Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Frankly, how?

Even if you charge for 12 hours with your car, that's only 48 miles at a time. That's not even factoring any range loss from things like AC or heating or bad driving habits or traffic, or if you occasionally have to go further than typical like if a relative was visiting, or there was a child's soccer match, etc.

I had a older 2015 Model S that I rented when I was visiting my family. I charged at my sister's place, who only had a 120v outlet for me to use. There was no Supercharger near where I was, nor any feasible level 2 charger, not even a pay as you go one. It was a struggle to keep the charge, even if I only had the car a week, and I didn't commute to work at all during that time. It's one of the reasons I was so set to get a place here in Hawaii where I could install a Tesla charger.
As an EV owner/driver, I would not consider getting a place where I couldn't install at least a 240v outlet.

Teslaquila is back! I bought one. Missed on the last stock.
Missed it! Already out of stock.

Reactions: MikeC
Interesting tweet from @greentheonly

70B9CEB0-9588-4719-9FB2-10C8EFEED3F0.jpeg

Interesting tweet from @greentheonly

View attachment 644748

We knew it's coming. Here's an excerpt from Q2-2020 CC:

Zachary Kirkhorn -- Chief Financial Officer

Currently, we have a product in California, as I've described before. It's been quite well received, and I would largely describe it as a fairly standard insurance product with elements of it that are unique to our cars. So you can think of it as a version one of Tesla Insurance.

Elon Musk -- Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer

Version 0.9 is it getting at least.

Zachary Kirkhorn -- Chief Financial Officer

0.9. What we're working on now is -- we can call it version two or we can call it the first version of our Telematics product. And so really, ultimately, where we want to get to with Tesla Insurance is to be able to use the data that's captured in the car, in the driving profile of the person in the car to be able to assess correlations and probabilities of crash and be able then to assess a premium on a monthly basis for that customer. And what makes this very exciting for us is the amount of data that is available with the customer's permission to use is not available on any other product or any other vehicle in the world.

So this gives us a unique advantage in terms of information.

Sold out in 20ish minutes. I missed on my 2nd bottle. First bottle is for when stock hits 1K, 2nd is for 2k and so on until I'm 3 sheets.
Where was that post with new business lines and new revenue streams for Tesla?

Tesla should set up shop down in Jalisco. Some nice margins and insatiable demand.

Sold out in 20ish minutes. I missed on my 2nd bottle. First bottle is for when stock hits 1K, 2nd is for 2k and so on until I'm 3 sheets.
I propose at 4:01pm Eastern Time the day we close at $1,000+, we take a collective shot of Teslaquila. Bonus points for those of us who wait to crack open our bottles at 4:00pm ET.

Someone did an analysis of analyst price targets vs their tip rank rating. Every TSLA target of $800+ was done by an analyst with above average rating. Upper right of graph is high rating and high price target. Lower left is low rating and low price target. Any guesses as to who is in the lower left?

The proposed law, House Bill 4379, would recognize EV makers as dealers allowing them to sell cars directly to buyers. The only caveat is the cars in question must never have been sold in Texas before by third-party franchised dealers.

Ya, I've been kicking myself for only ordering one bottle the first time around. I've vowed to keep that one sealed for the foreseeable future. So I need one or two that I can open and drink whenever we hit a SP milestone. Maybe next time.
We ordered the first time and had it delivered to my wifes sister's house in Indiana since we could not have it delivered to Colorado. Took a few months to finally get it here in Colorado. Whenever we have mexican food I make some margaritas and add tesla tequilla shots. Really nice touch. We decided to drink it and not to save it.