Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's like Friday came early, doh.
Yeah, typically after a big runup there's a big rundown and after the Texas Gigafest on Thursday I expect they'll be a runup and barring any substantial positive news, a gradual rundown until 4/20 & 4/21, assuming the earnings report is great (which it should be).

Macros aren't great today on high 10 yr yield it seems, so some of that is weighing on TSLA. This becomes a scare opportunity for weak hands. No doubt this rebounds soon and is exaggerated. OTOH, as money tightens further and this yield trends continues, we could feel the pinch. For me, TSLA is the only safe place to shelter through this storm. We might even see more Tesla vehicle price increases this year. Better lock in on prices now. (Note to self)

5 days on the 10 yr:

1649174232036.png

I literally pointed this out in the post you quoted- so it's weird you think you're telling me something here.

I was responding to your strongly worded claim:

The board could vote to "announce a split pending shareholders passing a vote to approve more shares but they absolutely do need a shareholder vote to actually perform the split because currently not enough authorized shares exist to do even a 2:1 split- and the board can not increase that number without shareholder approval.

There is nothing awkward about a 1.5/1 split, I was pointing out it has been done as a matter of course, multiple times, by a number of companies. More importantly, I believe even a fractional split like that would force a complete accounting of all shares which would force naked shorts to all cover (except for the lax enforcement by the SEC). While I don't expect the surprise announcement of a fractional split before the annual meeting, and while the recent announcement might embolden naked shorts to think any split requires a shareholder vote, it would be foolish to think a surprise fractional split was completely out of the question. Because Elon.

Macros aren't great today on high 10 yr yield it seems, so some of that is weighing on TSLA. This becomes a scare opportunity for weak hands. No doubt this rebounds soon and is exaggerated. OTOH, as money tightens further and this yield trends continues, we could feel the pinch. For me, TSLA is the only safe place to shelter through this storm. We might even see more Tesla vehicle price increases this year. Better lock in on prices now. (Note to self)

5 days on the 10 yr:

View attachment 790326
We actually need 10 year to go up and 2,3,5 year to come down. The longer the yield stays inverted, the higher predictive probability of a recession.

I was just think that very same thing this morning. Henry Ford innovating, or JDR dominating the landscape? Likely will be seen as a combination of both once it's all said and done.

This highlights the importance of technology in human civilization. Drop JDR into his world and you get....scarcity, greed, chaos. Drop Elon into this world with the same dominant mentality and you get..... sustainable abundance.
In fairness to Rockefeller he brought technological excellence to petroleum production, professionalism to prospecting and development, made transportation and distribution more efficient and effective than the world had ever seen. Views in the context of the advent of the automobile and electrification, he pretty much alone made the infrastructure work from scratch. Viewed from more than a century back, we see the problems created by his very success.

Viewed in historical context, it is not fair to blame John D for all the negatives. Viewed in 2022 context the world would have been better had Edison's batteries be able to have been powered from the solar panels that were not existing, the wind generators that were not then scalable and water power too. Had ground extracted petroleum not been so easy to use, rather than whale oil and a bit of other odd flammables, we might have had electric vehicles en masse then. But, petroleum was easy.

NO ONE needs to guess why a ridiculous number of posts are being deleted.
I was busy writing an OT post I think, was it the Twitter topic? It was a good one, but living only in RAM at the moment.

(Edit: I'm going with the thumbs up, so it went here.

Cheers!)

Last edited:
Reactions: Nocturnal
Nothing like losing previous day’s entire gains…still painful to watch. HODL.

Except you haven't lost anything unless you were planning on selling your shares at the ridiculously low price of $1150.

Look in your brokerage account. It should show the exact same number of shares of the exact same company you owned yesterday. :cool:

TSLA, GM, Ford all equally down 4% today.
So what, do they just decide to attack the auto sector to pull down TSLA (representing most of it), then correct the others tomorrow?
Maybe someone has a bigger view of the macro data. Wouldn't all sectors be affected by inflation and supply issues, so why was "Automotive" in the headline on my TD website? Was that code for "Tesla?"

Reactions: NooB_cat