Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the first ramp in the stock price was the recognition that "these guys are actually selling cars and might make some money"... this next wave seems to be "their technology is really 5-10 years ahead of competitors... wait, do they have competitors?"
Interesting times indeed.

Again, for those that haven't, would recommend Ashlee Vance's book... hard to not read that and realize that these guys are here to win and move us to a sustainable future.

But when there are no large destinations to fund the stations, the business case becomes murkier, at least for now. You are seeing this with regard to the build out into the Las Vegas community. Steve Hill of the LVCVA has mentioned that public subsidies might be needed. All this might work in Las Vegas, but perhaps not in other cities. Perhaps TBC will need to get creative.
From what Steve Hill said this week, it sound like most of the cost of stations is avoiding any existing subsurface construction. "...those ramps that come from the tunnel back up to the stations have to come through everything that's been built. So we have to know exactly what's there, we have to design that system to allow the tunnels and the ramps to miss everything that's down there or know that we have to move some things that are down there. Then they have to put all that in drawings and submit it to the building department and then work through all those plans with the building department."

In less densely constructed areas, I expect it'll be a lot simpler and less expensive to just make a ramp up into a parking lot and add the new lines and canopy and stuff.

If the underground LVCC Loop station was about $40million as Steve Hill said, and the project price was $48 million, that suggests the price of the parking lot stations were pretty cheap at LVCC.

Raise your hand if you think Adam found this TMC thread oh, about 3-6 months ago. Hi Adam!

Lol, respectfully (?) Jonas couldn't find his 'AJ' if it had a string tied to it. No, what happened is that about a year ago, MS fired all their auto-analysts on AJ's teams and hired a bunch of tech analysts to redo their rating of TSLA. Its taken months, but they are slowly coming around to what we knew for years.... and, the new 'tech' guys read TMC (makes their jobs ezr) :p

I'm planning to retire from corporate work in January, and I'm 27.

shock-shocked.gif

ConFession: In November of 2019 I was unmotivated so I had youtube opened and I saw Tesla was going to debut their truck. I thought, "What the hell'" and clicked on it.
I thought the first "truck" to come out was fake. I knew the next truck would be the real truck. I kept waiting... and I thought I'd never buy such an ugly thing. And after some time I understood just the concept of the "truck." And put down a hundred dollars. (eventually on three of them to insure that whatever model suits me I can buy it.)
So then I found the cybertruck forum. And many of the members invested in tesla just to pay for their trucks. And they kept bragging about the stock performance.
So I bought stock in my ROTH. I knew nothing. I have not even rode in a Tesla yet. And now being half-a-teslanaire means I have more money than I'll spend if I don't get stupid.
My "Fortune" is a result of the Butterfly flapping its wings in the Amazon rainforest. Bored and lazy I clicked on the cyber(nota)truck reveal which has me here.
You guys have gotten huge sums. Some of you because you understand. But there had to be that butterfly for you to or you'd be like your friends that did not join you.
OH SNAP!
Back then shares were about $100 post-split.
So those THREE $100 reservations cost me $2727 in today's stock.
(That's as close as I can get to the guys that paid several million dollars in today's stock money for a Roadster)

Last edited:
What a crazy day.
my dad passed away this morning after 6 months of recurring gastric cancer.
my anesthesiologist was day trading PHUN while I was doing rotator cuff repairs and trapezectomies, he bought 50k and sold with 500k profit in one day. He bought in November, sold at $18, bought back at 6 and sold at 12 for a 550k profit on his TFSA, all this while doing perfect regional blocks for my patients. I didn’t even know it was possible for a stock to do +1200% in a single day.
43CAAF20-50C9-4796-B87E-B7C4B39E7473.jpeg

and TSLA closed above $900 even with a call wall at $900.

what is going on? The world is upside down.

at least I have next week off to recover.

True....who knows what catalyst will drive a person's actions.
Daughter had a summer camp reunion in the Chicago area.

Sat in a model S in the Rush street showroom.....and here I am.

