Mark Pathy; and impact investor and philanthropist Eytan Stibbe of Israel.
3 "Investors" and nary an experienced spacefarer among them? Well why not? What could go wrong? Stocking up on popcorn.

Really never seen anything like this.

Not one for manipulations overall, as all you are really stating is the status quo, but I feel like the market overall was being crushed either because of the shock at what is happening with the low float high short stocks or to bail the short players.

My six dollar call options for AMC were refused a bid for the first twenty minutes. In the end the market makers don’t want to play.

This is lol to say the least.

IBKR's Trader Workstation (a multi-OS-supported java-application) is reporting good connectivity and although I have not made any trades today, placing and cancelling of an order worked with no noticeable latency. I previously used IBKR's web-application, which has performed terribly in similar situations.

PS. IBKR's web-application is totally irresponsive, their iphone app seems normal.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: hobbes
That's because everyone else (read the MOD's request) and moved to this thread: ;)

Meanwhile, even though NASDAQ has summarily and abruptly cut off all public access to Pre-Market and After-hrs trading info, we can still get a glimpse of Pre-market SP action by viewing TL0 in Frankfurt:

View attachment 631103

Cheers!

The mods can delete or move this post too, but its sorta like the GME shorts trying to stop the tide. This is the biggest thing happening in the markets today. It's not a sideshow. So everyone is going to be posting about it in this thread today.
~~~No, everyone is NOT going to be posting about it today.
This is the Tesla INVESTORS’ thread. It is NOT the “...but TSLA....ooh Gee! Something Shinybis trading over there and a lot of people we don’t like are getting hurt!” thread.

Moderators have no reason to be kind to repeat violators. If you think you have something productive and valuable to others then go and start something on another platform, not TMC. ~~~

And it's directly relevant to trading in TSLA! TSLA is the Great Uncle of what is happening this week to GME, AMC and the rest. TSLA suffered for years by the manipulations of a huge short interests, and the shorts were defeated by several factors, one of which was clearly the new role of the retail investors -- us!! Now the attack on the shorts is happening quicker, and more ferociously. They are standing on our shoulders.

And whether they succeed or not, and how they succeed, is likely to have both a near term and long term impact on TSLA trading.

I heard a piece on NPR yesterday talking about how the retail investors are overpowering the short sellers. I come here and sure enough it's all the talk. I don't invest in companies that I don't know, but it's good to hear the people have a new voice. I don't know if retail actually knows how this is messing up short sellers. For all they know, it's on a run and they better get more.

Tesla, OTOH... we see eye to eye (when the F5 key works anyway).

• Love
Reactions: Xepa777