Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rumor has it that Tesla paid cold, hard cash for that product placement.

How do I know?

Prove me wrong!

/s

This is untrue. Tesla supplied the car and dead body for free. And had to clean the blood off the car interior. They were considering a Model X & the classic "tumbling over after leaving road" scene but Model X wouldn't tumble and only fizzled a bit when it hit the bottom. They missed a trick of giving a Rimac to Richard Hammond (or to be fair, rocket car, Trabant or anything to Richard Hammond).
You left out Solar Panel and Solar Roof manufacturing to complement storage products for both local consumption and export. I think that would be right up there with batteries.

Solar and Batteries look to be well ahead of any potential to justify vehicle production for the local buyers. The video touched on the low annual vehicle sales and average cost. A minuscule market for Tesla vehicles, despite high population density. Add to that the low ratio of households that own a vehicle and the local market doesn't exactly scream for production to deliver enough for a factory at this time.

Boring Co. might have a place there to relieve congestion in key areas.

Boring Company would be fantastic around Mumbai (or anywhere big in India) as long as volume could be handled. Boring Company needed everywhere on Earth that's busy, as a toll road/autonomous taxi it would make so much money in UK.

Plus SpaceX should do some wind turbines & wind harvesters for places like England which often have gentle wind GUSTS. I think harvesters could be a good idea for Tesla/SpaceX - even put on top of Megapacks/solar shielding of superchargers in hot locations

video with harvester working with wind speed gusts of 0.1-1.1 metres per second (working nicely at 0.7 metres/second or 2.52 km/hour or 1.57 miles per hour)

- Humanity Social Harmony/Quality of Life (RT will be just one example, but a major example re tech displacing a massive scale of jobs. Driving a vehicle is among the top few jobs globally. This was not the case with elevator operators. What solutions might we come to to bring on the tech and offer some cushion to lives disrupted re making a living?)
Another aspect of improvement in this regard that many seem to under-estimate is the effects of the Energy side of the business. Eventually, battery and solar production will ramp to a point that the energy needs of the Human Race will be met multiple times over. This isn't that far away. It will disrupt society by detaching people from the limits that are currently controlled by the brokers of energy and finance.

Imagine a world where energy is essentially a free resource for everyone. Once enough SWB (Solar, Wind, Battery) resources are in place to accommodate the global needs there will be a paradigm shift. As we progress toward that point, all aspects of Humanity's Social Harmony and Quality of Life will be launched to new heights by orders of magnitude that are difficult to comprehend now.

It is a challenge to imagine because we have become so accustomed to taking for granted the energy costs baked into every aspect of our lives that removing that cost from every good and service is mind-blowing. This is the kind of thing Gene Rodenberry or Robert Heinlein may have imagined, and which has generally been assumed to be fiction, as such a Utopia would be impossible to achieve. At least until you bake SWB into the pie.

The possibilities that free energy, along with A.I. working on social, medical, manufacturing and other needs, and very possibly the need for money going the way of the dodo as a consequence all lends to uncorking the creative capacity of every individual as they can then choose to contribute to the greater good merely because it would be less boring than not doing so. (squandering one's life can also be a viable option, so long as one does so without harming another)

This concept of free energy and how it will release the human potential from the bounds of those who have always controlled society under the yoke of power production and finance is almost, but not quite, out of the reach of our imaginations at this point.

It is time for a few of us to stretch the brain muscles and seize the opportunity to profit from this rising tide while doing what we can to keep the momentum moving ever forward. Spreading this message is what will offer an overwhelming counterpoint to those purveyors of FUD grappling with a future where they will become irrelevant.

Last edited:
There is evidence of transports of refurbished/Plaid Model S leaving Fremont, e.g.

I recall that 2019Q4 saw only a symbolic number of Model 3 deliveries (I believe 15 to employees) from Giga Shanghai - I think this limit was explained as being for accounting purposes.

Can we expect deliveries of refurbished/Plaid Model S during this quarter?
Are there reports of VIN assignments or other indicators that such deliveries are imminent?
Glad the refreshed S's are rolling out, but I don't believe any of those cars are Plaid.
The 21" Arachnids are available on LR, I don't see any red brake calipers on these vehicles.

There is evidence of transports of refurbished/Plaid Model S leaving Fremont, e.g.

I recall that 2019Q4 saw only a symbolic number of Model 3 deliveries (I believe 15 to employees) from Giga Shanghai - I think this limit was explained as being for accounting purposes.

Can we expect deliveries of refurbished/Plaid Model S during this quarter?
Are there reports of VIN assignments or other indicators that such deliveries are imminent?
What an odd word to use; refurbished. I can envision a bunch of couches in this room needing refurbishing, but when I think of refurbishing a car — well, I don’t. It’s a word usually used when talking about homes or furniture. I guess for those planning on living in the Plaid.