Now I stare at the ticker all day and plot conquests....what a life!
You picked up the ball! Now let's see if all the others will break it back to the non TSLA/Tesla moment that resulted in them being Teslanaires today... If she'd have never gone to summer camp, so if someone didn't suggest it, like her best friend was going so she begged to go...
But come on people think...what was the non-stock non Tesla thing that tripped you into the Teslasphere.
It is the week end. Time to come clean. There had to be something Butterfly wingish that led you to TSLA besides the car.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unpilot
This forum changed my whole life. It likely will result in me retiring in my 40s. It's incredible.

Lol, I retired at 45. Since then I've worked harder, travelled further, and lived more deeply than ever before. And if I live to the average age of my parents, I'll have 45 useful years in retirement. The trick is to make it meaningful. Looking back, it would have been better if I retired at 34... :)

But 'eyes-on-the-prize', right? So:
  • The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in our lives. We work to better ourselves and the rest of humanity.” ― Capt. Jean-Luc Picard, April 4, 2063
  • "In order to really foster the kind of innovation that is needed, we gotta make Star Fleet happen” ―Elon Musk, March 9, 2020
My advice: Go find something that YOU think is worthwhile, and do it hard!

Cheers!

What a crazy day.
my dad passed away this morning after 6 months of recurring gastric cancer.
my anesthesiologist was day trading PHUN while I was doing rotator cuff repairs and trapezectomies, he bought 50k and sold with 500k profit in one day. He bought in November, sold at $18, bought back at 6 and sold at 12 for a 550k profit on his TFSA, all this while doing perfect regional blocks for my patients. I didn’t even know it was possible for a stock to do +1200% in a single day.View attachment 724415

and TSLA closed above $900 even with a call wall at $900.

what is going on? The world is upside down.

at least I have next week off to recover.
Condolences to you and your family regarding your dad.

ConFession: In November of 2019 I was unmotivated so I had youtube opened and I saw Tesla was going to debut their truck. I thought, "What the hell'" and clicked on it.
I thought the first "truck" to come out was fake. I knew the next truck would be the real truck. I kept waiting... and I thought I'd never buy such an ugly thing. And after some time I understood just the concept of the "truck." And put down a hundred dollars. (eventually on three of them to insure that whatever model suits me I can buy it.)
So then I found the cybertruck forum. And many of the members invested in tesla just to pay for their trucks. And they kept bragging about the stock performance.
So I bought stock in my ROTH. I knew nothing. I have not even rode in a Tesla yet. And now being half-a-teslanaire means I have more money than I'll spend if I don't get stupid.
My "Fortune" is a result of the Butterfly flapping its wings in the Amazon rainforest. Bored and lazy I clicked on the cyber(nota)truck reveal which has me here.
You guys have gotten huge sums. Some of you because you understand. But there had to be that butterfly for you to or you'd be like your friends that did not join you.
For me it was less of a butterfly moment and more years of anxiety and depression about environmental sustainability, and doing as much research and analysis as possible to try to figure out what the real solution was to the hydrocarbon fuel problem amidst all the noise and misinformation. The closest thing to a butterfly moment for me was my roommate leaving a copy of the Ashlee Vance biography on the living room floor. Or it was arbitrarily deciding to move to Seattle in 2015, and seeing Teslas everywhere.

Suffice it to say, every analytical road I followed implied that a fix was coming quickly, and that it would come primarily from Tesla. This was not the result I was expecting, nor the fact that I observed that almost no one in a position of authority or wealth seemed to have reached the same conclusion. I had naively thought that high-status adults were smarter and better-informed than that. To win big in capitalism, one must have a belief about the future that is deeply contrarian, yet correct. So I started dabbling in TSLA. Then, seeing the endless stream of BS in 2018 and 2019 and especially watching stuffy suits losing their minds over Elon puffing a joint like a noob and assembling cars in a tent, I couldn't take it anymore and abandoned my index-fund-only strategy to dump the majority of my life savings into TSLA shares.

Now here we are.

Last edited: