Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nasdaq has picked up some momentum. I expect a last hour attempt to push down back below the 30 day MA, but I don't think it will be successful with how today has gone. This sets up next week as a place your bets on CPI week that runs to ~12.8 or down to ~11.7.
It was fun rally but MM's clearly stepping in to protect the 800 Call Wall. TSLA's trading since hitting 792 has diverged from the macro's which shows pretty clear intervention on the MM's part.

Would take substantial volume to counter MM's at this point. I'm not complaining though. It's all about the stock just holding it's head above water until we get Q2 over with.

Last edited:
It was fun rally but MM's clearly stepping in to protect the 800 Call Wall. TSLA's trading since hitting 792 has diverged from the macro's which shows pretty clear intervention on the MM's part.

Would take substantial volume to counter MM's at this point.
Tesla has been diverged from the macros all day (I'd argue since last week), and the 800 point was clear resistance from early on before the macros gained momentum.

Not fully up to speed on this thread, so sorry if this was already posted, but looks like Ford has finally seen the light with fixed price direct sales.

Dealers are going to fight that tooth and nail... and this is why they've fought Tesla at every turn. It set a precedent that is hard to come back from.

Not fully up to speed on this thread, so sorry if this was already posted, but looks like Ford has finally seen the light with fixed price direct sales.

What Farley isn't saying is how Ford plans to get around the very long-term contracts they have with all of their dealerships. Sure in say 2030, Ford will have been able to let all of it's dealership contracts expire. But for the next 5 years?...............Yeah show me Farley how you're going to achieve this, don't just talk

What Farley isn't saying is how Ford plans to get around the very long-term contracts they have with all of their dealerships. Sure in say 2030, Ford will have been able to let all of it's dealership contracts expire. But for the next 5 years?...............Yeah show me Farley how you're going to achieve this, don't just talk
I agree, but step one is realizing you have a problem 😀. I also found it interesting that he is eschewing EV advertising saying they'll never do a superbowl ad, for example.

Would take substantial volume to counter MM's at this point. I'm not complaining though. It's all about the stock just holding it's head above water until we get Q2 over with.
So what? Each dollar of SP isn't ground gained or ground lost, it's just a snapshot. Sure, MM's can cap and push down a bit now that volume has dropped considerably. That doesn't mean TSLA is worth 780 instead of 790, it's just a moment in time exchange rate.

We got a glimpse of what SP will do in a light macro breeze. Delightful!

Factoid/tidbit of the day:

Clean electricity production per capita, KWh
(nuke+hydro+geo+wind+solar)

50,448 🇮🇸 Iceland
28,051 🇳🇴 Norway
15,104 🇸🇪 Sweden
13,798 🇨🇦 Canada
8,608 🇫🇮 Finland
7,223 🇨🇭 Switzerland
6,956 🇫🇷 France
5,610 🇸🇮 Slovenia
5,429 🇦🇹 Austria
5,379 🇳🇿 New Zealand
4,825 🇺🇸 United States
4,568 🇧🇪 Belgium
3,748 🇸🇰 Slovakia
3,634 🇮🇪 Ireland
3,566 🇰🇷 South Korea
3,332 🇪🇸 Spain
3,263 🇨🇿 Czechia
3,236 🇧🇬 Bulgaria
3,140 🇩🇪 Germany
3,008 🇷🇺 Russia
2,836 🇩🇰 Denmark
2,638 🇵🇹 Portugal
2,400 🇭🇺 Hungary
2,383 🇦🇺 Australia
2,227 🇧🇷 Brazil
2,157 🇬🇧 United Kingdom
1,883 🇨🇱 Chile
1,825 🇹🇼 Taiwan
1,787 🇭🇷 Croatia
1,720 🇨🇳 China
1,716 🇯🇵 Japan
1,681 🇬🇷 Greece
1,653 🇷🇴 Romania
1,534 🇮🇹 Italy
1,515 🇺🇦 Ukraine
1,463 🇱🇻 Latvia
1,456 🇹🇷 Turkey
1,410 🇳🇱 Netherlands
1,143 🇦🇷 Argentina
1,130 🇻🇪 Venezuela
1,035 🇵🇪 Peru
1,027 🇱🇺 Luxembourg
Yeah but booze is dead expensive in Iceland. So, swings and roundabouts really

There have been talks of spinning off the EV business right?

So what? Each dollar of SP isn't ground gained or ground lost, it's just a snapshot. Sure, MM's can cap and push down a bit now that volume has dropped considerably. That doesn't mean TSLA is worth 780 instead of 790, it's just a moment in time exchange rate.

We got a glimpse of what SP will do in a light macro breeze. Delightful!
Hmmmm I don't think I ever said today's trading had any significance beyond just a day of trading. It's just musings from the trading action of the day. As I said in the post, it's really just about TSLA keeping it's head above water until Q2 is over since we won't get have TSLA specific catalyst until July 2nd/3rd.

There have been talks of spinning off the EV business right?
I've seen this mentioned a few times.

I'm of the opinion dealerships are going to fight tooth n nail if legacy auto tries to go this route. And I think dealerships would win the lawsuit. Those contracts are pretty iron clad and Ford trying to say their EV business is a "new" business while using factories/production lines that were essentially paid for by their ICE sales, will not fly in court.

Another option is that Ford and the dealerships come to essentially a buyout agreement, with Ford taking a monumental one-time loss. But even then, I think that's highly unlikely.