Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not selling stock until $1,200 (and then only to diversify a bit).
D9278151-98AD-436F-BE74-733DE9C027EA.gif

/s

The Fed evidently agrees with you:

"Nearly all central banks have struggled to forecast inflation over the past year. Pressed over whether central banks now had a better grasp of price-setting dynamics, Mr. Powell responded, ‘We now understand better how little we understand about inflation.[🤷‍♂️]’"

from: Inflation Worries Powell More Than Recession, WSJ, June 30, 2022
This isn't rocket science. Quintuple the money supply of the default world currency and you will have world wide inflation.

Jeff Roberts has an interesting comment on his latest video:

"I was able to pickup a Giga Texas made Model Y today on behalf of one of our channel sponsors, and the Tesla employee indicated that we're at 5,000 Model Ys out of Giga Texas as of this time. The one I picked up was number 3,457 so we'll see if Tesla can get all 5,000 delivered by end of day. Q2 will need all the help possible!"

This aligns well with what Rob Maurer was saying on his production video and sheds more light/corrects what Electrek reported the other day. Note Rob has counted 4,500 production out of this 5,000.

Troy has:
Austin: 2,066
Berlin: 9,176

Rob has:
Austin : 4,500
Berlin: 8,500

imo, Troy is too low on Austin and Rob is too low on Berlin.

Perhaps there will be a StarLink option on the CT.🙂

Elon has repeatedly said Starlink makes no sense to use for normal Tesla vehicle connectivity, but people keep thinking this will be a thing.

Losing connectivity every time a semi or SUV or something drives past you, or you drive through an area with buildings or trees, and it blocks the 100 degree line of sight to the sky needed is a pretty garbage solution for internet access. Aircraft and cruise ships don't generally have those issues.

It'd be great for camping (assuming a good view of sky without trees in the way)-- but that option already exists in the RV version of starlink they sell and is unrelated to the type of vehicle in use.

(Related story-- we actually have our Dishy sitting on top of an ICE SUV for elevation purposes while we wait for the roof mounting HW)

Tesla's Martin Viecha just tweeted this reminder on how to vote your shares for the 2022 Tesla shareholder votes - in case you haven't yet done it, his how-to reminder. Curious as to why this time would be so different from previous ones.

AFAIK it's not any different this year- at least when I voted this year nothing jumped out at me as different- so probably just a reminder (or addressing folks who might be new share owners I guess?).

Last edited:
It has been... can't trade on many platforms right now. Pending sales data is speculation.
GM - 95,000 vehicles missing parts

From a GM 8k filing:
During the second quarter of 2022, General Motors Company's ("we," "our," or the "Company") vehicle wholesale volumes were impacted by the timing of certain semiconductor shipments and other supply chain disruptions. As a result, we had a total of approximately 95 thousand vehicles in our inventory that were manufactured without certain components as of June 30, 2022, a majority of which were built in June. We expect that substantially all of these vehicles will be completed and sold to dealers before the end of 2022. For the three months ended June 30, 2022, we expect net income to be in the range of between $1.6 billion and $1.9 billion and EBIT-adjusted to be in the range of between $2.3 billion and $2.6 billion.

GM - 95,000 vehicles missing parts

From a GM 8k filing:
During the second quarter of 2022, General Motors Company's ("we," "our," or the "Company") vehicle wholesale volumes were impacted by the timing of certain semiconductor shipments and other supply chain disruptions. As a result, we had a total of approximately 95 thousand vehicles in our inventory that were manufactured without certain components as of June 30, 2022, a majority of which were built in June. We expect that substantially all of these vehicles will be completed and sold to dealers before the end of 2022. For the three months ended June 30, 2022, we expect net income to be in the range of between $1.6 billion and $1.9 billion and EBIT-adjusted to be in the range of between $2.3 billion and $2.6 billion.
Inventory ? Sounds more like work in progress, but whose counting - the fact that they are not confident they will finish these vehicles (ignoring the ones still being built sans parts "as of") in the next 6 months...

Last edited:
Tesla's Martin Viecha just tweeted this reminder on how to vote your shares for the 2022 Tesla shareholder votes - in case you haven't yet done it, his how-to reminder. Curious as to why this time would be so different from previous ones.

Anyone know if there Is a thread where people are discussing how they plan to vote?

I was just going to vote with the board recommendations but before I did that I wanted to see if there was a deeper discussion thread on the pros and cons of each topic. Maybe something other than the board recommendation would align better with our thoughts? Probably not but figured I'd ask.

Anyone know if there Is a thread where people are discussing how they plan to vote?

I was just going to vote with the board recommendations but before I did that I wanted to see if there was a deeper discussion thread on the pros and cons of each topic. Maybe something other than the board recommendation would align better with our thoughts? Probably not but figured I'd ask.
There is now
2022 Shareholder vote

No thread but the smartest person on the internet went through it all.

Edit: too see above now too. lol