Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Shocker. Wait for it…

"The NTSB said the driver was operating the 2019 Tesla Model 3 with the driver assistance system Autopilot engaged but was manually pressing the accelerator pedal causing the vehicle to go into override mode when it struck the rear of a minivan."

MFST was "dead money" for many years....

Those were the Ballmer years. Management is one of the most important things in any investment.

I will always have a soft spot in my heart towards MSFT, the stock, because it's one of the primary stocks that propelled me from laughably small amounts of capital to something substantial that I could work with. Even though I sold it in 1998 to buy QCOM, I bought it back in 2015 when Nadella took the reins and have caught a 9X all over again. I did sell most of it to buy TSLA in 2019 but added some back at the beginning of this year when rebalancing. Nadella is amazingly perceptive, one of the not very numerous CEO's who "gets it".

Shocker. Wait for it…

"The NTSB said the driver was operating the 2019 Tesla Model 3 with the driver assistance system Autopilot engaged but was manually pressing the accelerator pedal causing the vehicle to go into override mode when it struck the rear of a minivan."

Yep the only thing NTSB could recommend here is that the car take control over the drivers inputs...

Why it is people are using this platform to tell Elon what he should be doing with his finances is beyond me.
Perhaps donating those appreciated shares to a DAF (and taking a charitable tax deduction based on current market value without Elon having to sell those shares Today) would serve many purposes including keeping those shares out of the current float and result in a future bigger benefit to the DAF as those shares continue to appreciate?

Those were the Ballmer years. Management is one of the most important things in any investment.

I will always have a soft spot in my heart towards MSFT, the stock, because it's one of the primary stocks that propelled me from laughably small amounts of capital to something substantial that I could work with. Even though I sold it in 1998 to buy QCOM, I bought it back in 2015 when Nadella took the reins and have caught a 9X all over again. I did sell most of it to buy TSLA in 2019 but added some back at the beginning of this year when rebalancing. Nadella is amazingly perceptive, one of the not very numerous CEO's who "gets it".
Agreed...Nadella is a visionary. I sold all MSFT off last year and poured it all into $TSLA though....I trust Elon more :)

Shocker. Wait for it…

In addition…

"The Tesla had issued multiple visual and audible alerts to the 75-year-old driver because his hands were not detected on the steering wheel while using Autopilot.
The Tesla was going at about 68 miles per hour behind the minivan when the driver increased the vehicle speed to 72 and the Model 3 triggered Automatic Emergency Braking, which dropped the speed.
The driver increased pressure on the accelerator to 95%, struck the minivan and then exited the highway traveling at speeds recorded up to 114 mph before striking the pickup."

Too many things happening last couple of weeks, I don't think any TA matters right now.
Some sentiment, volume etc but cannot predict what happens next.

EM stops selling, SP goes Up, he continues selling drip drip and it goes down .. no TA needed

I actually like TA and study and try to learn more each day though :)
Elon does not have to stop selling. Buyers have to anticipate him stopping selling. If he was 90% done people would buy because it was the last day, not because he was finished. If you were short you could not cover the next day, it would be up. Knowing that how many days in advance of that do you start buying and shorts start covering? If we are 50% done maybe that’s the point where you have to cover, not 90% where everyone is buying because he’s almost done.

Don’t know about a visionary, but he is definitely competent.

I enjoyed owning Microsoft for a little over a year and sold it recently after I realized that even though it doubled in the short time I owned it, I could have done a lot better owning Tesla.
I recommend avoiding the temptation to buy or sell based upon past performance. Always try to look forward.

Other stocks will outperform TSLA from here on out, perhaps not very many, but I can't find any particular ones that I think have as good of a risk to reward. The only reason I invest in other companies is for the benefits that some diversification offers.

How can the Ford have superior handling when it came last on the Swedish Moose Test while the Model Y aced it?

Mustang Mach-E Fails Moose Test: Tesla Model Y & Ioniq 5 Ace It

This Edmund guy sounds like another random youtuber making vids about things they don't grasp. I can't even be bothered to click on it.
The superior handling and braking comes from the fact that the Mach-E's handling/braking is measured at much lower speeds because it can't go fast. o_O

The superior handling and braking comes from the fact that the Mach-E's handling/braking is measured at much lower speeds because it can't go fast. o_O

Actually, I'm pretty sure Edmonds just made it up. Because "better handling" is at least partially subjective. They can't claim the Mach-e has more power or more range better charging options so they say it looks and handles better. Gotta keep your sponsors happy somehow! But, yeah, the moose test pretty much disproves that anyway.

Shocker. Wait for it…

Blaming autopilot for an accident is the driving equivalent of saying your dog ate your homework.

I don't find attacks on Rivian and Lucid valuations compelling because the bears have been making those same attacks on Tesla for years. Clearly the market is pricing Rivian and Lucid for a Tesla like future, not for what they are today. Whether or not they achieve a Tesla like future is the big question and people are placing their bets accordingly. To me, a much safer bet is that Tesla has an even more Tesla like future ahead of them.

I don't find attacks on Rivian and Lucid valuations compelling because the bears have been making those same attacks on Tesla for years. Clearly the market is pricing Rivian and Lucid for a Tesla like future, not for what they are today. Whether or not they achieve a Tesla like future is the big question and people are placing their bets accordingly. To me, a much safer bet is that Tesla has an even more Tesla like future ahead of them.
Agreed...its really mind boggling seeing their current valuations...maybe they think because they are full of 'ex' tesla employees, they will have a clue on how to scale?? 🤔🤔🤔🤔