Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They all messed up because Tesla is actually the standard by any definitions of the word.
using an adapter to charge a Tesla should not be necessary.
CHAdeMO in CA is pointless. I'll happily give my big ass adapter back if they'd just drop the plug option (only bought it to test our CA tax funded stations)
If you by «any definition of the word» mean US chargers, sure. Globally, e.g. for Europe: Probably not, though…

Question regarding last $TSLA stock split:

Recall some (many?) of us saw our $TSLA portfolio values cut by 80% due to the delay by some brokerage houses in locating shares for the dividend. Did anyone get hit with a margin call during that period? Wondering if that could happen this time.
The SP had risen more than 50% in 3 weeks since the split announcement (and 5x since the March low during the COVID dip), so I doubt anyone long TSLA was in danger of a margin call.

I remember it well. :)

Speaking of CCS chargers. The document with the proposed plan to expand the CCS charger network in Texas has some interesting parts:
  • 4 different car manufacturers involved in plan development
  • Contracts will be awarded in early 2023.
  • Proposed network by end of 2024
  • 1657745002101.png

• Proposed network by end of 2028
  • 1657745191401.png

• Existing and planned battery factories in the US
  • 1657745421301.png
Requirements for CCS chargers:
• CCS Connector (industry standard)
• 150-350kW Max Power (higher power acceptable assuming costs are not prohibitive)
o 400-800 volts, 150-600 amps, 3 phase
• Any shared circuits provide 150kW or more per connector
o Example: 1 port powering 2 connectors should be capable of providing 150kW or more to each connector at the same time
• Idle fee after charging complete • Minimum 4 DC Fast Charge connectors per location
• Maximum 8 DC Fast Charge connectors per location (due to funding not technical limits)
• At least 1 pull through space for light duty vehicles with trailers when the host location will support it
• Open 24/7 and Publicly Available (without requirements to purchase goods or services from businesses hosting the EV stations)
• Adequate lighting, restrooms, ADA compliant
• Plug to Charge Preferred (payment handled by vehicle when plugging in) payments by phone/app/card will also be acceptable
• Spaces Marked EV Only
• Signs recommending charging to 80%
• Station location, operational status, and cost/fees published online
• Vendor required to make usage data per plug available to TxDOT quarterly
• Signage directing users to charging locations

I’m not familiar with the voltage and amps of the V3 SC, but it sounds like there’s nothing stopping Tesla from adding either CCS cables to current chargers, or installing additional chargers with both connectors to take advantage of the funding from the Infrastructure Bill

Attachments

• 1657744733726.png
    1657744733726.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Informative
Reactions: growler23
Speaking of CCS chargers. The document with the proposed plan to expand the CCS charger network in Texas has some interesting parts:

I’m not familiar with the voltage and amps of the V3 SC, but it sounds like there’s nothing stopping Tesla from adding either CCS cables to current chargers, or installing additional chargers with both connectors to take advantage of the funding from the Infrastructure Bill
That jives with what Elon has said about "adding" the connectors. Hard to find a solid source but I've also read that the Tesla SCs use the CCS communication protocol as well.

Reactions: SOULPEDL

By the sound of this post about an upcoming Supercharger location Tesla has "new CCS equipped chargers" with short cables: Supercharger - Boone, NC (possible?)