Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tend to agree that we will have to find a way to discuss politics in this thread as they impact TSLA. I see an increasing impact of politics on my investment. This thread offers contributors from the full political spectrum and if we can find a way to discuss in a civil and TSLA related fashion, well, that will improve the breadth of our discussion. I think that the world we all live in makes this difficult, but I'm willing and able to be objective and respectful of others POV.

We already do discuss politics when it directly relates to TSLA. And far too often when it doesn't.

I suspect that much of the huge recent gains for LCID and RIVN shares have been from TSLA shareholders who've stepped aside during Elon's selling spree and temporarily parked their profits in other EV companies. Once Elon is through selling, many of those renegades could switch back.

All 3 stocks were up today?

I'm at just over 100% on LCID since... Oct 28th.. lol

Frankly, I'm glad that the TMC forums have real moderators with teeth. It means that civil discourse is possible.
Agree and I will add:
The Moderators are similar to referees in sports. They occasionally make bad calls. What do professional athletes do when they receive a bad calI? They complain for a second or shake their head and continue to play . . . . they move on. . they don't walk off the field, court or the pitch in protest.

The moderators are not always going to get things right, but we need them. So if you're the recipient of a bad call, just shake your head and continue to play.

Monthly chart now looks like a giant bull trap.

Too many things happening last couple of weeks, I don't think any TA matters right now.
Some sentiment, volume etc but cannot predict what happens next.

EM stops selling, SP goes Up, he continues selling drip drip and it goes down .. no TA needed

I actually like TA and study and try to learn more each day though :)

This isn't really fair to Gates though because he was CEO of MSFT when all companies were worth a lot less than they are now. That said, Gates made a mistake by leaving Steve Ballmer in charge after he retired, which resulted in a "lost decade" until Nadella took over.
MFST was "dead money" for many years....

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 30seconds
Did you see the monster red bar of TSLA shares sell after bell (4pm) it's Elon ? 820286 shares ?
I'm trying to look for it. Can you do a ss?
EDIT: nvm, found it. Sure does look like a closing cross. Gary Black would approve.

1637098067891.png

Last edited:
Ouch! I wouldn't have recommended shorting TSLA via puts in 2019 at less than 1/20th the current price. That's where I started buying TSLA in earnest.

Musk has never thought of S&X as more than a stepping stone to higher volumes in less expensive cars. His plan for Tesla cannot be realized by depending upon cars priced well into luxury territory.

If the Model 3 was the wrong car to build, then why did it send Tesla on the path to major success? Can you tell me what happened to sedan sales after Tesla released the Model 3 in large numbers? That's right, Tesla single-handedly reversed the trend of declining sedan sales. Now that the Model 3 has proven to be a raging sales success, are you able to better wrap your head around why Tesla might have chosen the Model 3 as the EV to break into the auto market in a big way or are you still stuck in your 2019 thinking?

Now that the Model Y is climbing the sales charts and has makers like VW and Ford running scared and GM babbling false bravado, do you know why Tesla didn't go with the traditional boxy SUV shape? How's that "huge demand problem" coming along? Sometimes it's a good idea to re-visit perspectives from past years after enough time has passed to see how things played out.

Paging @Krugerrand (@Ocelot warned of a huge demand problem for Models 3 and Y). Yes, it was before your promise to buy another share at every mention of "demand problem" but no one will object if you want to apply the rule retro-actively. ;)
Wow, that post from Ocelot in 2019 was hilarious. Thanks for the reminder. Every single thing in there was wrong. Congrats to all of us who disagreed and made fortunes since then! :D