What an odd word to use; refurbished. I can envision a bunch of couches in this room needing refurbishing, but when I think of refurbishing a car — well, I don’t. It’s a word usually used when talking about homes or furniture. I guess for those planning on living in the Plaid.
The word is often used for tech products. I just got a renewed/refurbished Nintendo 64 to play Starfox.

I love ARK. Own lots of ARK.

I love Tesla. Own even more TSLA.

Someone please explain to me how 5M cars sold in 2025 is a ‘bear’ case. That is well above 50% YOY increase.

Not saying this isn’t happening, but ‘bear’ case?
*Their* bear case. They expect more, but that at a minimum. Don’t get hung up on it being labeled ‘bear’. They could have called it ‘at the very least we expect Tesla to do this’ case.

I love ARK. Own lots of ARK.

I love Tesla. Own even more TSLA.

Someone please explain to me how 5M cars sold in 2025 is a ‘bear’ case. That is well above 50% YOY increase.

Not saying this isn’t happening, but ‘bear’ case?
Good point. In terms of gigafactories needed to produce, I guess they will need at least 4 more. Unless they can expand Shanghai and Austin to 1m a year rate. Shanghai construction is going non stop, and Texas looks very huge. We will have to see. I still think they need two mega (edit Tera) model2 factories.

Last edited:
Reactions: traxila
This is untrue. Tesla supplied the car and dead body for free. And had to clean the blood off the car interior. They were considering a Model X & the classic "tumbling over after leaving road" scene but Model X wouldn't tumble and only fizzled a bit when it hit the bottom. They missed a trick of giving a Rimac to Richard Hammond (or to be fair, rocket car, Trabant or anything to Richard Hammond).
Absolutely loved the reference to Richard Hammond's electric car experience (and rocket car, et. al.). I do wish the BBC hadn't tampered with their very successful show. (not to discount how Clarkson brought that wrath upon them)

As entertaining as it was to watch him crash and burn that BEV to the ground it did paint an ugly picture for BEV's being fire hazards in general and contributed to the FUD that affects the perception of BEV manufacturer's products generally, and thus imparted some tiny effect upon the price of our chairs. (that was a stretch to bring the post on topic) ;)

I can tell you that the characters “物理学家” means “physics department” in Japanese. But that just makes it more painful that I cannot read it - particularly because I have a degree in physics!
My translation, made to the best of my abilities (Google translate)

Tesla
11 hours ago from Weibo Live
"Silicon Valley Iron Man" Musk talks with academician Xue Qikun, a physicist, collision of ideas, and chat with you #下一个VERS性 Innovation# Tesla's Weibo live broadcast

3. There was news that Berlin will produce Model 2 in July 2021, NOT 2022. I will look for the link if requested.
When I was given 3 disagrees, I found out my typo error : the correct is Model Y, not Model 2. The Berlin Model Y with 4680 battery will be produced in July 2021 if my hearing in this video is correct (my hearing could be not perfect):

The most interesting video: LEAKED Tesla Model 2 in 2021: I recap the main topics

1) First it shows Tesla started 10K/yr SuperChargers production in Shanghai on top of its existing 20,000 SuperChargers worldwide, more than ANY other EV manufacturer. 2) The giant GigaPresses in Berlin will reduce more than 70 parts in Model Y to 2 big Front part and Rear part holding the honeycombed new 4680 battery in the middle to increase the frame rigidity, best center gravity, a best car frame design with lowest part count and best productivity/manufacturing process. This model Y, production will start in July 2021, has top speed of 135 mph, 0-60mph 5.1 sec, will blow out the muscle car Ford Mustang Mach E out of water. Most street racing is determined by just a car length. Most Mustang Mach E buyers will sell their Mach E as soon as they are humbled by a sleek looking hatchback, does not even looking like a sport car.

3) Model 2 $25K ($19K in US with $7K EV credit) will be introduced in next November 2021 in Guangzhou Auto Show. Tesla China received approval on January 29, 2021 on the environmental impact assessment (EIA) process for production of the “Model 2”.

TSLA Investor Discussions

Anybody speaks chinese? Here is the Elon Musk talk, but it’s translated into Chinese :(
I don't know mandarin but can read Chinese, so all I can translate is the description of the video: "Silicon Valley ironman Musk discussion with Physicist xxx (Chinese Name)" The second part of the title indicates that they have some sort of disagreement about Physics.

I don't know mandarin but can read Chinese, so all I can translate is the description of the video: "Silicon Valley ironman Musk discussion with Physicist xxx (Chinese Name)" The second part of the title indicates that they have some sort of disagreement about Physics.
I'll take Musk in the disagreement.

TMC Crew - 2025 ;)
Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 10.21.17 AM.png

Ark's new numbers are interesting. Their bear case of $1500 by 2025 is my expected price target! :D

So if we hit their base case of $3000 by 2020 I'll be happier than a pig in mud. A very wealthy pig in mud!

If we hit their bull value of $4000 then I'll be crapping myself at how to spend all my money.

And they don't include Tesla energy in their models at all??!?!? 😮

Man, the next couple of years are going to be so very interesting.