Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look what's hiding in the Infrastructure bill. So much for getting some EV help from this Government.
At this point, I would much rather see the Gov just take their hands off and let Tesla fix the world on their own.
Good pilot program. There will need to be something in place to replace fuel tax. A few other posters on here think they should be free loading on petrol supplied highways. I feel the opposite, better for EVs to pay today and reduce resistance and objections. Much better to have a national standard with allowable local exceptions than some giant cluster **** with impossible reconciliations.

My "shoot from the hip" and "completely made out of thin air" guess would be that they would want to reward employees of the new factories. So 90 days after the last GF (Austin or Berlin) comes online to allow time for employee benefits to be taken advantage of for all new hires and they can enroll in the ESPP. I hope we dont have to wait that long though.
Funny, my take is they don't want to unfairly reward new hires over those who have put in years of effort, and so would be inclined to set the shares split as soon before Berlin and Austin hiring ramps up as they can.

Yesterday - 7-8 weeks

Today -
1628623424938.png

Sorry if I didn't express myself clearly - I did watch all of his YouTube videos years ago right when he started his masterful tear down of the M3.
I did not intend to impugn his character, hah ha - was just playing armchair psychologist, and it is no attack on his character to suggest he is not a great investor/ trader either in general or wrt to TSLA. So few can claim to be, both good at "standard" trading *and* investing in TSLA - many very good financial types have failed to understand how to invest/ trade TSLA. (and I'm not claiming being any better than the average TMC bloke here)

As mentioned before, Sandy could have put his investment in a blind trust, ARKK/ Baron's fund or have a determined investment plan - like Tesla officials, so there is no issues re insider /knowledge. Tho in the case of Tesla he's been clear many times that he never was given inside information even under NDA, by Tesla.

I totally agree with you. A common amateur investor mistake is to become afraid while watching unrealized gains of a good stock evaporate and to sell to retain whatever gains still remain. IMO, Sandy probably sold near the lows of 2021. And investor psychology is funny too. People tend to rationalize their mistakes, in this case I think he said "Well good, now I don't have a perceived conflict of interest, I HAD to sell it, I didn't really have a choice". And then that storyline becomes fact to them. No one is unbiased when it comes to the fragile human ego.

While Sandy almost certainly doesn't have inside info, I just wanted to point out for the benefit of new investors that it's not necessary to be under a non-disclosure agreement to have inside information. The SEC puts the onus on the individual investor to know when they are in possession of inside information and to refrain from trading on that info.

One comment about Sandy: While I don't think he has a horse in this race, and he's not specifically biased against Tesla, everyone has built-in biases. It's impossible not to. These biases change with time and that is what we have witnessed with Sandy. He's been so impressed with Tesla that he's actually slightly biased in FAVOR of them at times. He started out viewing Tesla as outsiders to the industry he grew up in and thought they didn't know how to make cars. At that point in time, even thought he THOUGHT he was being even-handed, he had subtle biases against Tesla. Yes, Tesla was not perfect but Sandy's ingrained biases reflected in the MANNER in which he presented the material. AND words matter. This was not intentional or conscious on his part.

Currently, he has subtle biases against Ford that are apparent, probably due to the deterioration of his professional relationship with them at some point in time. Don't get me wrong, the Mach-e really is inferior in most of the ways he highlights as he tears it down, but you can see his biases come through in the way he presents the information he covers and the language he uses. It's unavoidable when you are that close to the industry and, indeed, helped form it.

As investors it's important to recognize that everyone has biases. Some are better than others at concealing or ignoring them but no one is perfect.

Actually there are multiple threads for various configurations. It seems there is a large increase of close delivery dates, and a few Model X orders appear to be coming soon also. Despite some contrary suggestions I am quite certain than there is substantial progress on both Model S and Model X.

Several people, including me, have suddenly had calls and emails with very specific information. My own was more specific than I had previously experienced.
This must be significant news.
This quarter should have profit contribution at least from Model S and possibly Model X as well.

I got a prepare for delivery email 3 days after I ordered Model X this week.
When I ordered, the web page had given an April-may 22 approx date.

At the moment I am not-prepared, so I haven't taken any action - and unsure whether this is just a generic email or it for real and if completed, i would get it in next 1-2 mths.

(+ ~ 120K with the bells and whistles .. need some more CC's in the bag)

Last edited:
Surprisingly still pretty weak volume. Quite surprised the low volume isn’t being used to drive this down. Seems like it would take little effort to do so
THEY don't need it lower, if it closed the week below $700 and they start paying out a lot of puts

If I had to pin the tail on the donkey for the week, I'd go for $706

That being said, last week we closed below the $700 put wall, although I have observed that the MM's are less bothered about being forced to buy shares close to the money on a Friday

1628624529417.png

Asking European investors: is there a way to get a loan against TSLA shares? Degiro doesn't do that, and the French banks I contacted said they only offer such a service against European securities. I have a lot of capital taxes to pay in Sept to December, but I'd rather risk some TSLA against a low interest loan then sold them before EOY.

Asking European investors: is there a way to get a loan against TSLA shares? Degiro doesn't do that, and the French banks I contacted said they only offer such a service against European securities. I have a lot of capital taxes to pay in Sept to December, but I'd rather risk some TSLA against a low interest loan then sold them before EOY.
Can you use interactive brokers in Europe? Ive borrowed 6 figures against my TSLA from them for ~1% interest

Well.. my tax-advisor said, that the interest-penalty on unpaid taxes in germany is just ~5% atm (LIBOR + 2% interest + 5% penalty, LIBOR is < 0 since years) .. so basically a cheap loan ..
not advice. ;)

If you switch to IBKR you are on portfolio-margin & you can pay out all excess liquidity to yourself. If your cash goes negative you pay interest. If you sell 1-2 puts you should never have a negative balance ;)

But beware: having > 100k Eur in cash (and not converted to e.g. USD) will make you pay negative interest (0.5% p.a. or something along those lines).

I was told once that Deutsche Bank would give 35% against equities...

Maybe you could sell some covered calls to pay the taxes, if they exercise, too bad but at least you will have sold for a higher price

• Informative
Reactions: Tes La Ferrari
THIS is 4 dimensional chess right here.
Ford is going to do the "Heavy Lifting" on the political frontier for Tesla in the EV Federal World.

and he likes many things on the mache more than the VW id
I totally agree with you. A common amateur investor mistake is to become afraid while watching unrealized gains of a good stock evaporate and to sell to retain whatever gains still remain. IMO, Sandy probably sold near the lows of 2021. And investor psychology is funny too. People tend to rationalize their mistakes, in this case I think he said "Well good, now I don't have a perceived conflict of interest, I HAD to sell it, I didn't really have a choice". And then that storyline becomes fact to them. No one is unbiased when it comes to the fragile human ego.

While Sandy almost certainly doesn't have inside info, I just wanted to point out for the benefit of new investors that it's not necessary to be under a non-disclosure agreement to have inside information. The SEC puts the onus on the individual investor to know when they are in possession of inside information and to refrain from trading on that info.

One comment about Sandy: While I don't think he has a horse in this race, and he's not specifically biased against Tesla, everyone has built-in biases. It's impossible not to. These biases change with time and that is what we have witnessed with Sandy. He's been so impressed with Tesla that he's actually slightly biased in FAVOR of them at times. He started out viewing Tesla as outsiders to the industry he grew up in and thought they didn't know how to make cars. At that point in time, even thought he THOUGHT he was being even-handed, he had subtle biases against Tesla. Yes, Tesla was not perfect but Sandy's ingrained biases reflected in the MANNER in which he presented the material. AND words matter. This was not intentional or conscious on his part.

Currently, he has subtle biases against Ford that are apparent, probably due to the deterioration of his professional relationship with them at some point in time. Don't get me wrong, the Mach-e really is inferior in most of the ways he highlights as he tears it down, but you can see his biases come through in the way he presents the information he covers and the language he uses. It's unavoidable when you are that close to the industry and, indeed, helped form it.

As investors it's important to recognize that everyone has biases. Some are better than others at concealing or ignoring them but no one is perfec

Reactions: Skryll

At the moment I am not-prepared, so I haven't taken any action - and unsure whether this is just a generic email or it for real and if completed, i would get it in next 1-2 mths.

Look at your mytesla account. There should be an estimate delivery date there; it probably says: April or something like that.

I ordered a Model S last week and the delivery date was blank before and it now says September 11-30th 😳.Gary Black thinks that the $10,000 EV incentive might happen somewhere in September but who knows. My car will be funded all by CC's.

THIS is 4 dimensional chess right here.
Ford is going to do the "Heavy Lifting" on the political frontier for Tesla in the EV Federal World.
Good on Ford. I continue to be impressed with the speed that Ford shows in changing. Maybe too late..maybe. But they are trying to turn the boat. The GM and Dodge ships seem to be adrift in ice and captains drunk on the floor.

Well.. my tax-advisor said, that the interest-penalty on unpaid taxes in germany is just ~5% atm (LIBOR + 2% interest + 5% penalty, LIBOR is < 0 since years) .. so basically a cheap loan ..
not advice. ;)

If you switch to IBKR you are on portfolio-margin & you can pay out all excess liquidity to yourself. If your cash goes negative you pay interest. If you sell 1-2 puts you should never have a negative balance ;)

But beware: having > 100k Eur in cash (and not converted to e.g. USD) will make you pay negative interest (0.5% p.a. or something along those lines).

confirming this works very well

Look at your mytesla account. There should be an estimate delivery date there; it probably says: April or something like that.

I ordered a Model S last week and the delivery date was blank before and it now says September 11-30th 😳.Gary Black thinks that the $10,000 EV incentive might happen somewhere in September but who knows. My car will be funded all by CC's.
Call me cynical, but I think the chances of the EV tax credit happening in Sept are close to zero.

I'd say it is legit. I ordered a Plaid S MSM, black/carbon with 21" on 7/29. Got the VIN on 8/3 and picker her up on 8/7. Build date is 7/21. Learned my lesson on my 2015 S purchase ---- don't sell TSLA shares to buy a car. One of the most expensive mistakes I've ever made. :oops: