Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GM has had in-house cell production for years with LG as partner. Originally built for the Volt, now the Bolt EV/EUV. Two more plants are also just coming on line for their Ultium cells.

Nissan has had in-house production since early Leaf days. IIRC, they tried to sell it off at one point, but still have it.
I'm not sure we should count those partnerships as truly in house cell production.

Oil prices are set globally. Very little difference.

The audience for this Dimon interview was algos and the general unsavvy public sentiment. Accuracy is of little importance.

The Saudis have been whispering a willingness to fill any Russian supply gap moving forward. That pressures the OPEC+ relationship and endangers this oil bull run. So you trot out Jamie Dimon to make sure everyone knows it's actually far WORSE than the public could possibly imagine.

Sure it is. Meanwhile, JPMorgan is making billions in oil & gas finance.

I don't think there's even much real buying or selling going on today, but sentiment movement shifting the options market to a higher max pain and MM's adjusting accordingly.

Was very surprised to see this week's call balance shift so much from yesterday's open to today's. I think max pain even shifted like +$35.
Could be, but volume today is significantly more than previous days. The 11:10 candle was ~2.25x yesterday's. That said, options adjustments likely are playing into this. It was held down below a large gamma divergence last week. This week that number (at a quick glance) would be ~805-810

It simply looks like a macro trend to me, we are just along for the market ride as we have been lately.
It would be beyond the beta Tesla has typically shown on green days for the Nasdaq. We're operating around 4-5x most of the day when 2-2.5x is the normal.

If the Nasdaq can hold over the 30 day MA, it would be the first time since April 7th.

Apples and oranges.

My statement was about time/labor relationship to earnings as a gauge of currency inflation over time.
I would argue the currency inflation relationship described misunderstands what constitutes a medium of exchange. My position is to focus on value over time rather than attempt to link any medium of exchange with the gift of inflation.

Inflation that reduces obligations and incentivizes relentless advancements. Of course everything in moderation and speaking of moderation, back to our investment discussions. Thanks for your comments on this expansive topic.

Wrong we know a lot dating all the way back to the first batteries released and their patents are open.
Open patents don't mean squat. I have some myself.

We don't know for sure which patents are used in particular products. And the patent is just the overall idea. It often says very little about the details of the final implementation.

If you want to evaluate the fire risk of a particular product, you can get an engineering opinion from someone like Munro or you can wait and see how many fires occur. You can't know such things from just scouring the internet.

But back to my original point. All cars have a high energy density. There is always a potential for fire in any car you own.

That is actually how I picture this having gone in my head, having watched Elon's behavior for the last 13 years.
I also picture it this way mostly. I also consider that the method of handling it slightly publically is a bit bullish in the sense that he sees very good things coming and now is a great time to shake the tree a bit. YMMV of course.

Reactions: Krugerrand
Open patents don't mean squat. I have some myself.

We don't know for sure which patents are used in particular products. And the patent is just the overall idea. It often says very little about the details of the final implementation.

If you want to evaluate the fire risk of a particular product, you can get an engineering opinion from someone like Munro or you can wait and see how many fires occur. You can't know such things from just scouring the internet.

But back to my original point. All cars have a high energy density. There is always a potential for fire in any car you own.
Yea, not gonna agree that Tesla is on the same level as legacies there. You're ignoring the wealth of info Tesla directly shares, battery day anyone? Dealing with legacies is a black hole. Hell Ford still cannot remove the power throttling on the Ford Mach-E GT as much as their owners demand it. They don't even have an explanation for it lmao.

Could be, but volume today is significantly more than previous days. The 11:10 candle was ~2.25x yesterday's. That said, options adjustments likely are playing into this. It was held down below a large gamma divergence last week. This week that number (at a quick glance) would be ~805-810

My assumption has always been it takes a lot of MM volume to try and cap SP moves such as today. You gotta short, then fall back and unwind at the same time. Meanwhile there's the actual fundamental hedging volume underneath all that algo shorting/covering.

Who knows. Maybe somebody glimpsed a good May China production figure?

Yea, not gonna agree that Tesla is on the same level as legacies there. You're ignoring the wealth of info Tesla directly shares, battery day anyone? Dealing with legacies is a black hole. Hell Ford still cannot remove the power throttling on the Ford Mach-E GT as much as their owners demand it. They don't even have an explanation for it lmao.
I have an explanation... Mach-E GT's cooling sucks and Ford doesn't want to risk a Bolt situation. They won't admit that publicly because they'd have to admit they made an inferior and sketchier product to the main rivals.

Who is gaining trust in this rally?
1654184952489.png