Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sage advice.

On the contrary, I don't think Burry is an idiot at all. The problem with short sellers is they make their careers calling one Big Short that pays off huge and then they spend the rest of their lives calling a crash every year and hoping it comes true. And Burry's Big Short only paid off huge because the greedy banks caused a global financial crisis which almost ended modern capitalism, how often does he think that will happen? Historically, the stock market has only ever gone up if you move your time horizon out longer than a year or two. This is why Chamath Palihapitiya told CNBC "[Jim Chanos] only makes money once a decade, I make money the whole decade."
Before the big short Burry was making a reputation for value investing- he's an amazing for digesting a company and calling it like he sees it. He's still long/short - he is a huge owner of water rights in the SW for example. He's famous to us because of his housing short but he would likely have been renowned in finance at some point because he was doing very well for several years. Even his Tesla bets might have made money..who knows. Overall he's a value investor, very old fashioned. More so even than Buffet. Not sure if he even takes others money any more? The one mistake he's made is calling things a bit early, the housing crisis almost sunk him because he thought it would blow up sooner. If he'd shorted Tesla at 1200 instead of 600 he'd be viewed as a prophet. He was off by a few months. Anyhow, not to spark arguments or anything just so people know he is not a one trick pony and maybe find out what his hypothesis is.

That's got to be a paid article. What a nitwit.

Not sure if this is relevant, but the brand loyalty of Tesla is deeply rooted to a lots of people, such that my wife will buy a smaller tesla car for commuting in downtown, even air conditioner and cell phone instantly without even looking into spec.

And my wife isn't car person at all she can't distinguish any car

Now imagine if Ford/GM/Crysler or even Toyota/Honda release a Tequila/Sake, who on earth is going to buy it

For the quarterly wave, I'm pretty sure they said the main thing that will stop it is having Berlin and Austin cranking at volume production. They still load up a bunch on inventory in transit early in the quarter to make it all reach the customers at the end of the quarter. Shorter average shipping distance automatically reduces this.

Oh brother. The competition is coming AGAIN.
This guy calls himself an auto analyst, and he does not seem to know much.
And, he does not seem to read the memo that Tesla owners are not abandoning the brand when in fact Tesla owners are the happiest bunch!

John Murphy​

Bank of America Securities
Wall Street Analyst

Ranked #663 out of 7,904 Analysts on TipRanks (#1,015 out of 20,476 overall experts)

Except he has a price target of $1300 as of today. Has had the stock on hold forever and one buy rating last April 2021. He is all over the place. Maybe he will downgrade AFTER a bad PD. He ranks high but why eludes me. Has RIVN as a buy.

Gas stations haven't had to be open 24 hours a day since the 1980s (or whenever internet and card readers became common in your locale).

I still remember the first time I was in the middle of nowhere in Iowa in a one red light town and needed gas at 2 am. The only gas station was "closed" but the pumps were on and my credit card worked and I drove away with a full tank.

It was a game changer in mentality for me. I never feared running out of gas in a random state in the mid west or in the major cities I knew. Every pump I've been to since worked for me by credit card no matter the status of the building or lack of a building next to the pump.

Yes, I once got gas at pumps that had a reader but no store. Just pumps on a concrete pad off the side of the road.

You've supercharged at superchargers that don't have a store associated with them haven't you? Why would you expect gas pumps to work so differently than superchargers?
That wouldn't work in Oregon.

• Funny
Reactions: wtlloyd and Thumper
Well, it has been a nice scientific proof that the whole: “I wish Elon would shut up so there would be less drama in the stock” doesn’t really hold water. we are just as screwed this week
What if it turns out he has been tweeting all this time, but nobody could see it, because he is shadow-banned for bad-mouthing the Twitter management ?!
;)