Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon deleted this tweet:

View attachment 648088

:O :O
I wonder if there's been an FSD update recently. Gali posted this on Twitter yesterday: https://twitter.com/Gfilche
Both Whole Mars Catalog and Gali are super bullish on FSD yesterday for some reason...
Image 3-26-21 at 5.41 AM.jpg

My guess is that Tesla will announce another Supercharger factory soon, perhaps up to 100k superchargers a year, and almost certainly larger than the China Supercharger factory.

Something like this makes sense although 100k seems a little high but having a single fabricator making private label chargers would make that kind of number more likely

TBH I cant see tesla opening up the network. There is little to gain and a lot to lose.

Gains:
Better awareness of how reliable and fast they are to other EV owners.
Some revenue.

Losses:
Tesla owners no longer have the cachet of a network 'just for us'.
Possible outrage and having to queue for a spot behind a non tesla to use 'your' charger.
Disincentives build-out of more EV chargers by other companies (hurts the mission).
Little control over how much pressure this puts on the network, capacity wise. No longer linked to tesla sales.
Disincentive to buyers. Why buy a tesla 'for the Suc network' when you can now use it anyway?

I think doing so would be a net negative and a distraction. Its not vaguely a priority. Priorities should be:
  1. Build more model Ys
  2. Get GF texas built
  3. Get GF Berlin built
  4. Start making semis.
  5. Ship the flipping roadster because its getting embarrassing how much this is vaporware now.
I think most Tesla owners are ambivalent. The other positive is that I suppose this wouldn't happen without proportional investment in the network, if that was the case, also given that most EV's sold happen to be Teslas anyway, maybe wouldn't be so bad

What if Tesla were to win this ev charging infrastructure contract by just saying it will provide a network that 80% of EVs in the US can use?

View attachment 648106

One thing is that Govt will not get ripped off on price if there is an open tender ... but at same time bias might be there for Union paying jobs
while back GM got contracts to make ventilators and I think it was not going well ...

Something like this makes sense although 100k seems a little high but having a single fabricator making private label chargers would make that kind of number more likely

Well, if Dodger is right, they probably need to produce ~800,000 superchargers in 3 years, so I'm being conservative.

Think much bigger. There are ~300K gas stations in the USA. How about 100K v3 Supercharger stations in 3 years?

That'll handle the "think much bigger" part of our unknowns... :D

Cheers!

I thinks if it passes then it's for the tax year so it doesn't matter when you buy it this year.
We don’t know how the law will end up written, but the language in the GREEN Act from last month would not work that way. Under the definition of “exclusion period,” Tesla purchases made before the enactment date of the law would not qualify for credit. So if you purchased a Tesla today and the law was enacted in September your purchase would not qualify under the GREEN Act language.

Pete Buttigieg just suggested a "vehicle miles travelled tax" might work to replace road tax. He also says carbon tax is a good idea (but it might be too early to implement).
How difficult would it be to use the "tax on fuel" model by incorporating a tax into the purchase of electricity via EV charger?

It should be easy enough for chargers to report to the power provider, then the user doesn't get hit with an annual or quarterly bill if it is rolled into their electricity bill, whether at home or at the charger station on the road.

So the way I see it we got 4 catalysts that haven’t been seen my large news media.
-Moodys Upgrade
-1 Million possible deliveries?
-Shanghai Production Rate up?
-FSD timeframe update.

Than next week we got a few heavy hitters
-Biden infrastructure plan
-Q1

Jeeez for the fact that this stock has been trading sideways for 3 months....going to be an exciting week!!!
🐐

Pete Buttigieg just suggested a "vehicle miles travelled tax" might work to replace road tax. He also says carbon tax is a good idea (but it might be too early to implement).
I like this. Vehicles should be taxed based on miles driven and weight. Those two things are what degrade our roadways. Fuel taxes should continue in some form; that would be more of a carbon tax though, not for roads.